found an alternative to vlingo in appworld called tellme.
    just downloading now so I will give a review soon.
    08-19-09 01:55 AM
    so far this app works better than vlingo. even for texting. also the interface is much nicer. give it a try
    08-19-09 01:59 AM
    I'm downloading now, will report back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 02:00 AM
    Unfortunately its not yet supported on the Tour

08-19-09 02:09 AM
    doesnt have the ablility to directly open certain websites like vlingo. when I used vlingo I would say "open crackberry" and the crackberry site would automatically open. no biggie, I still like the app better
    08-19-09 02:09 AM

that sux. I saw it in on the new web version of appworld and went to the developers site as I did not want to download appworld to get it. the developer site said it wasnt yet available for the storm even tho appworld said it was. I decided to take the plunge and download appworld on my phone to see if it indeed worked with the storm and was pleased to see that it does (through appworld).
    however through the dev site you can also download for the pearl 8130, the 8330 and the 8830.
    Last edited by denverdave11; 08-19-09 at 03:08 AM.
    08-19-09 02:14 AM
    Great find!
    Been waiting for this app's release for the Storm for quite some time now.
    It seems more user friendly than vlingo was.
    I'm sure that I'll be able to put it through it's paces, with my everyday hectic life.
    08-19-09 02:45 AM
    just downloaded and so far works sweet....
    08-19-09 05:56 AM

Well, you are in a Storm forum......
    08-19-09 08:02 AM
    Vlingo 3.0 is a paid app, but Vlingo 2.1 is still free. Technically, 2.1 is does not support the Storm, but it does work for me. I find 2.1 to be a good "alternative" to the paid version.

Vlingo 2.1 Download

08-19-09 08:38 AM
    Great find DenverDave11.... I just downloaded and will give a a run... infact have to do a bit of traveling today so will "Road Test It"
    08-19-09 08:56 AM
    Not too bad at all, works well and much smaller than Vlingo.
    It would be nice to be able to update facebook status, but not complaining at all.
    08-19-09 09:05 AM
    does this work on a verizon storm? cant find a link
    08-19-09 10:24 AM
    does this work on a verizon storm? cant find a link
    It does work on the Storm. Speech recognition is a bit quirky so I am still working the kinks out. Overall, not a bad app.
    Last edited by stormcenter; 08-27-09 at 06:31 AM.
    08-19-09 10:41 AM
    As far as the link goes, go to BB App World and search for "Tell Me beta". It is a free app so give it a try.
    08-19-09 10:44 AM
    As far as the link goes, go to BB App World and search for "Tell Me beta". It is a free app so give it a try.
    ok thanks was tryin to find a link other than appworld
    08-19-09 11:16 AM
    Great find!
    08-19-09 01:45 PM
    I can't see it on the bb appworld on my phone nor on the bb appworld website when searching under

Tell Me
    or
    Tell Me Beta

did they remove it or something?
    08-19-09 03:42 PM
    Tell me beta is what it is. Its kind of nice but still flawed. nice for calling someone. texting I dont like so much cause it gives no comfirmation that it was sent. Wish it would show up in my sms box.
    08-20-09 12:42 AM
    I can't see it on the bb appworld on my phone nor on the bb appworld website when searching under

Tell Me
    or
    Tell Me Beta

did they remove it or something?
    When I searched for Tell Me Beta, I had to scroll down through the list of items that came up in the search. I believe that it was close to the bottom of the search list. Good Luck. It is a handy little app to have. When you are driving, just say the name of the contact you are looking for and it will give you the option of calling, emailing, or texting that person. From there you can say your text or email and the app will translate it. Very Cool.
    08-20-09 06:19 AM
    OK as I said yesterday morning, downloaded it and gave it a test run yesterday as I did quite a bit of traveling.

I thought it worked great... the voice recognition is a bit quirky, but overall not too bad.
    The calling and texting part works great... only wish it would confirm that a text was sent, since I was driving I obviously couldn't keep my eyes on the phone.
    Searching for anything else can get a bit tricky... but I think that goes with any voice recognition... example: I would ask "Weather in Upland, California" I would get the weather in "Oakland, California"... LOL
    One of the main things that I loved was the fact that it is considerably smaller than Vlingo... and lord knows app memory is in high demand for us Storm users.

Overall I thought it was an excellent alternative to Vlingo... in fact I'll be sticking with this one.
    08-20-09 08:57 AM
    Downloading this now..will give my input later..
    08-20-09 11:38 AM
    I couldn't find it either... I noticed the other dude that couldnt find it was a Telus user as well. Are the apps in app world "Allowed to be viewed" by the carrier? If so it looks like Telus is hooping us again. But that doesnt seem likely.. Does it? Anyways, these were the ones I searched for in App World: Tell Me, tell me, Tell me, Tell Me Beta.. I dont know if the search is case sensitive, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Thanks for any help.
    08-20-09 02:08 PM
    Is there a way to download this app for 5.0 OS users? Since we're not able to download appworld.
    08-20-09 04:56 PM
    Impressive little app so far. Wonder if it's going to stay free or will there be a charge when it comes out of beta.
    08-20-09 06:40 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD