Hello there

This was probably already talked about but could not find it. So, I am posting another question about this.

BB Maps cannot find satelites. Even though my GPS is turned ON it does not find any satelites. Why?

I have Google Maps but I am still trying to figure out why the feature does not work on my BB Curve 8900 on T-Mobile.

Thanks
    Steven
    08-23-09 09:34 AM
    Can you get Gmaps to get a gps fix?
    08-23-09 09:48 AM
    Go into Options > Advanced Options > GPS > BB Button > Refresh GPS

Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky when you try this - it may take up to 10 minutes. If it doesn't work, try with both location aiding on and off. If it still doesn't work, do a battery pull and try again.
    08-23-09 11:47 AM
    I use gmaps cause it triagulates with cel towers too! I don't think I have even tried more than once to use bbmaps and its possible I have deleted it from my phone! Good luck though I still say stick to gmaps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 01:11 PM
    Triangulation is good but not great. The phone has GPS in its hardware, so why not use it?
    08-23-09 01:15 PM
    Going off to another topic, is anybody else getting "uncaught exception" while using bbmaps? I've got this a number of times when I go to another app, but not every time, and then come back.

Last edited by BuddyL; 08-23-09 at 05:51 PM.
    08-23-09 04:08 PM
    I thought I would try again as I'm having the same problems and haven't got an answer. Is anybody else getting "uncaught exception" while using bbmaps? I had the 8820 and never this happen before.

10-24-09 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD