Hi all,
    I have Sprint BB Tour(CDMA) and ATT(GSM) phone and was wondering if its possible to use ATT SIM card on Tour to have both lines active simultaneously (at least for incoming calls). Tour manual says that its possible but I can't really figure it out. Any ideas? Suggestions? Any feedback or ideas are greatly appreciated.
    08-21-09 02:27 PM
    I would also like to know if this is possible.
    08-21-09 02:44 PM
    Hi all,
    I have Sprint BB Tour(CDMA) and ATT(GSM) phone and was wondering if its possible to use ATT SIM card on Tour to have both lines active simultaneously (at least for incoming calls). Tour manual says that its possible but I can't really figure it out. Any ideas? Suggestions? Any feedback or ideas are greatly appreciated.
    It is not possible to run both simultaneously. Where in the manual does it say that?

I can only get one line to run at a time because you can only select GSM/UMTS or 1XEV in Mobile Network Options.

Let me know where you see that.
    08-21-09 03:31 PM
    page 27 of user guide "Multiple phone numbers"
    08-21-09 03:34 PM
    Any ideas? Anybody?
    08-22-09 07:34 PM
    Any ideas? Anybody?
    I believe that refers to SIM cards with mutiple numbers. You can't run cdma and gsm at the same time.
    08-22-09 07:56 PM
    ^^^That is correct. You will first need to have it unlocked. Then, if you are on CDMA (Sprint or VZW) and some one calls your At&t number, it will go straight to voicemail. And vice/versa. But not the two simultaneously.
    08-22-09 08:01 PM
    Not possible to have both GSM and CDMA run simultaneously in Tour (I believe that there are world phones that are capable of simultanously being active on both CDMA and GSM networks - but Tour is not one of them). Only possible way is to have one number forwarded to the other (if the carrier allows free call forwarding, which I think Verizon allows). Obviously, not the same thing...
    08-22-09 09:55 PM
    What about BB MVS (Mobile Voice System) client? Anyone knows what that is??
    08-22-09 10:52 PM
    I am curious about this as well. What if you unlock your Tour, and want to use one number for North America (CDMA) and another number for international (GSM). Of course, only one radio can be active at a time. But, from what I understand only one phone number can be programmed on the Service Programming screen. Is this right? So that means, each time you want to switch, it's necessary to change the phone number (Mobile Directory Number and MSI_S) and reboot the phone?

Is there no way to have the CDMA and SIM-card phone numbers be different, and to both be programmed simultaneously? Then it would only be a simple matter of changing the mobile network options from EVDO/1X to 3G/2G as needed.

Any ideas?
    09-22-09 08:59 AM
    what does the global setting do?
    09-22-09 09:16 AM
    Hi All,
    Cant be done at the same time, but you can swap back and forth.
    My question is...if you do swap back and forth from gsm to cdma...will your BIS accoutn work both?

thanks
    09-22-09 09:28 AM
    I was reading somewhere you have to change your TCP/IP settings to whichever one you want to use (ATT or Verizon) but BOTH can't be used at the same time

Anyone know what the Global setting does?
    09-22-09 09:32 AM
    Hi All,
    Cant be done at the same time, but you can swap back and forth.
    My question is...if you do swap back and forth from gsm to cdma...will your BIS accoutn work both?

thanks
    Yes and No, No,you can only have 1 BIS account assigned to a single pin related to a phone, HOWEVER, Yes, you can receive your primary provider's email over the secondary service provided you have a data plan setup on both.
    for example. Bell is my primary CDMA, and AT&T is my GSM. when on GSM I still get my Bell email. I just have nothing setup on my AT&T, and they cannot assign the ESIN/PIN as it is already in with Bell. Everything works, with the exception of a couple apps for me.
    09-22-09 10:38 AM
    Zolutar, what about programming the phone numbers? Do you have to keep reprogramming each time you switch over from CDMA to GSM? Or do you just leave it with the "activation required" on the display.
    09-22-09 02:00 PM
    There is no way to hack it to simultaneously work on CDMA and GSM? Or like a program to make it work like that? I could REALLY use a BB that does both at the same time.
    10-11-09 06:00 PM
    If it can be this is the place to find out.
    10-11-09 06:35 PM
    Yup, that's why I posted here...
    10-11-09 06:53 PM
    Yeah I'm interested in the same thing you are. My company is getting us AT&T berries and I would prefer not to carry 2 phones around so I plan on switching between GSM and CDMA during business hours. So if some wise person can figure out how get the two to work simultaneously... well I would probably pay them.
    10-11-09 08:06 PM
    is there any way that you can have the gsm on and use the same number that I use for my sprint cdma number
    10-29-09 06:59 PM
    Man it would be great if someone would write up a guide on how to switch back and forth between the sprint cdma service and a gsm sim card...

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 08:15 PM
    I am curious about this as well. What if you unlock your Tour, and want to use one number for North America (CDMA) and another number for international (GSM). Of course, only one radio can be active at a time. But, from what I understand only one phone number can be programmed on the Service Programming screen. Is this right? So that means, each time you want to switch, it's necessary to change the phone number (Mobile Directory Number and MSI_S) and reboot the phone?

Is there no way to have the CDMA and SIM-card phone numbers be different, and to both be programmed simultaneously? Then it would only be a simple matter of changing the mobile network options from EVDO/1X to 3G/2G as needed.

Any ideas?
    For GSM phones, you don't need to mess with the MSID and MDN; that's CDMA only. The number for GSM is set by the SIM card alone.
    11-02-09 08:06 PM
    Ah, that definitely makes things simpler. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 09:19 PM
    Yes and No, No,you can only have 1 BIS account assigned to a single pin related to a phone, HOWEVER, Yes, you can receive your primary provider's email over the secondary service provided you have a data plan setup on both.
    for example. Bell is my primary CDMA, and AT&T is my GSM. when on GSM I still get my Bell email. I just have nothing setup on my AT&T, and they cannot assign the ESIN/PIN as it is already in with Bell. Everything works, with the exception of a couple apps for me.
    So you are saying that when you are on gms(att), you still receive your emails? how does that work? Im assuming ur BIS is enrolled with Bell. You have no data plan on att? please let me know for I want to do the same..
    11-02-09 10:13 PM
    guys i just got a 9630 tour with sprint written on it.. i was told that i use cdma an gsm on the same phone by simply switchin between either of them.. now when i have the phone, i come to know that it is locked by sprint.. i need to unlock it.. any suggestions please.. asap, would appreciated// thanks
    07-17-11 06:11 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD