I'm sure I'm in the wrong forum but here goes anyway.
    I bought a cool, well rated app called Slick Tasks by mindberry. Problem is, it's not that easy to figure out the settings.
    I also bought the Iberry theme for Curve and can't find help on that either.
    Do apps have step by step help or do you just have to understand how the basics of something works and go from there?
    Any help would be appreciated. Oh I should mention, after I bought Slick Tasks I had trouble getting it on my phone and one of their reps was just fantastic to work with. But I don't think he does service.
    Thanks!!
    08-21-09 09:12 AM
    What do you need to know how to do? I just got it last week but seem to have it pretty much figured out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 01:04 PM
    I thought it worked like my calendar. I will put in an appointment then tell it how far in advance to remind me. I synced it with mu calendar but the reminder defaults to the current day.
    I don't know how to use the Task Manager on the BB so maybe I need to understand those basics so I can figure this out.
    Also I can't un-sync the calendar. I tried deleting the app and re-loading it but all the calendar appointments are there and there are a lot.
    Any advice on where to get instructions?
    08-23-09 11:35 PM
    Sorry but I can't help you with the calendar. I did not sync it with my calendar because I wanted them separate. You should be able to set a reminder for any day and time by checking the Reminder box then selecting the date, time, led color, vib and sound.
    As far as instructions, I have seen none. You could send mindberry an e-mail or try to contact them through Twitter.
    Sorry I can't help more.
    TP

08-24-09 07:17 AM
    Eh, It works exactly as it is meant to be, don't really get OP's question.
    Is there anything specific u need to do that you can't figure?

08-24-09 08:59 AM
    u might want to update to the latest version...ur issues might be resolved if u update as they made some changes just the other day...

i love the app, i use it like msproject on my bb...excellent app and great gui
    08-24-09 01:05 PM
    The company is good about telling us of updates, I have the newest version.
    I did set the reminder but thought maybe you could have it remind you every few days up until the event.
    Like I said, I never figured out the BB task app so this one is more complex.
    I will take your advice and email mindberry and see if they can help.
    I'm glad you like the app. It has an incredible selection of features!
    Many thanks for the reply!!
    08-25-09 07:26 AM
    What settings do I use for a recurring task that I want to alarm me daily until the due date occurs?

I assume I set a due date...
    then go to recurrence and set it to go off every 1 day...
    now what does the "auto set reminder" box mean/do?...
    and what does "recur at fixed time" do?...
    and I know I have to set the reminder for the time I want the actual reminder.

Now once I set the "reminder" date/time, why would I need to check the "recur at fixed time" box?

This is probably very simple but it's late and the ole brain is not firing on all cylinders right now...

Thanks for any help u can give.

Oh and sorry to hijack the thread from the OP...hopefully this will be helpful to her as well.
    08-25-09 10:43 PM
    Thanks for asking all that. Those are the same questions I have. I will say the service team at Mindberry is awesome!
    08-25-09 11:14 PM
    I will say the service team at Mindberry is awesome!
    I hope I can say the same as I sent Mindberry an email as well, and have not heard back yet...
    08-26-09 08:36 PM
    can anyone help me:

i can't seem to ?import (not sure on terminology) tasks from native/outlook to slicktasks. right now it's showing me my "old" task list: the one i had before i sync'd with outlook. so now i have an updated list on my computer, whcih i synced with blackberry. my native BB app has the correct info but slicktasks does not. so i pressed the "slicktasks <-- native" option and though it shows itself syncing, the info (=old) is the same. any ideas? i'm very afraid to press the "slicktask --> native" button thinking it'll give me OLD tasks/erase new ones. any ideas or am i doing somehting wrong?
    08-31-09 05:27 PM
    Calender due dates now sync on new v1.0.2

09-02-09 01:25 AM
    Do categories sync with between Slicktasks and the native bb Tasks?
    10-02-09 09:32 AM
    does this sync with outlook on a regular basis or only when you first get it? thanks
    10-28-09 08:25 PM
    It does not sync with outlook. It does sync with your native task app and calendar which do sync with outlook.

10-28-09 08:41 PM
    the service team at Mindberry sucks.... PERIOD
    05-19-10 04:50 AM
    Can you only have one task-project? I'm used to maybe 20 projects, each with their own branches. I would have liked them totally seperate. A personal photography project needs no connection with a work training review project!
    Chris Bishop
    07-05-10 08:58 AM
    First, is there no help file for this app??? If there is one, can someone post a link. Barring that, here goes:

1. What is the difference between "todo list view" and the other view? What good is it if I have categories and can organize them, but can't do anything with it unless I change to the other view?

2. Why can't I indent, outdent, use my hot keys, etc in the to do list view?

3. Why does the sync menu disappear in to do list view? Shouldn't I be able to sync from anywhere?

4. Why when I sync, why do all the completed tasks get put back in from my blackberry tasks list? What is the proper way to manage syncing so that both the native app and SlickTasks have the same info?

5. How do I manage tasks and appointments properly? The "Got-2" app was the best I saw doing this, but it did not have outlining. All the tasks and appointments were basically presented in one user interface. I want something similar with SlickTasks, but can't figure out tips of using it to be productive.

6. The website screen shot for the app shows what appear to be colored task headings (they have a checkbox icon). This is how I want my screen to look. But my categories do not allow me to change color and they do not have a checkbox, they are only a plus or minus allowing me to expand and collapse them. Does this picture use some trick of making a regular item as a category and then allowing you to indent sub tasks under them? If so, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having categories??? Again, what is a "best practice" of using the features of the software to actually stay organized?

6. The website says that if you create a task as a "project", then it automatically computes the percent complete. I imagined this to be like Natara Bonsai (not for BB) or "My Life organized" which let you create sub tasks under a main task and as you mark each of those with a percent complete, the main task icon shows you the cumulative completion amount. In other words, 3 subtasks each 30% complete would be 90% complete for the task as a whole. There is no instruction as to how to make this work.

For such "simple" software, it is amazing how difficult is is to "use" without a help file. Thanks!
    12-28-10 12:04 PM
    i love slick tasks!
    06-27-11 02:17 PM
    Has anyone had any luck getting hold of the Slicktasks developer in the last few weeks? Been emailing for a new registration code but no luck
    02-01-12 01:15 PM
    It seems the only support is an email address at slicktasks.com. I downloaded the app and there is no "Settings" button. Without that I can't syc to anything. Only have Outline, Todo and Search. If anybody could tell me what I'm missing here it would be much appreciated. The complete lack of documentation makes this very difficult. Thanks Chuck.
    10-17-13 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD