I know this is bad, but I just looked at my phone and realized I have 23 voice mails....how do they build up so quickly???I just went through them the other day! Is anyone guilty of letting their voicemails build up before they check it?

I think its because before the Storm I had a Virgin Mobile phone, and the problem with it was that the voicemail process just to check was SO long.

The robot operator would speak so slow and explain every detail of leaving a voicemail and deleting them took for ever. It would also read out the phone number of the caller. I think they did this to make more money to make you stay on phone longer...

So now I just let my VMs build up!

08-22-09 12:23 PM
    I have a voice to text service so I just read them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 12:28 PM
    I just check the call log first to see who the missed calls are from. I won't bother checking the voicemails depending on who it was that left them.
    08-22-09 01:05 PM
    I just check the call log first to see who the missed calls are from. I won't bother checking the voicemails depending on who it was that left them.
    lol that too!!!! hahahaha......because of that I dont want to go through them...so they just sit there. But then I get OCD and want the image of 23 voicemails gone off my homescreen. just too lazy to go through em right now.
    08-22-09 01:17 PM
    I have a voice to text service so I just read them.

do you really?
    08-22-09 01:17 PM
    lol that too!!!! hahahaha......because of that I dont want to go through them...so they just sit there. But then I get OCD and want the image of 23 voicemails gone off my homescreen. just too lazy to go through em right now.
    I'll just delete them when I check the voicemail once somebody important calls me.
    08-22-09 01:19 PM
    I'll just delete them when I check the voicemail once somebody important calls me.
    LOL. that is funny.....but true.
    08-22-09 01:21 PM
    I am guilty. A missed call is like a message. I simply return the call. Once i get around to checking the VM's, Ive already talked with the person.
    08-22-09 01:57 PM
    I check mine every few weeks try to check them more frequent but just dont get around to it.. What's the best voice to text for the storm..
    08-22-09 02:05 PM
    I check mine every few weeks try to check them more frequent but just dont get around to it.. What's the best voice to text for the storm..
    i definately need this voice to text thing. Is that the same as visual voicemail?
    08-22-09 02:08 PM
    I am guilty. A missed call is like a message. I simply return the call. Once i get around to checking the VM's, Ive already talked with the person.
    I might never return the call, depending on who it is. Or I'll text the person instead. I really hate talking on the phone.
    08-22-09 02:13 PM
    I might never return the call, depending on who it is. Or I'll text the person instead. I really hate talking on the phone.
    When I was in highschool I use to talk on my phone all the time...but now its like I ignore so many phone calls lol.
    08-22-09 02:22 PM
    do you really?
    Yep, it's part of my Rogers phone plan. Someone calls and leaves a message and they convert it to text and shoot me a text message with the transcript. Works really well and happens almost instantly.
    08-22-09 03:57 PM
    Yep, it's part of my Rogers phone plan. Someone calls and leaves a message and they convert it to text and shoot me a text message with the transcript. Works really well and happens almost instantly.
    wow.......is that the same as verizons visual voicemail?
    08-22-09 04:04 PM
    nobody i know leaves voicemails...so i usually listen to them right away, considering that they're usually something important if they leave a message...but most friends send sms instead of VM anyway...
    08-22-09 04:22 PM
    nobody i know leaves voicemails...so i usually listen to them right away, considering that they're usually something important if they leave a message...but most friends send sms instead of VM anyway...
    and if they leave a VM thats how you know its not a friend...LOL.

Friends dont leave Voice Mails...lol is that a final judgement?

Correction: unless their drunk.
    08-22-09 05:07 PM
    if they're drunk, they call me like 90 times in a row...no voicemails to be left, unless there is a group of people who want to scream at me from a crowded party...
    08-22-09 05:15 PM
    I probably receive 1-2 voicemail every few weeks. Most people text me instead.

08-22-09 06:17 PM
    wow.......is that the same as verizons visual voicemail?
    I am not familiar with that one but from what I have read I think it is completely different. Visual voicemail is a list of callers I think, not the actual voicemail written out as text.

I could be wrong though. Mine is just a transcript of the message delivered via SMS.
    08-22-09 08:15 PM
    VVM doesn't do transcripts...it basically only does what the name says...it's a visual inbox of your voicemail...so you can select and listen to each one individually, in any order, fast forward, save to your device as a voicenote, whatever...
    08-22-09 08:27 PM
    No. I handle my business and personal matters ASAP. Procrastinators annoy the eff outta me.

08-22-09 08:35 PM
    my voicemail message is "you have reached craig i have caller ID do NOT leave a message it will NOT get read it WILL just be deleted dont waste our time. Thank you."
    08-23-09 06:40 AM
    Card Storm -- Google Voice will transcribe the voicemails for you... the only downside is, the person has to call you Google Voice number. It does its magic voodoo and then emails it to you.
    08-23-09 11:10 AM
    My Voicemail box is really small, so I tend to check immediately.
    08-23-09 02:47 PM
    I always check it. I hate talking on the phone, so I'll listen to the message and send a text back..
    08-23-09 03:05 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD