When I plug my Storm into my PC, the PC will not "see' the phone. My desk Top manager works fine. Any Ideads on what I might be doing wrong? I have Vista on my Desktop. Thanks in advance for any help.
    08-19-09 02:21 PM
    Here you go, man.

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.

1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).
    08-19-09 02:29 PM
    just to throw it out there because this is true too... your DM will always see your phone but the PC drivers may not be correctly installed, you might have done this during an install of a leaked OS or hybrid. to fix it, manually pull your battery, and when you put it back in, immediately plug it in and the drivers should load correctly.
    08-19-09 03:23 PM
    one thing i've noticed:

i have the "check for updates" on my DM disabled (it helps with loading unofficial software onto my device, so it won't check against the official carrier supported list, easier than disconnecting from internet to do an OS upgrade) and sometimes i have this issue

keep that feature enabled, and it will auto-look for drivers when you plug in, seems to resolve the issue for me, so now i have to disable internet to do OS upgrades to leaks/unofficial software...
    08-19-09 04:42 PM
    Thanks for the instructions and the link mikestorm. It worked perfectly!
    08-19-09 06:33 PM
    Mikestorm,

I have the same issue. I have gone to pinstack and signed up but I never get a activation email. And yes I checked my spam folder. Any suggestions? I even used the help email they provide and my message got returned as mailer domain not found. Can you help? Or do you have another idea? Thanks in advance
    08-19-09 06:50 PM
    All I did when it happened to me was I changed to a different usb port and it worked fine. Then I moved it back to were I usually plug it in and it worked fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 11:20 PM
    Here you go, man.

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.

1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).
    So i have registered w pinstack now what do i do exactly after clicking on the above link because Im not having any luck whatsoever!!! I cant even figure out how to unzip a file. Could you please help me this is driving me so crazy!!!! Thanks
    Last edited by ldlytee; 08-20-09 at 05:16 AM.
    08-20-09 05:13 AM
    Mikestorm,

I have the same issue. I have gone to pinstack and signed up but I never get a activation email. And yes I checked my spam folder. Any suggestions? I even used the help email they provide and my message got returned as mailer domain not found. Can you help? Or do you have another idea? Thanks in advance

I never got an email.I went directly to the sight and opened a new link to get it to work.
    08-20-09 05:25 AM
    So i have registered w pinstack now what do i do exactly after clicking on the above link because Im not having any luck whatsoever!!! I cant even figure out how to unzip a file. Could you please help me this is driving me so crazy!!!! Thanks
    You need to install a program to unzip the file. Don't use the link in this thread as it will not work. After you sign up you will need to go directly to the site and find the thread. If you do a search, it will come up.
    08-20-09 05:28 AM
    You need to install a program to unzip the file. Don't use the link in this thread as it will not work. After you sign up you will need to go directly to the site and find the thread. If you do a search, it will come up.
    so what do i do after i click on the link after searching for it in the pinstack threads?? Do I hit the save button?? Can u give me step by step instructions please im so lost right now!!!
    08-20-09 05:34 AM
    It sounds like you haven't even upacked the file yet.

Grab the file from pinstack and save the zip file to your desktop.

Then, go here: WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

Download the 32 or 64 bit flavor (depending on what PC OS you're running) and fully install the trial version and reboot PC.

Then double click on .rar WinRAR should open up.
    Click 'Extract To' (icon up top) and navigate to your desktop. Hit okay. This will create a standard folder on your desktop with the files unpacked.

Then, go up and follow my instructions from my original post.
    08-20-09 10:46 AM
    OMG! this actually worked!!!!! I really love u!!! You helped me out alot!!!
    08-20-09 02:20 PM
    No problem. You don't need the winrar software anymore (you just needed it to unpack the fix file), but I'd keep the software as it's handy to have.

Also, this fix should also addresses your music syncing issue from another thread.
    08-20-09 02:29 PM
    No problem. You don't need the winrar software anymore (you just needed it to unpack the fix file), but I'd keep the software as it's handy to have.

Also, this fix should also addresses your music syncing issue from another thread.
    08-20-09 02:49 PM
    Awww...you got me.

08-20-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD