Okay, got the tour ... need a case.

I've read through some previous threads, but I just wanted to start a new one to see if I get any different responses.

I have a tour, and am looking for some decent protection. Problem is, I also would really like to use a charging pod, perhaps the OEM one. Problem is, all the cases with good protection look impossible to take apart.

When I am at home or in the office, I wouldn't exactly mind if the case isnt on there. However, when I am out in the field, I would defintely like some good protection.

I really like the protection that the otterbox seems to offer, but it looks like, once it is on, it will stay on. How hard is it to take this case off? Is it convenient? Does it snap apart and resnap pretty easily?

The Seido Inocase II seems to get a lot of mentions for those who would like to use a charging pod. The bottom snaps off, correct?

I guess, what I am looking for is decent protection; one that is able to be taken off and on fairly easy, without damaging the case; or, alternatively, a case that can be used 'without' taking off the charging pod.

Thanks for the help!
    08-19-09 04:08 AM
    You're gonna get the same answer in this thread too. Innocase II, when its available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 05:04 AM
    Okay, got the tour ... need a case.

I've read through some previous threads, but I just wanted to start a new one to see if I get any different responses.

I have a tour, and am looking for some decent protection. Problem is, I also would really like to use a charging pod, perhaps the OEM one. Problem is, all the cases with good protection look impossible to take apart.

When I am at home or in the office, I wouldn't exactly mind if the case isnt on there. However, when I am out in the field, I would defintely like some good protection.

I really like the protection that the otterbox seems to offer, but it looks like, once it is on, it will stay on. How hard is it to take this case off? Is it convenient? Does it snap apart and resnap pretty easily?

The Seido Inocase II seems to get a lot of mentions for those who would like to use a charging pod. The bottom snaps off, correct?

I guess, what I am looking for is decent protection; one that is able to be taken off and on fairly easy, without damaging the case; or, alternatively, a case that can be used 'without' taking off the charging pod.

Thanks for the help!
    Same, Innocase II... I only have the OEM silicone skin with an invisible shield for full body protection. Silicone skin is easy to remove and put back on. You either sacrifice convenience and use the wall charger in the micro usb slot or take off the case and put it in the charging pod.

Though keep in mind, most plastic or hard cases will eventually scratch your bezel since they are not silicone if you keep taking it out or moving it due to the fact its plastic rubbing against plastic. My friend's BOLD has slight micro-scrathes all over the bezel due to him moving his innocase 360 or shifting it around too much.
    08-19-09 05:48 AM
    innocase II. Though i have the OEM silicone sleeve that i remove at night to charge. I just hope the innocase II comes out soon AND doesn't scratch it from removing it a lot
    08-19-09 06:59 AM
    Otterbox takes 3.2sec to remove if you have the time>>>>
    08-19-09 07:53 AM
    As they said above, the Innocase 2 will allow you to use a charging pod by removing the bottom of the case and leaving the top part on.
    All though at that point you are still taking the case off to use the charging pod.

With my Curve I was very happy with the Body Glove Snap Case. The one for the Tour doesn't include the attached screen protector but it is definitely more durable the a Seidio Innocase as I had both for my Curve and the innocase crakced after one minor drop. it did protect the phone though.
    I took my Body Glove case off everynight to charge it on the pod. At first it isn't easy to take off but it becomes easier over time. My Curve took many spills with that case on it and it still looks brand new and functions perfectly to this day.

I recently contacted Otter Box and inquired about the Commuter Case (falls in between the Defender and Impact cases.) Unfortunately it doesn't look like they will be comming out with one anytime soon for the Tour. Email Below....

I had asked if they will becoming out with the Commuter case for the Tour and if they are will it have a Holster available for it. Response below.

Update for Case #52913 - "Commuter for Tour"

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in our products. At this time we do not have a Commuter case for the BB Tour and I don't know if we will be making one. The Commuter style case does not come with a belt clop holster. If you are looking to have a holster, you will want to go with our Defender series case. I would say to keep an eye on our website, as it will have the most up to date information on our products and new cases.

Best regards,
    Ingrid LaMonte

Also, something I never tried but had heard a lot of people where doing was using the BodyGlove Snap Case for the thier Curve and pairing it with the Otter Box Holster for the Defender. Both will proabbly be available at the Verizon stores at some point and you may be able to see if the two are compatible for the Tour as well.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mkurz12; 08-19-09 at 08:44 AM.
    08-19-09 08:37 AM
    I like the look of the Innocase II. If I get my Tour anytime soon, I think I would get the Sapphire Blue or Black.

Will you folks get the screen guard (or some other one) to go with it?
    08-19-09 12:55 PM
    i'm pretty sure the incipio feather allows charging on the cradle while its on
    08-19-09 01:58 PM
    Silly newbie question as long as we're talking about charging....if you use the pod, does it automatically sync/backup for you?
    08-19-09 02:07 PM
    Silly newbie question as long as we're talking about charging....if you use the pod, does it automatically sync/backup for you?
    No. Pod is for charging only. You have to connect via the usb to sync.
    08-19-09 02:15 PM
    Otterbox takes 3.2sec to remove if you have the time>>>>
    The Impact one sure, the Defender ... yea right. The Otterbox Defender will be a pain to remove every time you want to charge your phone, just a friendly warning.
    08-23-09 03:34 PM
    If you're going to spend all that money on the InnocaseII you might as well go for the Seidio charging pod to go with it. That way you won't have to take the bottom off. You can probably scratch it taking it off or break a clip. IMO Seidio cases work best when you leave the phone in there as much as possible. Get a reboot program and don't do battery pulls too. Seidio stuff looks good, fits tight (no BSE though), costs a lot, but the cases are not made for maximum impact. They're made to be thin.
    08-23-09 03:46 PM
    ?..........

Assuming I go Curve for my first BB, and were to get a Innocase I (no II for the Curve)....

Any reason not to buy from the Amazon seller who is selling them for like $5 plus $4-ish for shipping, as opposed to $29+ from Seidio direct?

Are those legit? Are the Seidio cases ever counterfeited? I know, silly question, but seeing a case discounted that much.....perhaps since the phone is now 1 year+ old......
    08-24-09 01:30 PM
    I just got my Innocase II. AMAZING such a solid build and the bottom will slide off for the charging pod if u want.
    08-24-09 01:34 PM
    i'm pretty sure the incipio feather allows charging on the cradle while its on
    confirmation on this would be great.
    08-24-09 01:34 PM
    ?..........

Assuming I go Curve for my first BB, and were to get a Innocase I (no II for the Curve)....

Any reason not to buy from the Amazon seller who is selling them for like $5 plus $4-ish for shipping, as opposed to $29+ from Seidio direct?

Are those legit? Are the Seidio cases ever counterfeited? I know, silly question, but seeing a case discounted that much.....perhaps since the phone is now 1 year+ old......
    Quoting myself......

I am guessing the low prices are due to the Curve being an "older" model. Zenith Mobile, via Amazon, has the Surface case for $4.20 plus $2.89 for basic shipping. $5 for overnight shipping. Doesn't seem too bad at all. Amazon direct has the case for $7.20.

I have liked the sound of the Innocase Surface case, but not for the $29 price point on their website. But netting it for just over $7....great price point to try it and then not worry about scrapping it if I don't like it.

Question for Surface users......how red is the Burgandy and how bright is the blue? Are they gaudy or somewhat subtle?

I kind of like the Burgandy, at least from the pictures......
    08-25-09 09:46 AM
    I saw the Sapphire Blue on an iPhone and was surprised at how dark it appears comaped to the pictures on the website. It was very nice and sleek, and subtle at the same time.

Is the Burgandy darker than the pics in the same way?

I am thinking that I am in fact going Tour now given the price drop. So I would like to go Innocase II. The Burgandy has a nice Verizon flavor to it, but without having seen it in person, I am not sure. I did like the Blue a lot.
    08-27-09 07:24 AM
    Currently I have the clear case that Verizon sells and it is pretty bulky. Could anyone recommend a case that is slim and still offers good protection?
    08-27-09 07:33 AM
    just got the innocase 360 for tour! it is opened on the back where the phone has its contacts to connect with docking pod. no need to take off everytime.
    08-28-09 07:32 AM
    confirmation on this would be great.
    I just went to their site and it appears there are no cutouts for the charging pins. So you'd either have to cut holes in it or remove it.
    08-28-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD