Hi,

I'm a Tmobile customer and has an upgrade coming up. I want a new BB, and was wondering should I wait for a 3G enabled BB for TMobile to come out or if it's too long of a wait, should I go ahead and get the BB curve 8900?

I would like your opinions.

Thanks!
    08-22-09 05:47 PM
    Go for the Curve, it's a great phone.
    08-22-09 05:49 PM
    Or wait a few months for the driftwood to be released.
    08-22-09 05:51 PM
    When will BB Driftwood come out? Is it 3G?
    08-22-09 05:54 PM
    So I should wait?
    08-22-09 06:18 PM
    Don't wait. You know how RIM is with new releases. The first....hundred thousand...batches of phones suck (for the U.S., not Canada lol) and software is no good either. If you want to save yourself the fuss, get the Curve 8900. I loved my Curve 8900...of course it doesn't quite live up to the Tour...which it turn doesn't quite live up to the Storm...but the 8900 is a great phone, and I doubt the lack of 3G will be much noticeable by you.

P.S. My 8900 went to a friend after I got the Tour...I have 2 BBs and couldn't manage a third.

Another P.S. Storm rules BBs....still.
    08-22-09 09:47 PM
    Is t mobiles 3G coverage good enough to wait for a 3G phone? You would be better off saying "should I wait for a newer OS".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 10:03 PM
    The curve is a great pnone go for it.

08-22-09 11:20 PM
    T-Mobile does not have 3G coverage in my area so it was not an issue for me. That being said, I loved my 8900.

If you have 3G coverage in your area, here is my suggestion. Hold on to your upgrade and get yourself a Bold (unlock it yourself if it isn't already unlocked). It looks like T-Mobile might be getting the Onyx (Bold 2), so I'd hold on to your upgrade for that. You can always turn around and sell the Bold for $200-$300 if it's in good condition.

If you decide to go with the 8900, you will be happy with that as well.
    08-22-09 11:39 PM
    Personally I say wait for the 9700 (Driftwood/Bold 2), but if you can't wait that long go with the 8900. Although you could get the 8900 and then get the 9700 90 days afterward since technically you can get partial discounts on T-Mobile every 90 days, unless they've done away with that.
    08-23-09 12:11 AM
    If I remember correctly, when a T-Mobile salesman tried to hustle me to sign a contract with them, I was told that you never have to pay extra to upgrade your phone, and that you can upgrade at any time for the promo price listed on any particular phone at any particular time...

Anyways, I have US Cellular, which, unlike other carriers, is the slowest ever to get new phones. I have an 8330, which I absolutely love. I don't have 3G, and my area hasn't even updated to 1XEV (yet so I hear), and I couldn't be happier. Sure, once the data network switches over to the faster data connection, it'll be a ton better, but if I were you, I'd pull the trigger on the 8900. From what I've read, alot of folks love that unit, and like it was previously said, I don't think you're going to notice a huge difference in data speed. I read on Wikipedia when I looked up 3G, that 1XEV and EVDO is a 3G speed, even though it's not advertised like that by the carriers (guess they want to sell you that high dollar data plan?).

Get the BB, you'll love it! Your 3G (?) BB is a while away anyways... and it'll be pricy as **** whenever it comes out anyways... start with the Curve, move up from there.
    08-23-09 01:57 AM
    curve 8900 is a great phone, personally i would like to wait for driftwood / onyx ....
    08-23-09 02:25 AM
    Hi,

I'm a Tmobile customer and has an upgrade coming up. I want a new BB, and was wondering should I wait for a 3G enabled BB for TMobile to come out or if it's too long of a wait, should I go ahead and get the BB curve 8900?

I would like your opinions.

Thanks!
    Actually, T-Mobile has two Curves, the 8900 and the 8520. The 8900 is the best of the two, but the 8520 has the optical trackpad. I would go with the 8900. It doesn't have 3G, but with wifi enabled you won't miss it.

08-23-09 07:59 AM
    The 8900 looks sweet! go for it.
    08-23-09 08:12 AM
    I have the 8900 which I love, it is the non 3G flagship device with WiFi and enhanced EDGE - it's very fast and problem free. I am planning to get the Driftwood when it hits and keeping the 8900 as my backup device. I personally didn't like the Storm (but many do) and the Tour is a comperable device. My advice for you would be to get the 8520 that you can get relatively cheap, but has a newer OS and will be a nice little device for you and save your upgrade for the 3G device.

08-23-09 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD