I just got a Tour last week and I love it (compared to my old curve)

But for some reason the trackball seems unresponsive. It spins fine but doesn't move the cursor nearly as fast as on my curve. Sometimes it just sits there as I spin the trackball for several seconds before moving on the screen.

Any suggestions or sensitivity settings I can adjust anywhere?

Thanks!
    08-24-09 08:24 AM
    Been having this issue on 5 Tours.

New shipment with fix expected soon. Just a matter of time for defects to be filtered out.
    08-24-09 08:40 AM
    Some Tours have horizontal scrolling problems. In addition, from time to time, the Tour becomes unresponsive for a moment or two. This has led to a massive debate regarding whether this is a hardware problem or a software problem. It's probably both. One thing to do is when you notice it being unresponsive, try scrolling vertically. If that does nothing, then just wait a moment. If vertical scrolling is fine, then you should probably exchange it.
    08-24-09 08:47 AM
    Check out the video in this thread comparing TBs:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/vi...ckball-300645/

i have NO issues with my TB, which i believe is a hardware issue.

i DO have the 10-20 second device freeze which is software related. i'm hoping the next OS fixes this. It's annoying but not a reason for me to return or even complain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 09:07 AM
    Upon observation my Tour started to exhibit the loss of functionality after 11 days, mainly scrolling to the right.

Promptly replaced it, and this far it's a champ. (mind you it's still under the 30 day warranty)
    08-24-09 11:53 PM
    I just had my trackball changed to my broken curves trackball. I've bben reading on cb that swapping the tours tb with the curves tb seems to remedy this. And, it actually works perfectly fine. I don't here that scrolling noise and it doesn't sit there in one spot after scrolling 15 times vertically or go all over the place when trying to edit a sentence. The thing is, rim has not given any techs permission to open the tours so its a take a risk type of thing. The tb doesn't just pop out like it would on the curve, the tb on the tour has to be replaced by removing the housing altogether but luckily the guy used caution. I don't know the difference of the ball size but its working like a charm now. Btw, if ur within ur 30 days like I was when I first went to get a replacement, don't let the rep tell u to play with it, get ur replacement cuz the problem won't change, they just don't wanna swap the phones. The new batches don't have the tb problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD