I have completely reworked Call Blocker and come up with Call Blocker Pro!

There are some great new features, and I even opened it up to all devices with OS 4.3 and up!

New features:
    - Reworked engine for more accurate detection
    - Works for 4.3 and above
    - Can pick up and hang up, or send to voicemail
    - Privacy mode to block all calls
    - Helps set permissions by displaying when they are not set (4.6-4.7 only)

NOTE: Calls may still ring one time but generally are blocked very quickly.

To make sure it works for everyone and catches all the issues, I am having an open beta of a near final version, with the caveat that every person that downloads it has to post their thoughts here.

I want you guys to really help me make this software better!

If you have a OS 4.3-4.5 device, use this link:
    http://epicapplications.com/openbeta/CallBlocker42.jad

If you have a 4.6 or 4.7 device, use this link:
    http://epicapplications.com/openbeta/CallBlocker.jad

These links will expire very soon, so grab it now and post your thoughts!
    08-22-09 08:24 PM
    Please also post your device and OS version, thanks!
    08-22-09 08:36 PM
    Cool. I'l checkin it out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 08:39 PM
    hey epic im rockin a storm 9530 with OS .151 and thins are running smoothly for me. the pickup and hangup feature is working flawlessley. i have tried it with both numbers from my contact and not in my contacts. it says in the help screen that pressing the back button will exit the app and that is not the case with me.
    08-22-09 08:40 PM
    THANKS A LOT...I am on a Storm 9530 running .148...just DL and will let you know!
    08-22-09 08:47 PM
    i cant get it to close. i hit the BB button and click close and it is still running in the background.
    08-22-09 08:54 PM
    Oops, thats on purpose. You can do BB key > Exit to close it. The help screen is still from the old version =/
    08-22-09 08:54 PM
    i cant get it to close. i hit the BB button and click close and it is still running in the background.
    Really? On the Storm?

It always closes when I go to BB > Close Call Blocker Pro.

Anyone else having this issue, and if so, what device?
    08-22-09 09:00 PM
    checking out

08-22-09 09:14 PM
    Curve 8330 4.5.0.160
    So far I am not having any issues.
    Thanks for letting me try this out.

08-22-09 09:21 PM
    Really? On the Storm?

It always closes when I go to BB > Close Call Blocker Pro.

Anyone else having this issue, and if so, what device?
    oops my bad. i was hitting the actual close button not the close call blocker pro. it closes fine. again my bad
    08-22-09 09:27 PM
    Loving the app. Just installed it on my phone. I'm loving it. Thanks. So far no problems. But let me do a battery pull and a few testings...
    08-22-09 09:34 PM
    Hey epic I'm on 4.7 151
    On storm

08-22-09 09:39 PM
    Giving it a spin...

08-22-09 09:45 PM
    I have an 8900 running 4.6.1.250 and it works flawlessly. The interface is very easy to follow. I just tested it twice; once sending to voicemail and the other doing the "pick up and hang up." Both options worked without a problem. Awesome app!

08-22-09 09:48 PM
    Blackberry Bold 9000

I check Block all private number and have it set to "send to voice mail" it going straight to engaged

if i put a number for blocking while still having Block all private number checked, it rings and does not send to voice mail

If I check "Block all number not in my contact list" with no number in the blocked number or blocked prefixes it works, but add a number to the blocked numbers and it does not work.

I set the permissions via the app, but first call did not block but then got asked to amend permissions again at end of call (sorry didnt see what it was changing) and now it works fine

Other than that looks to be a good application.
    08-22-09 09:58 PM
    Havent found anything wrong yet and me and a friend are testing is out! Cool app!
    08-22-09 09:59 PM
    Blackberry Bold 9000

I check Block all private number and have it set to "send to voice mail" it going straight to engaged

if i put a number for blocking while still having Block all private number checked, it rings and does not send to voice mail

If I check "Block all number not in my contact list" with no number in the blocked number or blocked prefixes it works, but add a number to the blocked numbers and it does not work.

I set the permissions via the app, but first call did not block but then got asked to amend permissions again at end of call (sorry didnt see what it was changing) and now it works fine

Other than that looks to be a good application.
    Thanks! Are you saying there is still an issue or the permissions change solved it? I would love to know what Permissions it was asking for...
    08-22-09 10:00 PM
    Well I just realized mine wasn't working. Downloaded the wrong version. About to redownload the correct one this time.
    08-22-09 10:16 PM
    Hello what about those of us that are running beta OS 5.0 on the Bold 9000 I would really love this app. which link would we use.
    Last edited by sweet230; 08-23-09 at 12:03 AM.
    08-22-09 10:23 PM
    just uninstall and reinstalled so i could grabs the details

Application Permissions
    The application CallBlocker is attempting to reset the security timer

If you say allow you dont see the message again and it then works.
    In really it nothing and I have no problems clicking allow but it my tester side coming out (yes i worked as a software tester for 12 months)

another thing I found is i cant scroll down in the help window to finish reading the help text.

even after the reinstall I stilling having the other issues, my blackberry is my work phone, I add my personal mobile to the blocked list and then check block private number, call from my home phone which is a private number and it does not get block. Now calling from my mobile it going to a busy tone instead of forwarding to my voice mail
    08-22-09 10:24 PM
    Not working on my 8350i. What could I be doing wrong?
    08-22-09 10:39 PM
    i have the 8130 seems to be working on and off for me, might have not installed properly though
    08-22-09 10:51 PM
    What do you mean on and off? Did you allow the permissions?
    08-22-09 11:00 PM
    Tour 4.7.1.40
    Installed fine
    Cant scroll in help page
    Rang 1 time blocking calls not in contacts
    added block number got partial ring
    Seems to play well with other apps
    So for so good
    08-22-09 11:00 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD