Enhanced Gmail Plugin For BlackBerry Now Available! | CrackBerry.com

Lets discuss peoples experiences with it here..I just set it up so I am still learning about it..
    08-22-09 09:19 AM
    this plug-in, is it for the gmail app for blackberry? or is it for the normal messages that are pushed into the blackberry?
    08-22-09 09:36 AM
    Can't seem to get it to work on 5.0.0.140. I deleted and re-added my gmail account and I received the e-mail with the link to download the plug in. When I click download it states that my device does not meet system requirements needed.

Anyone out there still using 5.0 and have gotten this to work?
    08-22-09 09:38 AM
    I'm upset about this. I got really excited then tried to download and realized that it only works if you have the Gmail App...not cool.
    08-22-09 10:07 AM
    I'm upset about this. I got really excited then tried to download and realized that it only works if you have the Gmail App...not cool.
    Are you sure? That doesn't seem to make sense since you have to delete the gmail account in your BIS
    account then re-add it. Granted, I'm on 5.0 so I don't know what I'm talking about since I can't download it. =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 10:16 AM
    I have it working fine on 151....I have the gmail app but I am getting ready to uninstall it...
    08-22-09 10:22 AM
    You must be confused. It does not require the gmail app to be loaded. It adds gmail specific features to the native blackberry email interface. The options don't show up in "messages", but if you go into the specific gmail acct icon then you will see the new options in the menu.

08-22-09 10:22 AM
    You must be confused. It does not require the gmail app to be loaded. It adds gmail specific features to the native blackberry email interface. The options don't show up in "messages", but if you go into the specific gmail acct icon then you will see the new options in the menu.

NICE! So what steps did you go thru to download it so that you didnt lose all of your emails that were in your account before. I tried downloading, and restoring and I can into a huge mess.

Any help is appreciated.
    08-22-09 10:24 AM
    NICE! So what steps did you go thru to download it so that you didnt lose all of your emails that were in your account before. I tried downloading, and restoring and I can into a huge mess.

Any help is appreciated.
    I'm a GTD guy so my inbox was zero to anyway You won't loose any email on your gmail acct. Just on blackberry, and you can find them using the new remote search option.

BB MENU / Select Search and then change if from "Local" to "Remote" and type in a string to search for. BB MENU / "Search" and it will actually search your entire gmail archive and show you results!! Awesome!
    08-22-09 10:37 AM
    downloading it.. thanks for the info
    08-22-09 10:51 AM
    I installed it and it says "Please configure a Blackberry Internet Service Gmail account". I have a normal Gmail account set up already. Can anyone help Me?
    08-22-09 11:02 AM
    Usually, I can go into my gmail account (via computer) and send an email to myself...then get it on my phone.

Im not able to do that now for some reason. Is there some setting I should change?
    08-22-09 11:12 AM
    anyone been able to get around the "5.0 is not compatible with this software" issue? if someone could post OTA download link other than blackberry.com/gmail that would be awesome...

I love 5.0, but im really starting to get sick of the fact that I cant download ANYTHING on here... kinda sucks... but its just so damn fast lol
    08-22-09 11:15 AM

Correct...and this is the deal-breaker for me...definitely disappointed, as the only way I would accept separate e-mail icons is if the personal e-mails no longer showed up in Messages...what is the point of this...so frustrating...they should make an option to separate your personal e-mail accounts and work e-mail accounts..
    08-22-09 11:20 AM
    you have to go into email settings and delete your gmail account..then re-add it.
    08-22-09 11:20 AM
    Well done. Works well. Just follow the instructions. This will also lead me to remove the gmail app. Then again if they ever get around to 2 way sync, I'll gladly bring it back on my device. Nice plugin.
    08-22-09 11:22 AM
    The options don't show up in "messages", but if you go into the specific gmail acct icon then you will see the new options in the menu.

Confirmed. Still a good upgrade, but having the options apply to the messages would be superb.
    08-22-09 11:24 AM
    if they're not going to let it work in the messages app, then give us an option to have our gmail messages not show up in the messages app, and only in the new gmail icon. It is stupid they show up in both places.
    08-22-09 11:24 AM
    Yea... works for me but now im having problem sending mails. Ill sort it later im tired now.
    08-22-09 11:26 AM
    Weak that it doesn't work in regular messages app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 12:16 PM
    doesnt work for google apps users which is a major failwhale.
    08-22-09 12:40 PM
    I use the Google gmail app for a work-related mailing list that gets more than a hundred messages a day. It has two way sync, threaded messaging and keeps the mailing list content separate from my other email, which appears under messaging.

What's the point of the new RIM app? The Google app seems more robust.
    08-22-09 01:59 PM
    I use the Google gmail app for a work-related mailing list that gets more than a hundred messages a day. It has two way sync, threaded messaging and keeps the mailing list content separate from my other email, which appears under messaging.

What's the point of the new RIM app? The Google app seems more robust.
    Gmail app is cute, but its not push kinda wack considering your on a blackberry. It works for you thou thats what counts, just not me.

The new google plugin sucks the big one, no 2 way sync & not integrated in messages folder... booo~@@!~
    08-22-09 02:33 PM
    anyone been able to get around the "5.0 is not compatible with this software" issue? if someone could post OTA download link other than blackberry.com/gmail that would be awesome...

I love 5.0, but im really starting to get sick of the fact that I cant download ANYTHING on here... kinda sucks... but its just so damn fast lol
    I have the same issue, and its really pissing me off lol. A lot of other apps work, just not the ones FROM BLACKBERRY!
    08-22-09 03:34 PM
    Usually, I can go into my gmail account (via computer) and send an email to myself...then get it on my phone.

Im not able to do that now for some reason. Is there some setting I should change?
    i had the same problem..
    08-22-09 03:51 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD