so I downloaded Vlingo a couple days ago, and realized I didn't need it anymore.

deleted the app and it now has the icon with an arrow, and it says that the app is archived. is there a way i can fully delete the icon so that it won't take up unnecessary memory on my Tour? thanks!

also, could someone explain to me how saving apps to the memory card works? thanks
    08-22-09 02:58 PM
    Good question.
    08-22-09 03:00 PM
    Deleted apps will become archived automatically in you memory card. To uninstall them completely, go to "my world" in app world and delete it from there.

This should delete it for good. Hope it helps.
    08-22-09 03:15 PM
    myworld should archive the apps in your memory card.
    08-22-09 04:06 PM
    That doesn't work every time though. Trust me, I've tried several times to get rid of the "search with google" app and it's still there.
    08-22-09 04:47 PM
    That doesn't work every time though. Trust me, I've tried several times to get rid of the "search with google" app and it's still there.
    That happened to me with Weatherbug. Once I purchased BerryWeather and deleted Weatherbug, the "archived" icon for it wouldn't go away no matter how many times I deleted it from App World. What I did to finally get it to go away was to actually reinstall Weatherbug, delete it from the phone a second time, and this time when I deleted it from App World, it actually worked. Worth a try for the Google app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 05:27 PM
    Go into your options and scroll down to service books... Is the App still there? if so highlight it and delete it there. Also then go to your media card and find the app that has been put there and delete it there too. Then do a battery pull to be sure and all should be gone.
    08-22-09 07:15 PM
    Go into your options and scroll down to service books... Is the App still there? if so highlight it and delete it there. Also then go to your media card and find the app that has been put there and delete it there too. Then do a battery pull to be sure and all should be gone.
    That didn't work for me with Weatherbug. The first thing I tried was a battery pull, but no it still showed up as archived (even after deleting from App World). The only things showing up on the media card were the apps that were actually installed and running. (I guess icon folders are put there as soon as they're downloaded in preparation for archiving if you decide to delete them later.) And service books was the very first place I checked. I didn't think it would show up there though since that's not one of the apps being pushed out by Verizon, and it wasn't. I'm pretty sure the Google app isn't either. Isn't that the only type of app that would show up in service books, one being pushed to the phone by your carrier? Correct me if I'm wrong...
    08-22-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD