I recently setup my blogger account so that I could post blogs from my blackberry anytime I wanted. You will require the ability of sending emails from your BB in order to do this.

Go to your Blogger profile. Go to Settings --> Email

For "Mail-to-Blogger Address", the format of [email protected] will be given.

Fill the blank with a secret word or else anyone with that word will be able to post on your blogger account.

You have two options after. You can choose to publish the posts directly to your blog or have them saved as a draft so you can edit them before posting. Select whichever one you want and click on save settings.

Now just send an email from your BB to the email address and VOILA!

Helpful tip - If you choose the option of posting directly to your blog but would like to eliminate the signature that is sent with your blackberry emails, e.g. "Sent from my Blackberry device", after your email just type in "#end" and it will not appear.
    04-13-08 11:54 PM
    That's cool as long as you use blogger of course...personally for blogs I use wordpress though as I have more control over it...that also allows you to do mobile blogging fairly easy...you just set up a specific email address [email protected] you email that address it posts to your blog for you.
    04-13-08 11:57 PM
    That's cool as long as you use blogger of course...personally for blogs I use wordpress though as I have more control over it...that also allows you to do mobile blogging fairly easy...you just set up a specific email address [email protected] you email that address it posts to your blog for you.
    Sounds pretty good. Im assuming you would still have to make the email a not-so-obvious one to prevent others from blogging?
    04-14-08 12:07 AM
    Same type of deal with Tumblr.
    04-14-08 12:13 AM
    Do you mean wordpress.org or .com?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-08 03:33 AM
    Do you mean wordpress.org or .com?

I'm not sure as I dont use wordpress. Just PM Bla1ze and I'm sure he'll help you out.
    04-17-08 03:35 PM
    I use blogspot right now. I email my blogs to blogspot and if I need to edit a post I use Opera Mini. It works pretty good.

I have to get used to it because I am going to be away for a year and don't really have a choice not to use a computer.
    04-17-08 03:42 PM
    If anyone uses livejournal, the url is

livejournal.com/mobile
    04-27-08 04:06 AM
    hmm. i'm a vox user, and i can never seem to sign in when i try on opera. it sucks.
    05-18-08 10:41 PM
    I blog on Open Diary and can sign in and post easily on Opera Mini.
    05-19-08 08:09 PM
    Thanks, sim_plic_i_ty! I've been wondering whether this was possible with Blogger.
    05-20-08 10:06 PM
    TypePad (not free) just released a BlackBerry application. Doesn't support all the quick text features like auto-capitalization, auto-period at end of sentence, etc. You also cannot view or edit existing posts, only drafts. You can include photos if your BB has a camera.

It works, and it's fast.
    05-21-08 03:38 PM

hey do use wordpress.org on ur own domain?
    what about photos?
    does it pick up lines? like <br> or enter?
    05-25-08 06:58 PM
    I use blogspot right now. I email my blogs to blogspot and if I need to edit a post I use Opera Mini. It works pretty good.

I have to get used to it because I am going to be away for a year and don't really have a choice not to use a computer.

I mms my blogs to blogspot. I kept getting a failure when using an email address (thru my blackberry).

It posts right away to the blog. According to the site it will post pictures for you as well but the size limit is 250kb, any picture over that size will be rejected.

edit: I just mms'd a 160kb'ish picture with some verbage, it worked perfectly

edit2: I just mms'd a 576kb and it went up easily as well. I'll work with that lol

Last edited by danpass; 05-27-08 at 11:09 AM.
    05-27-08 10:47 AM
    how do i get my picture next to my name when posting a blog?
    06-04-08 11:07 AM
    I just got onto wordpress and want to know how you post your blogs using email. I have searched and searched all I found was a mobile page which is just as good I guess but wanted to do it through emails if you can give me a fw tips.

08-25-08 07:11 PM
    Sorry to rehash an old thread, but Typepad by SixApart has an amazing application for Facebook that allows you to publish to multiple blogs at the same time (blogger, livejournal, wordpress, tumblr and others) as well as update status at feeds like facebook, friendfeed, and twitter. No photo attachment for blogging as far as I can tell but if you know some simple markup then you will be able to post photos using links. I loved using this app called 'Blog It' from my PC and I actually had started posting almost all blog content from facebook because of it.

I read through this discussion a short time ago and thought about Blog It, and wondered if such an app existed for Blackberry.

Found out that Blog It is now available for Iphone as an online web app. I tried connecting with my Blackberry Bold but I just get re-routed to the main page displaying the different BlogIt apps. It Might be just a matter of time before there is a Blackberry version of Blog It web application.

I don't have Opera Mini on my blackberry. I may be misinterpreting some posts but as I understand it, Opera Mini emulates almost any browser. Does it do the Iphone Safari browser too? If it does, give Blog It for Iphone a try. Obviously you can find the link at TypePad website.

In the meantime maybe we can help speed up the process by having every Crackberry member send Typepad a note asking when BlogIt will become available to us Blackberry users.

Hey if anyone here knows of a similar app that posts multiple blogs, by all means let us know. I am very very sorry if this sounded like an advert for the aforementioned application, but seriously Blackberry needs something like this.
    Last edited by tedesco; 09-22-08 at 05:06 AM.
    09-22-08 05:02 AM
    Trying this, its not working for me
    03-13-09 04:34 PM
    Try Postulous. I love it. I use it for Twitter, Wordpress and Facebook.
    03-17-09 03:09 AM
    Thanks sim_plic_i_ty!

I was worried about how I was going to blog on my site!

If anyone wants to check it out its moslehchowdhury.blogspot.com

I'm a newbie here, so pardon me if I'm slow to catch up with any latest news
    06-21-09 08:43 AM
    If you send an MMS to go{AT}blogger.com, you will automatically begin the process of creating a blog and registering your phone # with it. Then, you can send MMS as blog posts where the filename of the photo is your title and the text message is your post content.

Old news to some, but I just set it up and I think it's very nifty. I'm taking a cross country trip this summer and wanted to blog about it without a cumbersome laptop.

inbuswetrust.blogspot.com
    06-21-09 09:14 AM
    thanks for this
    06-30-09 10:10 AM
    Soon there will be a wordpres client for blackberry... so i guess waiting a few more weeks is the best option...

i did want to try Postulous, but cant find anything with that name... anyone?
    07-04-09 06:50 AM
    BLOGGING TIP-

Use The "Bolt" Browser if you want to embed a Youtube Video in your blog.

I blog all the time using my email, but before I send it.

-Go to youtube and find the video on BOLT
    -You can click on the Embed link
    -Then You can edit, copy and paste the link
    -Paste link in your email you are sending to your blog

Wham!

Video posted on your blog
    07-12-09 12:10 PM
    nice info, thanks for this..will try this immediately after i get my BB
    08-04-09 04:58 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD