I was reading the front page blogs... looking into Adams Barcode blog at Scanlife... when I went to Scanlife's website I ran across a 9650 listing along with the 9630 that we all know and love..

Yeah I know all the rumors about the wifi packing Tour.. but hey at least this is another step in the right direction
    08-18-09 09:50 AM
    cool, nice find! This might be the mecca of all CDMA blackberries.
    08-18-09 11:33 AM
    anybody know if it will have the optical trackpad?!?!
    08-19-09 05:40 PM
    Just speculating but...

I would think that if anything other than Wifi was added that it would get a new name and device number.
    If it is a 9650 than I can't see it having anything other than Wifi added.
    Even just adding the Trackpad would call for a rebadging of the device, at least for the production model, I would think.

Being that it is going to be as long as it is until it comes out after the Tour release I wouldn't surprised if that's the case.

9750 maybe?

As much as I would like that I think I read somewhere that we won't be seeing one of them (CDMA Onyx) anytime soon if at all.
    08-20-09 11:20 AM
    Just speculating but...

I would think that if anything other than Wifi was added that it would get a new name and device number.
    If it is a 9650 than I can't see it having anything other than Wifi added.
    Even just adding the Trackpad would call for a rebadging of the device, at least for the production model, I would think.

Being that it is going to be as long as it is until it comes out after the Tour release I wouldn't surprised if that's the case.

9750 maybe?

As much as I would like that I think I read somewhere that we won't be seeing one of them (CDMA Onyx) anytime soon if at all.
    None of the numbers in the device number account for the trackpad/trackball so it wouldn't be out of the question to have it on the 9650, but I think they'll just leave the trackball on.
    08-20-09 03:16 PM
    None of the numbers in the device number account for the trackpad/trackball so it wouldn't be out of the question to have it on the 9650, but I think they'll just leave the trackball on.
    Sorry, I should have been more clear there. I understand that device model# has nothing to do with trackball vs trackpad. My thinking is that by adding Wifi, you turn the 9630 Tour into the 9650 Tour.
    If you add the track pad and wifi then you are creating a different device that would not be a 96**, it would be a 9*50.
    I guess since the 83**, 85** & 89** are all Curves they could make it a 9*50 and still call it a Tour but I don't think it'll be a 96** model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 03:44 PM
    I'm holding off for this guy. Zagg has it listed on their site as well.

Is this still rumored for an early '10 release?
    08-20-09 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD