a vzn rep on hofo is reporting the following:

Official, 100% release dates:

May 5th in online.

May 19th in stores.

Straight from VZW's launch package.
    04-15-08 12:14 PM
    No need to double post.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/vzn...se-date-29915/

Last edited by jsanders; 04-15-08 at 12:46 PM.
    04-15-08 12:18 PM
    I heard May 9th
    04-15-08 12:25 PM
    No need to double post.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/vzn...se-date-29915/

I am betting next Monday, April 20th.

2 different forums with info tons of people have been waiting for... so i saw the need.

but i hope you are right on the 20th.
    04-15-08 12:27 PM
    No need to double post.

I am betting next Monday, April 20th.

Just wondering, if Verizon has introduced the curve as a future phone, why aren't they telling us the release date? What's the marketing scheme behind keeping hundreds and thousands guessing and waiting? Is it so they buy other phones? And Jsanders, what's the possibility of an April 20th release date?
    04-15-08 12:30 PM
    B2B may be April 20th, but not pre order or even stores.

May 5th is it. sorry but no go bro... on the 20th for consumers....
    04-15-08 12:34 PM
    I officially retract my prediction on April 20 for the 8330.

Who knows.
    04-15-08 12:46 PM
    Better be there on the 5th or someones in trouble!
    04-15-08 01:04 PM
    Hey the 5th is my anniversary. Anyone want to get me a curve for my anniversary?
    04-15-08 01:22 PM
    I'm confused. Can you provide a link? Can we even prove this person is a so-called VZW rep? I talked over the email to someone and they kept their lips pursed, so I'm doubtful that someone is just blabbing.
    04-15-08 05:28 PM
    04-15-08 07:33 PM
    *eyeroll*

But I do want to thank you for the link. I'm still a bit confused though. Is this a Verizon rep? To me it just looks like a guy named liquidplatinum who supports John McCain and just says, "It's coming then!" Not that I don't trust it. Just curious. Can anyone explain?
    Last edited by xandrex; 04-15-08 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Clarify
    04-15-08 10:55 PM
    *eyeroll*

But I do want to thank you for the link. I'm still a bit confused though. Is this a Verizon rep? To me it just looks like a guy named liquidplatinum who supports John McCain and just says, "It's coming then!" Not that I don't trust it. Just curious. Can anyone explain?
    if you will take the time to read the thread on hofo.... you will see the poster is a vzn rep...and is trusted on hofo...and that this info was sent out to all vzn reps.

if that isn't good enough for you...you can wait like the rest of us until we see it with our own eyes.
    04-16-08 07:09 AM
    if you will take the time to read the thread on hofo.... you will see the poster is a vzn rep...and is trusted on hofo...and that this info was sent out to all vzn reps.

if that isn't good enough for you...you can wait like the rest of us until we see it with our own eyes.
    If you read MY post, it said that I believe it, but all he sent me was one single post. When I tried to get to the actual thread, it brought me to a huge thread with people talking about random things about the Curve - I saw a few of his threads and none of it indicated he was a VZW rep. So excuse me for asking. I don't know why everyone is so moody when it comes to this release. I ask a simple question and everyone snaps.
    Last edited by xandrex; 04-16-08 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Clarify
    04-16-08 08:24 AM
    Nobody is snapping, you are taking things the wrong way cause you are not getting answer to the questions you are asking.... or you are not hearing the answers that you want them to be......

nobodies fault but your own.....

If we hear anything else, trust me we will let you know. Okay. The only reason why some people may seem what you called "Snaping" is there are so many threads on here and other forums. heck even google it and you will hear tons of info daily.... But when we give you info. It seems it's not good enough... That is not our fault..

Sorry you feel that way.....
    04-16-08 09:20 AM
    I think this thread is getting a little too hostile, if there is hostility to be done I think others would agree that they prefer it to be in private messages not scaring our forums
    04-16-08 09:22 AM
    I think this thread is getting a little too hostile, if there is hostility to be done I think others would agree that they prefer it to be in private messages not scaring our forums
    if you call this "hostile" you have been raised in a vert sheltered forum environment

many times it is just a case of someone not reading the post the way it was intended.

ie my quote
    i was putting myself in the same boat as the poster...i wont believe it until i see it.
    04-16-08 10:33 AM
    Not hostile. just people being ya know people.......

If you think I'm out of hand, no worries.... Let others beleive what they want, I will just ignore them from now on.... But don't call me out and throw things back in my face... It's not right..
    04-16-08 12:21 PM
    Nobody is snapping, you are taking things the wrong way cause you are not getting answer to the questions you are asking.... or you are not hearing the answers that you want them to be......

nobodies fault but your own.....

If we hear anything else, trust me we will let you know. Okay. The only reason why some people may seem what you called "Snaping" is there are so many threads on here and other forums. heck even google it and you will hear tons of info daily.... But when we give you info. It seems it's not good enough... That is not our fault..

Sorry you feel that way.....
    My question the whole time has been to where it said the guy's credentials. I believe what he said, I'm completely understanding the whole "two weeks in business terms", etc. All I wanted to know is where everyone was getting that we was a VZW rep. I am hearing no answers because there are no answers. I have people getting angry at me for reasons I don't even understand. I was curious, not angry or anything of the sort. Though now that you're putting blame on me for some mysterious fact that I doubt the info. If you read I said I accepted it. I just wanted to know why everyone kept saying he was a VZW rep if it doesn't say so in his sig or anything.
    04-16-08 03:41 PM
    My question the whole time has been to where it said the guy's credentials. I believe what he said, I'm completely understanding the whole "two weeks in business terms", etc. All I wanted to know is where everyone was getting that we was a VZW rep. I am hearing no answers because there are no answers. I have people getting angry at me for reasons I don't even understand. I was curious, not angry or anything of the sort. Though now that you're putting blame on me for some mysterious fact that I doubt the info. If you read I said I accepted it. I just wanted to know why everyone kept saying he was a VZW rep if it doesn't say so in his sig or anything.

Why don't you send him a PM on HoFo and see what he has to say......
    I'm sure he can answer any of your questions, * same ones we answered here aready.....
    We know he is because if info he has posted in the past and it has been %100 on.... Also he was able to give us allot of insight on the VZW system which none of us have access to, you have to be a employee to have access or look something up.....

Last time I checked I am not a messenger boy...
    04-16-08 03:43 PM
    My goodness, if this is not blatantly rude, I don't know what is. Everyone said he was a VZW rep and I wondered how everyone knew it. I'm not a member of HoFo and don't see the need to join. I accepted the information but wanted to know how everyone knew that he was a VZW rep. Why is it insinuated that I'm being ignorant and ponying on you when I just asked a simple question.

What would I even ask him in a PM? "Are you a VZW rep?" "Yes." "Ok." End of it.

You're not a messenger boy and I never said you were. I asked a question and last time I checked, that didn't mean you had to ask him yourself and reply back to me.
    04-16-08 03:47 PM

This answered it right there. And reading the HoFo thread, he does mention looking up and seeing certain things on VZW that we don't have access to. Also from being on there for a while and Pm's we knew he was a VZW rep. that pretty much confirmed it right..... we answered your question, but then it turn into "Well how do you knwo this'? Umm cause we are on HoFo and we know him.....

actually if you where not getting this info from us.... you would be no where. Hey you can call Verizon and they will give you nothing... **** some there don't even know about it nor any other phone they have carried for the past 6 months. But when Information if given to you and a answer is given back. I don't see that jumping all over you... .In your mind yes....

Enough of this from me, it's going no where endless loop of stupid info....... Acording to your picture on your site, I am guessing your age is 17-20 yrs old?????

Okay that explains it......
    Last edited by yester18; 04-16-08 at 03:59 PM.
    04-16-08 03:56 PM
    *eyeroll*

I'd like to consider myself pretty reliable. In terms of the end justifying the means, I haven't been wrong yet and I've been posting on HoFo for just under 6 years.

I used to be a Verizon sales rep, then I worked in corporate. I haven't worked there since September, but I know and keep in contact with a lot of people in a lot of different positions - both higher ups and lower downs.
    Last edited by liquidplatinum; 04-16-08 at 06:19 PM.
    04-16-08 04:04 PM
    a vzn rep on hofo is reporting the following:

Official, 100% release dates:

May 5th in online.

May 19th in stores.

Straight from VZW's launch package.

Please don't call me a VZW rep....

Those days are gone and good riddance.

04-16-08 06:24 PM
    Classic. I have been waiting for the Curve for a year now and the release date is the day I leave on vacation for a week. By the time I get home, it will probably be back ordered. I guess I will lug my laptop on vacation so I can order it and have it waiting for me when I return. At last, I can turn my Treo into a paper weight!
    04-16-08 07:21 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD