Here is my first theme for the Tour.

It's pretty basic, but it is arranged for what I wanted and needed... Or didn't need in certain cases.

First, it has the Calender and SMS/MMS as "Today" style apps. The font for the app title and sub-entries have been enlarged to be readable to my old eyes. I have 2 sub-entries under the Calender, and 1 under the SMS/MMS. The increase in font size limits the amount of sub-entries. The black wire-line around the font also makes it picture background friendly (at least it has worked well for any of my favorite personal pictures as backgrounds so far... Your results may vary).

Second, I removed the profile icon from the header. I rarely change profile settings, and when I do it's easy enough to have the icon placed somewhere in the application screen.

Third, I made the font size of the time in the banner bigger (I believe I said something earlier about old eyes).

Fourth, (and this has accidentally resulted in a HUGE improvement in helping "the trackball problem" to my pleasant surprise) I have the movement from icon to icon to respond to "up and down" in addition to "left and right" trackball input. This has resulted in the trackball fluidly responding as any previous BB user would expect when moving through the icon selection on the home screen with a "up and down" motion of the trackball. It's not a real "fix" mind you, but it does seem to help my frustration level for now.

Here is a screen shot:

OTA Download Link for Calendar and SMS/MMS

OTA Download Link for Calendar and Messages

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Billmanvl; 08-23-09 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Added link for Calendar and Messages Option
    08-20-09 12:13 AM
    It looks very cool and I get the "old eyes" thing I appreciate large font. I will give it a try and let u know. Thanks from all the visually impaired.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 12:30 AM
    can you make another without the trackball correction... mine was better before this.

Thanks
    08-20-09 01:23 AM
    Will definitely check it out. Thx!
    08-20-09 06:58 AM
    I really like this theme. I like having the fonts stay the same. I was wondering that instead of the sms/mms on the today screen, can it be made with messeges instead. For me I would find it more useful. Great job!
    08-20-09 12:45 PM
    I really like this theme. I like having the fonts stay the same. I was wondering that instead of the sms/mms on the today screen, can it be made with messeges instead. For me I would find it more useful. Great job!
    YES please!
    08-20-09 11:19 PM
    Hi ! Love it, Love the bigger fonts!

Got a question though. On the Front Screen the Calendar with 2 entries shows up fine, but below it the Messages (? I assume) isn't working right. The icon is a grey square. It did say 3 Unread, but now they are gone. Should the word MESSAGES be there also?

I love the way the icons bounce when you scroll over them!

Elaine
    08-21-09 12:54 AM
    Here is a revised version with Calendar and Messages. I have it with 2 sub-entries under the Messages since that's all that will fit because of the font size. I am keeping the multiple direction icon choice through the trackball for the time being since it works nicely for me.

Billman Theme with Calendar and Messages OTA

I will also put the link in the original post.

As to the SMS/MMS disappearing... That is kind of a function of the either Plazmic or the way RIM/BB reads the SMS/MMS folder. Once you have accessed the folder (regardless if you have actually read the SMS/MMS's or not) the device removes the messages from the Today/Home screen. Unfortunately, changing that function is beyond my ability.
    08-23-09 06:35 PM
    Love the new message theme. I also go a surprise when I used my own picture for the wallpaper. You can actually see the picture when you bring up all the icons. That is too cool. Thanks for taking care of my suggestion. I think the only other thing I miss is the icon for setting the mode you phone is in (normal, silent, and so on).

Again I love the fonts being kept the same size. Thanks.
    08-25-09 05:44 PM
    Love, Love, Love this theme!! I can see it!

Thanks for looking out for the "Fortysomething" blackberry users.
    10-06-09 08:53 PM
    Is it possible to get this theme with Today plus style? SMS/MMS, Messages, Calls and Calendar? Please

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD