Blackberry button and end call button are wigging out. Blackberry button doesn't bring up the side menu but it's acting like the end call button and goes back to the menu if I have anything open. And if I hold it, it turns off my phone, so the app switcher is impossible to get to. My end call button is doing the same thing, but sometimes brings up the side bar menu.

...uh wtf?

EDIT: My short cut key on the left is for music, but it's now locking the phone...LOL
    Last edited by Skeptix; 08-20-09 at 09:35 PM.
    08-20-09 09:32 PM
    Maybe you should bring your phone in to a Verizon store to get a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 09:38 PM
    Maybe you should bring your phone in to a Verizon store to get a replacement.

I've had my phone since January and it's been fine. I just woke up today and it was nuts.

[and yes I've battery pulled]
    08-20-09 09:39 PM
    Even after a battery pull it keeps doing the same thing?
    08-20-09 10:00 PM
    Sounds like a warranty issue. Take it to a store and get it replaced. Be sure to do a back up first.
    08-20-09 10:32 PM
    What I would do:Security wipe....no theme....official os....still got issues then its definitely a hardware problem.

08-20-09 10:35 PM
    Same b.s. happended to me...if a handheld wipe & restore don't fix it....you're just another victim of technology...call or go in for a replacement....I know, who wants a "certified like new device" uugh
    08-20-09 10:49 PM
    If you do a battery pull do a GOOD one. Do it for at least for 2 minutes.
    08-21-09 06:18 AM
    Same b.s. happended to me...if a handheld wipe & restore don't fix it....you're just another victim of technology...call or go in for a replacement....I know, who wants a "certified like new device" uugh
    I would if my phone was broken. I wouldn't expect a brand new phone under warranty, just one that works.
    08-21-09 07:43 AM
    This storm is about my 4th one, [I went through 3 in my first month, 1st one couldn't click and they continued to send me faulty phones]. Think it would be possible to just exchange [w/ cash] for a tour?

I'm just so fed up with the storm and its issues my head is going to start spinning soon. I've had to wipe my phone [7 months old] about 4-5 times already.
    Last edited by Skeptix; 08-21-09 at 06:47 PM.
    08-21-09 06:41 PM
    As to the left side key check Options>Screen/Keyboard>Left Side Convenience Key Opens:

I had some problems with a Theme I downloaded. Really messed things up.
    08-21-09 07:24 PM
    Are you using a non OEM charger? That could explain. If so STOP immediately and charge it with the charger it came with.
    08-21-09 07:28 PM
    As to the left side key check Options>Screen/Keyboard>Left Side Convenience Key Opens:

I had some problems with a Theme I downloaded. Really messed things up.

Checked it already.

Are you using a non OEM charger? That could explain. If so STOP immediately and charge it with the charger it came with.

Nope, it's the standard charger. I'm wiping it right now and putting .151 on.
    08-21-09 07:43 PM
    Mine did that once. A battery pull would only fix it for a day. After I did a wipe and reinstall everything was back to normal.
    08-21-09 07:48 PM
    Okay, I wiped and installed .151, and everything is still ridiculous messed up...

time to give good ol' Verizon a ring.
    08-21-09 08:56 PM
    Sounds like you just want a Tour. Lol.

08-21-09 10:57 PM
    Okay, I wiped and installed .151, and everything is still ridiculous messed up...

time to give good ol' Verizon a ring.
    Have you tried going back to .148?
    08-23-09 01:46 AM
    Sounds like you just want a Tour. Lol.

thats funny I was thinking the same thing
    08-23-09 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD