Seriously which one is better? I just downloaded the new pandora which has great new features, but I sometimes get unexceptional error which forces me to restart the app. The new stereo sound on Pandora is great. I have not tried slacker so I would like to know the pros and cons from people that use both.
    08-18-09 02:18 AM
    Slacker installs on the sd card. Because of that I haven't tried anything else. Slacker works great.
    08-18-09 02:20 AM
    How do you do an sd install on slacker? sounds kinda nice.
    08-18-09 02:24 AM
    How do you do an sd install on slacker? sounds kinda nice.
    Just install it. I should refrain form what i said because I was not clear. It does install on the device memory but it uses the SD card to cache the stations which helps ease the ram use. Sorry.
    08-18-09 02:33 AM
    Slacker for the win. It chaches on the SD card which lets you listen to music without a data connection.
    08-18-09 06:51 AM
    Slacker installs on the sd card. Because of that I haven't tried anything else. Slacker works great.
    Just install it. I should refrain form what i said because I was not clear. It does install on the device memory but it uses the SD card to cache the stations which helps ease the ram use. Sorry.
    Yes apps are installed on the device memory always.
    08-18-09 10:32 AM
    I have only used slacker. I was a fan before I was a blackberry owner via my desktop computer. LOVE sending slacker through my vehicle's killer stereo system via Bluetooth and the MotorokrT505. Incoming calls pause the music while I take the call. End the call and music resumes where it paused. BIG FAN
    08-18-09 10:42 AM
    Yes apps are installed on the device memory always.
    Yes all apps install on the device. Slacker does install on the SD card in addition to the device and utilizes the SD card.
    08-18-09 10:53 AM
    Yes all apps install on the device. Slacker does install on the SD card in addition to the device and utilizes the SD card.
    No, sorry it does not install on the SD card. It might use the SD card for swap space and storage for some of its files but it does not install there.
    08-18-09 11:34 AM
    No, sorry it does not install on the SD card. It might use the SD card for swap space and storage for some of its files but it does not install there.
    It has to install in the SD card so it can use it. It may not be the program installed on the device, but if you open desktop manager, you will see it INSTALLED on the SD card.
    08-18-09 11:36 AM
    It has to install in the SD card so it can use it. It may not be the program installed on the device, but if you open desktop manager, you will see it INSTALLED on the SD card.
    The program you are talking about is not slacker, it is a caching program that Slacker uses so that users can have their stations stored for a later time when they are not connected to their data plan (or otherwise do not want to use data) but still want to listen to their music. This program runs on the computer, not on the device. Applications can not be stored on the SD card and run on the Blackberry. This would be a huge security hole and Blackberry is a very secure device. Furthermore, the file you are talking about is an "exe" file and these can not be run with a Blackberry.

If you want to find out more information, read this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/war...pandora-224652
    08-18-09 11:43 AM
    I really like the pandora app but it sounds like crap coming from my phone, even when hooked up to headphones or external speakers.
    08-18-09 12:54 PM
    BIG fan of Slacker. I was a die hard Pandora lover until I got a Slacker Plus subscription and I can't tear myself away from it. In all fairness I haven't tried the newest version of Pandora so I suppose I should try the new Pandora out and get back to you on this one...
    08-18-09 01:11 PM
    Which is used for when you cache the music to the SD card so that way you can listen your music from Slacker if you do not have a Radio signal. or want to opt out of using your Radio for the music. applications do not install the core application to the micro SD - all applications run from the devices general RAM/ROM memory.
    08-18-09 01:19 PM
    Huge Slacker fan... caching wins...
    08-18-09 01:21 PM
    Where to get slacker ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 02:16 PM
    go to wap.crackberry.com > free applications and look for slacker radio's link.
    08-18-09 02:59 PM
    It depends on what service you prefer. I tried Slacker out and I didn't like it very much. I had it when I had an 8320 and it slowed the device to a crawl. Pandora was much better and it's also not a fat slob of an app. 300 kb vs. 1.5 MB. Some people really like the caching of stations but I don't really care much for it on Slacker.
    08-18-09 04:07 PM
    Another fan of Slacker. Sounds much better to me then even the newest Pandora. And the station cache is the best.
    08-18-09 04:32 PM
    Big Huge Fan Of Pandora!

08-18-09 06:03 PM
    Slacker fan. I was sold on the caching alone. The sound is very crisp, too.

08-18-09 06:31 PM
    HUGE pandora fan
    08-19-09 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD