In advanced options, I opened up applications and found that google maps was in bold, and it was the only application that was in bold. I thought maybe it was because it was in use, so I shut it down and it was still bolded text.

What is the reason for this? Thanks guys!
    08-18-09 01:49 AM
    Bold text apps in the list indicates that the permissions are set to something other than default.

Highlight the app, press Menu, Edit Permissions and change all to Default. Save.

Then it won't be in Bold. But it isn't necessary and is no big deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xliderider; 08-18-09 at 02:02 AM.
    08-18-09 01:59 AM
    In advanced options, I opened up applications and found that google maps was in bold, and it was the only application that was in bold. I thought maybe it was because it was in use, so I shut it down and it was still bolded text.

What is the reason for this? Thanks guys!
    It has to do with permissions i believe. Been posted before and I came across the thread that was explaining it. If you search Im sure it will come up with a better explanation. Also out of curiosity, you have a Tour yet posted in the 83xx forums?
    08-18-09 02:01 AM
    Thanks guys.

Well funny thing is that I was going to go pick up a tour and found that I wasn't eligible for my 2yr upgrade yet (1 more month) so my friend let me borrow his curve for a month!

Thanks again!
    08-18-09 02:30 AM
    Have you called CS? Sometimes they will let you upgrade early if you are within 1 month of your upgrade date.

Also, on Verizon, you know you can upgrade at 20 months on a 2 year plan, right?

Last edited by xliderider; 08-18-09 at 02:39 AM.
    08-18-09 02:35 AM
    Yeah, you can upgrade in about 20 months or so with Verizon.

08-18-09 08:10 AM
    Yup, I'm well aware. I've been to 3 different verizon stores, none of which would let me upgrade 4 weeks early.

Thanks again for the help.
    08-18-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD