I'm sure we've all heard this before...but my storm keeps freezing up. Sometimes it's unresponsive when I'm just trying to unlock the phone and other times it begins to run slowly before completely freezing up with either the please wait message or just the running clock icon. Regardless of the situation the only remedy seems to be a battery pull. I've downloaded the new OS patch months ago but seem to be running into even more problems. Any recommendations?
    08-22-09 06:35 PM
    Did you install any new apps or themes? could be that.

How much memory are you showing..
    08-22-09 06:39 PM
    Do you know what operating system you're running?
    08-22-09 06:45 PM
    Maybe your apps are slowing your phone down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 06:47 PM
    OP come back..we want to help...we really do..

and welcome to CB...
    08-22-09 06:49 PM
    Dont forget to do a battery pull.

08-22-09 09:14 PM
    i'm not the OP but i'm having similar issues, it's only frozen completely a few times now but daily i have to deal with sluggish times and it will just take a minute plus to execute a simple command....How do i tell what OS i'm working with? (still stock, haven't gotten into modding anything yet, if that's even possible)

ps- shot in the dark, another small problem (i searched the forums, found a similar thread and had no luck with their solutions) but my phone is stuck on headphone...i have to manually switch it to handset whenever i use the phone now, i use pandora quite a bit (office job with streaming media filters) so i use my headphone jack quite a bit throughout the day...
    08-24-09 01:02 PM
    i'm not the OP but i'm having similar issues, it's only frozen completely a few times now but daily i have to deal with sluggish times and it will just take a minute plus to execute a simple command....How do i tell what OS i'm working with? (still stock, haven't gotten into modding anything yet, if that's even possible)

ps- shot in the dark, another small problem (i searched the forums, found a similar thread and had no luck with their solutions) but my phone is stuck on headphone...i have to manually switch it to handset whenever i use the phone now, i use pandora quite a bit (office job with streaming media filters) so i use my headphone jack quite a bit throughout the day...
    Options > about. The OS version is near the top. Check your app memory and make sure it isn't dipping too low. Also if you haven't already installed .151 I'd highly recommend it.
    08-24-09 01:21 PM
    Thank you much!
    still runnin the old version, will DL and update when i'm not at work (don't have comp cord w/ me)
    Think this might fix the headphone jack issue?
    08-24-09 01:28 PM
    I've never been one to mess with leaked OS's (I'm good with computers/os's etc... I just can't live without my phone for even an hour so I'd rather not risk it). I'm running the official .148 release and I know .151 is technically an official release just not for Verizon.

Does .151 solve the problem with the touch screen being unresponsive? Or greatly reduce it at least?
    08-24-09 01:58 PM
    I've never been one to mess with leaked OS's (I'm good with computers/os's etc... I just can't live without my phone for even an hour so I'd rather not risk it). I'm running the official .148 release and I know .151 is technically an official release just not for Verizon.

Does .151 solve the problem with the touch screen being unresponsive? Or greatly reduce it at least?
    IMHO .151 touch screen works better. My comparison method? I just downgraded to .148 from .151 and I see a definite difference there. However for what I need from my Storm .151 can't deliver and .148 can.
    08-24-09 02:03 PM
    lol stood up by another n00b OP yet again!!!

OMG PLZ HALP MEEEH MEH FONE DUZNT WORKEN!!!
    08-24-09 02:05 PM
    He's just looking for some advice.

08-24-09 08:14 PM
    If you use Pandora, stick with .148.
    08-24-09 09:42 PM
    If you use Pandora, stick with .148.
    Everyone keeps saying that but Pandora works fine for me on .151. I used it the other day for an hour and a half with no problems. The only time it stopped playing was when I received a message or a phone call.
    08-25-09 05:24 AM
    Has anyone had their screen/keyboard "matrix" out? Been having this problem lately on .148 even though I've added no new applications or themes. Seemed to get worse after the gmail plug-in.

10 battery pulls a day is a bit insane, no?
    08-25-09 08:38 AM
    10!? What is you app memory at usually? You may want to consider upgrading to .151.
    08-25-09 09:00 AM
    Usually, it's at 28-35. Over the past 2-3 days, it's gone to **** in a handbasket. I too am thinking .151 is the way to go, this is just asinine.

It's now down to 18.2 with nothing running. I've deleted my themes (went back to OEM stock), deleted weatherbug and pretty much every 3rd party. It's been a great phone up until this point, now it makes me want to do a burnout over it.
    08-25-09 10:38 AM
    well i'm on .148 after trying the 5.0 leak when that happened, and i have none of the issues you're experiencing...if you wanna fix 'em and stay on .148 then email me [email protected], otherwise idk if .151 will even fix your issues

i'd say you have a corrupt database, and maybe an app or two, but i'd think database with those issues...
    08-25-09 11:39 AM
    Everyone keeps saying that but Pandora works fine for me on .151. I used it the other day for an hour and a half with no problems. The only time it stopped playing was when I received a message or a phone call.
    I don't use Pandora or Slacker (or any other streaming really), and run on .151 -- I was just passing along info based on what I've heard from others. Still, if you're on the fence as to which OS to install, might as well install one that doesn't have any known issues using apps that use frequently....IMO.
    08-25-09 01:00 PM
    Well, now the screen has died. The buttons light up, the screen is faintly black and the status light flashes but nothing else. How on gods green earth could it go so wrong in such a short amount of time?
    08-25-09 02:11 PM
    [QUOTE=prezzy;3429570]Well, now the screen has died. The buttons light up, the screen is
    faintly black and the status light flashes but nothing else. How on gods green earth could it go so wrong in such a short amount of time?[/QUOTE
    ]

Time to get a new phone. Mine did the same 2 weeks ago had to get a new one.

08-25-09 02:52 PM
    I'm sure we've all heard this before...but my storm keeps freezing up. Sometimes it's unresponsive when I'm just trying to unlock the phone and other times it begins to run slowly before completely freezing up with either the please wait message or just the running clock icon. Regardless of the situation the only remedy seems to be a battery pull. I've downloaded the new OS patch months ago but seem to be running into even more problems. Any recommendations?
    the more os patches that come out the closer we move to the eye of the storm where there is no crashing or lag hopefully if 5.0 ever works we will reach the eye of the storm and finally have an... istorm lol

seriously though googlemaps seems to be the biggest drainer on mine make sure you dont have it open while on calls etc do full exit also news apps that you download try to update themselves every 5 seconds etc if you have these change the frequency of updates or make it update only when you open app then DO FULL EXIT
    08-25-09 04:23 PM
    the more os patches that come out the closer we move to the eye of the storm where there is no crashing or lag hopefully if 5.0 ever works we will reach the eye of the storm and finally have an... istorm lol

seriously though googlemaps seems to be the biggest drainer on mine make sure you dont have it open while on calls etc do full exit also news apps that you download try to update themselves every 5 seconds etc if you have these change the frequency of updates or make it update only when you open app then DO FULL EXIT
    but...i don't make the OS, RIM does....so don't put me into this garbage situation, blame the canadians!!!!
    08-26-09 11:00 AM
    Driveby question. OP asks and doesn't respond to people trying to help or telling helpers that one suggestion worked after 4 days and 23 responses.
    08-26-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD