I downloaded the newest OS and now my BlackBerry Maps won't work again. Anyone else having this issue?
    08-22-09 08:59 AM
    No problem here...but I am on Alltel plan with VZW branded device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 09:23 AM
    No problem here, alltel phone on alltel plan on vzw.

08-22-09 09:56 AM
    I have an Alltel plan and Alltel BlackBerry 8330 and i cannot make BlackBerry Maps work now with the new OS upgrade. How did you get yours to work?
    08-22-09 07:58 PM
    Do you have your locations turned on? I just went outside and started bb maps. I told it to "find where I am" and it did within 3 minutes. I don't believe I did anything special.

08-22-09 08:02 PM
    Do you have your locations turned on? I just went outside and started bb maps. I told it to "find where I am" and it did within 3 minutes. I don't believe I did anything special.

I have under options/advanced options/GPS set Device GPS and Location ON...Once BlackBerry Maps is on i tell it to start GPS navigation and it either does nothing or says unable to aquire GPS lock.

I used Desktop Manager to remove Maps then reinstall it and it still does not work. (that is what i did with .160 to make Maps work)

I also have Google Maps installed and it says GPS temporarily unavailable.
    08-22-09 09:25 PM
    I will give it another shot and post feedback tomorrow. I never use the GPS navigation only the find current location. Again I will post more info tomorrow.

08-22-09 09:32 PM
    Do a hardware test: In the options menu, select status and type "test" on the keyboard (without the quotes...) click the menu, click start, then select GPS; click to start fixing... this is best done outdoors with an unobstructed view of the sky, and you'll get a fix. If you do - then go to an application and try it - if the app works, you're good - if not, then you have a software issue.
    08-22-09 09:45 PM
    Also make sure you're outside, it's a clear sunny day/moonlit night, and that you're not obstructed with anything.
    08-22-09 09:52 PM
    Do a hardware test: In the options menu, select status and type "test" on the keyboard (without the quotes...) click the menu, click start, then select GPS; click to start fixing... this is best done outdoors with an unobstructed view of the sky, and you'll get a fix. If you do - then go to an application and try it - if the app works, you're good - if not, then you have a software issue.

Eureka! It WORKS!! Thank YOU, Thank YOU!!!
    08-22-09 10:05 PM
    Is this doable on the Pearl?
    08-23-09 09:15 AM
    Is this doable on the Pearl?

Yes, and you will have to turn off SureType and use muiti-tap for it to work.
    08-23-09 08:09 PM
    i downloaded it too but whats the diffrence? whats new ?
    08-23-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD