Hey.. my phone's been fine, but just recently.. every so often when i send a SMS, when i click "SEND", the phone kinda freezes there for 2,3 seconds and then sends the message

anyone else experiencing this?

im doing the battery pull now
    08-19-09 10:42 AM
    ok are you serious? You're worried about the phone "freezing" for 3 seconds before sending a text message?

This really doesn't warrant a battery pull or anything else.
    08-19-09 10:55 AM
    What do you mean am i serious?

h3ll yea im serious.. its a expensive a$$ phone

i dont wanna wait 4 seconds everytime i send a text..

are YOU serious?
    08-19-09 10:56 AM
    to be clear.. im not saying it takes 3 seconds for it to deliver

i click send and the phone is stuck there for 3 seconds.. thats unacceptable
    08-19-09 11:00 AM
    Hey.. my phone's been fine, but just recently.. every so often when i send a SMS, when i click "SEND", the phone kinda freezes there for 2,3 seconds and then sends the message

anyone else experiencing this?

I'm doing the battery pull now
    I experienced that on my 1st & 2nd Tours out of the box.
    It drove me freaking nuts!
    08-19-09 11:00 AM
    Mine recently started doing that too. Except it ALSO lags when opening texts. It's really bothering me, actually
    08-19-09 11:15 AM
    i did a battery pull and its better... for now

OS update has potential to fix everything
    08-19-09 11:21 AM
    wow, I guess I have a higher threshold of pain for this kind of stuff. Maybe it's since I'm coming from a Pearl.
    08-19-09 12:07 PM
    I think it is an OS issue. I have had random freezing doing differnt things typing, opening apps etc.
    08-19-09 12:17 PM
    This happens to me too. LDubs, it has nothing to do with a 'threshold for pain.' My Pearl and my Curve didn't do this. My Storm didn't even do this. I get this less while running the hybrid OS, but it still annoys me.

This is the fastest phone I've ever had. It shouldn't be freezing while sending a text message. It's not that big of a deal, but I will be very happy when it's fixed.
    08-19-09 12:18 PM
    holy ****, my phone just started doing the same thing last night. it does irritate the **** outta me.
    08-19-09 12:20 PM
    I think it is an OS issue. I have had random freezing doing differnt things typing, opening apps etc.
    Same here.
    08-19-09 12:24 PM
    Mine recently started doing that too. Except it ALSO lags when opening texts. It's really bothering me, actually
    ditto. I didn't have the problem a week ago, but the last few days I have experienced this...very weird
    08-19-09 12:41 PM
    The only time this has happened to me is when I used a custom theme for a few days. Back to using stock theme and everything's fine.
    08-19-09 12:47 PM
    This may just be a networking issue as it only happens every so often

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 12:47 PM
    mine lagged for like 10 seconds after sending a message, it was pretty annoying...
    08-19-09 12:49 PM
    Every so often I get it..Nothing enough to annoy me now if it did it all the time then that's a different story
    08-19-09 01:02 PM
    ditto. I didn't have the problem a week ago, but the last few days I have experienced this...very weird

me too.. at least we're not alone
    08-19-09 01:05 PM
    Add me to the list. On sms and emails as well. It's definitely not right. I've never seen it happen on any of my other bbs. (Storm, Curves, 8700,etc...)
    08-19-09 01:07 PM
    I noticed it does it worse when I have a long history with someone. Are you guys texting people constantly, and have several hundred (or more, or less) texts attached to that name?

Wow. Mine's always done this to some extent though, and I lived with it. Unacceptable that your phone has to THINK and use its radio while everything else for 2 - 3 seconds?

Wow.
    08-19-09 01:08 PM
    Wow. Mine's always done this to some extent though, and I lived with it. Unacceptable that your phone has to THINK and use its radio while everything else for 2 - 3 seconds?

Wow.
    I cant tell if your being a smarta$$ or not

look.. if ur gonna come in here and say "u guys are a bunch of bltches for complaining about a 3 second freeze"

just stay out...

We pay a lot of money for a smooth phone... I've experienced the smoothness and now this freeze is happening

It is not in any way unacceptable to complain about this

wtf?
    08-19-09 01:23 PM
    I cant tell if your being a smarta$$ or not

look.. if ur gonna come in here and say "u guys are a bunch of bltches for complaining about a 3 second freeze"

just stay out...

We pay a lot of money for a smooth phone... I've experienced the smoothness and now this freeze is happening

It is not in any way unacceptable to complain about this

wtf?
    Actually, I was doing both. I was giving some help (again... HAVE YOU DELETED YOUR TEXTS AND E-MAILS (I capitalized so you could see the resemblance) as well as being a smart-***. Yes, we ALL spend a lot of money on these phones. But it's technology. The processor in that smart phone isn't QUITE as powerful as the one in your laptop, computer, or mainframe supercomputer. It's got to think about what it's going to do.

Do what I do. After you send a text, scratch your forehead. It feels so much better. And then it's ready to work after you're done.

Again, maybe it's because I'm on an 8330. But I still find it hilarious that people are complaining over a 3-second wait. You send 3,000 texts/month! 3 second lag time for EACH TEXT would be 2.5 hours. And that's not including the 30 seconds to send it.

Come on people. Let's be realistic.
    08-19-09 01:35 PM
    I heard about this being an OS issue - same kind of thing happened with a lot of 9530s I saw when they were released, but the problem vanished with the first software update after the release.
    08-19-09 01:42 PM
    I never said three seconds. I've had it lag for 15 to 20 seconds. I didn't time it but it's too long compared to what it should be. You can just tell it's a "freeze" more than "thinking." And I delete text and emails on the spot. Either file (I'm on BES) or delete. I never have more than a few texrs or emails on my phone at any given time. Ther's def an issue.
    08-19-09 01:46 PM
    it just started happening to me to. not really when i do just one text here and there. but if im avid texting someone. it will lag for a while. annoys the heck outta me..
    08-19-09 01:52 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD