will they release it for tmobile?
    08-20-09 08:36 AM
    It's been speculated, but nobody knows.

Except people that do.
    08-20-09 08:49 AM
    thanks! blackberry touch screen is sleek
    08-20-09 08:53 AM
    Personally, I don't think T-Mobile will release the Storm 2. If they did then it would be with little, if any, advertising. T-Mobile is focused HEAVILY on Android so any Android device will be their main focus for the foreseeable future.

That being said, the lack of a GSM radio and SIM card slot is [theoretically] the only thing that would prevent the Storm 2 from being used with T-Mobile!
    08-20-09 10:22 AM
    The Storm 2 definitely has a SIM card slot and a GSM radio. The guy sitting next to me at work just got one in the mail, and he popped in his AT&T sim card, and it worked. Granted, this is a developer's model, but I doubt they would do away w/ the sim card slot and radio for production...
    08-20-09 11:41 AM
    The Storm 1 can be unlocked, so I assume the Storm 2 will be able to be unlocked. You must have the phone for 60 days before unlocking it and be in good standing. I am sure somewhere on the internet, unlocked phones will be for sale.
    08-20-09 02:31 PM
    Come on guys you know Tmobile will never get it!
    08-20-09 03:15 PM
    I highly doubt it, Verizon would get really pissed seeing how its going to be their flagship blackberry. There will be ways to unlock it and use it on either ATT or TMO but I doubt TMO would be offered it. If TMO was offered the S2, they would seriously consider it, but in the end **** off their fanbase by declining it and focusing on android
    08-20-09 03:25 PM
    That being said, the lack of a GSM radio and SIM card slot is [theoretically] the only thing that would prevent the Storm 2 from being used with T-Mobile!

Lol.....why would you say that? There are pictures all over here of the 9520 that has a GSM radio....

omghi2u thread that was obviously not read by this guy... I can haz GSM Radio?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...-183-a-297842/

some people continue to amaze me with their "matter of fact" posts that are completely wrong.
    Last edited by TallyHo; 08-20-09 at 03:42 PM.
    08-20-09 03:40 PM
    I stand corrected...the unit here doesn't support CDMA. I believe it's an Orange branded phone.
    08-24-09 12:57 PM
    is this one dual meaning both GSM and CDMA ?
    08-24-09 01:04 PM
    I'm doubting T-Mobile will get it. If you're a t-mobile subscriber what you'll likely have to do is get the GSM version (most likely AT&T hoepfully) and unlock it. Only problem with that is using it on T-mo, you'll be stuck with EDGE service only because of the difference between AT&T and T-mo's 3G service (they use difference frequencies). But you'll have use of Wi-Fi and possibly UMA since you're on T-Mo (if the software supports that)
    If I'm wrong on any of this please feel free to correct me
    08-24-09 04:23 PM
    I read the other day that two people (who have a solid track record of having correct BlackBerry information) have both said that a "touch screen" BlackBerry will be coming to T-Mobile, modeled after the Storm 2. It will be a slightly different device, probably to accommodate the different 3G frequency requirements.
    08-24-09 04:56 PM
    radio said that tmo will get a device with the storm 2 design.
    08-24-09 05:58 PM
    radio said that tmo will get a device with the storm 2 design.
    thats not good for me. 9700 and a device similar in design to storm 2? Im gonna have some kinda blackberry constructicon before the year is up.
    08-24-09 07:21 PM
    I'm doubting T-Mobile will get it. If you're a t-mobile subscriber what you'll likely have to do is get the GSM version (most likely AT&T hoepfully) and unlock it. Only problem with that is using it on T-mo, you'll be stuck with EDGE service only because of the difference between AT&T and T-mo's 3G service (they use difference frequencies). But you'll have use of Wi-Fi and possibly UMA since you're on T-Mo (if the software supports that)
    If I'm wrong on any of this please feel free to correct me
    Don't worry. You're not wrong.
    08-24-09 07:52 PM
    02-04-10 12:53 PM
    Would S2 work better on TMO in USA if an unlocked UK version 9520 was used instead of the US version 9550. I guess 3g would not work on either option? I travel frequently between US and UK/Europe swapping SIM's as I need to and a CDMA phone is as much use as . . . well it has no use anywhere but USA
    04-06-10 10:21 PM
    Apologies, think I got the model numbers the wrong way around!
    04-06-10 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD