It seems when I talk to people they say I sound distant at times or my voice is muffled. I thought it was cause my mouth was away from the phone or something but when we attempted to recreate the situation it didn't work...it happens sporadically and has happened with each of the 3 storms I have had.

what's all the fuss about this new 151 os for the 9530? where can I get it?
    08-18-09 01:21 PM
    I had that problem until I realized that when I held the phone to talk, I had my little finger on the bottom of the phone and it often was covering the little microphone hole. Haven't had a complaint since I retrained myself to hold it differently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 01:30 PM
    not sure, but i've heard it happens with the phones assembled in mexico. not sure of a fix or web site i saw that on.
    08-18-09 02:06 PM
    not sure, but i've heard it happens with the phones assembled in mexico. not sure of a fix or web site i saw that on.
    Not true.

10char
    08-18-09 02:15 PM
    No differentiation between Mexican and Canadian phones. Back in November/December there were many conspiracy theories regarding this and a multitude of users responded to polls with their device's country of origin.

The results? Short of more phones being from Canada than Mexico, there was absolutely zero correlation between phone quality and country of origin.
    08-18-09 02:40 PM
    I had the same issue, but this resolved it:

1. Go to phone option
    2. Under Enhanced Audio, disable Automatic Volume Control

This helped for me...
    08-18-09 02:49 PM
    Hold the phone horizontally from your ear (not angled downward). That will put the microphone hole right next to your mouth.
    08-18-09 03:05 PM
    I had the same issue, but this resolved it:

1. Go to phone option
    2. Under Enhanced Audio, disable Automatic Volume Control

This helped for me...
    It was already disabled....but I will try to hold the phone and make sure I am not covering the hole...see what happenes...

has anybody else had this problem?

any word on the new os for vzw?
    08-18-09 05:11 PM
    if you re-enable enhanced audio then go back up to general options youll have an option to boost the treble in "enhanced handset call audio".
    08-18-09 06:34 PM
    I had this problem and it was completely fixed after I read on here to try *228 to reactivate (which BTW does NOT wipe your phone). So definitely give that a shot, worked for me

(on the off chance you don't know what that is, call *228 and option 1)
    08-18-09 07:47 PM
    I've had a few people tell me that I sound muffled and it is always when I shift the phone to my left ear. I switch it back to the right and they always say it sounds better...normal. I think it has to do with with the mic being on the bottom left of the device. When it is held to the right ear, the mic is closer to the mouth...depending on how you hold your phone.

08-18-09 08:32 PM
    I've had a few people tell me that I sound muffled and it is always when I shift the phone to my left ear. I switch it back to the right and they always say it sounds better...normal. I think it has to do with with the mic being on the bottom left of the device. When it is held to the right ear, the mic is closer to the mouth...depending on how you hold your phone.

I never thought about that...I wonder if people will think different if I have a blue tooth...
    08-19-09 12:24 PM
    funny, the responses that seem to help the most is "get your finger off the hole" and "hold the hole towards your mouth"....

meaning that 95% of all of the devices that come from mexico suffer from severe USER ERROR!!!
    08-19-09 05:04 PM
    funny, the responses that seem to help the most is "get your finger off the hole" and "hold the hole towards your mouth"....

!
    I've had the same experience. If you cover the hole you will be muffled. Simple really.
    08-19-09 05:21 PM
    Never had this prob with my Storm. I typically see this prob with many Tour owners.
    08-19-09 05:27 PM
    I had that problem until I realized that when I held the phone to talk, I had my little finger on the bottom of the phone and it often was covering the little microphone hole. Haven't had a complaint since I retrained myself to hold it differently.

Omg...I picked up my phone and put it to my ear...sure enough
    08-19-09 06:13 PM
    check for dust on the mic that's on top of the phone... on mine it gets blocked by dust & then the phone cant deal with the surrounding sounds properly...
    08-19-09 07:26 PM
    i have the same problem. getting a replacement tomorrow, but it doesnt sound like it will be fixed....
    08-19-09 07:49 PM
    I think 9 out of 10 times it's a "pinkie" problem, as others have said. Take note of the mic hole, make SURE your fingers do not block it.
    08-19-09 08:23 PM
    giggity...
    08-19-09 08:26 PM
    I have this problem too. How do you cover the hole with your pinkie? Mt pinkie typically rests on the other side of the bezel where the MIC is located
    08-19-09 09:03 PM
    my gf has a silicone skin thing from VZW on her phone, and its muffled. the hole isnt covered, but there is a noticeable difference when you have that thing on, and off. i have one on mine but have never had any complaints.
    08-20-09 01:51 AM
    my gf has a silicone skin thing from VZW on her phone, and its muffled. the hole isnt covered, but there is a noticeable difference when you have that thing on, and off. i have one on mine but have never had any complaints.
    I took a razor and made the hole a little larger
    08-20-09 06:27 AM
    I took a razor and made the hole a little larger
    You voided your warranty, BUT if you dont care about that, it's a pretty good idea.
    08-20-09 07:05 AM
    He's talking about making the hole bigger on the silicon cover :-)

08-20-09 07:10 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD