I have noticed that all smartphones are coming packed with various features and programs and some of them I never use or rarely use. It is interesting becuase when you buy the device from the store, the salesman touts all of the phones capabilities and we listen in awe. We buy the phone and proceed to only texting, phone calls, light web browsing, and maybe GPS. Capabilities like geotagging, voice dialing, taking videos, and changing themes ae things I rarely do. What are some of the features or programs that came with your BB that you rarely or never use?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 09:03 PM
    I prob use the games the least I cant even tell you what games I have
    08-17-09 09:08 PM
    I prob use the games the least I cant even tell you what games I have
    I forgot about those. I used to play brick breaker then I moved to word mole (which is a really cool game by the way) but haven't played any of the games in months.

08-17-09 09:20 PM
    Games? Does BlackBerry do games? Is it as good as PSP? If not, why bother?
    08-17-09 09:22 PM
    Some of the things that came on my fone that I never will use are :
    Passwordkeeper
    .help,brickbreaker,documents to go,and a few others I forgot them all. Lol. But I went ahead and removed those even so took it another step

08-17-09 09:33 PM
    I have a ton of apps on my Bold that I have never and probably will never use. These apps came with the OS and I wish I could get them off - but if they have to stay - it's no biggy with me...

Here's my list of unused/unwanted apps/features...XM Radio - AT&T navigator - Search - Games - mediaNet - AT&T Mall - Music ID - Yellow Pages Mobile - PacMan - Scrabble - Tetris - Music videos - Mobi TV - Make-Ur_Tones - Brain challenge - TwitterBerry - Community - Cv - Shop Music -My Cast Weather - and Visual Voice Mail.

I think that AT&T should set it up so that those apps/features will just delete themselves from your phone after about 6 months if you don't subscribe to them.

Peace...
    08-17-09 09:42 PM
    Some of the things that came on my fone that I never will use are :
    Passwordkeeper
    .help,brickbreaker,documents to go,and a few others I forgot them all. Lol. But I went ahead and removed those even so took it another step

Hey - you removed them? Cool! So now I know that I just need to take the time to remove all of mine. Whoo-Hooo! Imma have me some freed up app memory now!

Peace...
    08-17-09 09:45 PM
    BrickBreaker. I still can't believe people keep this for more
    than a day.

Media Player. everything it does, it does horridly.

Text Messaging. The flat out dumbest way to communicate. EVER!!
    08-17-09 09:49 PM
    OG PIN messaging.
    08-18-09 12:22 AM
    Removed the games and voice dial from my tour. Haven't used the GPS in weeks.
    08-18-09 12:29 AM
    OG PIN messaging.
    Oh LAWD YES!! How could I have forgotten that.
    08-18-09 12:30 AM
    Hey - you removed them? Cool! So now I know that I just need to take the time to remove all of mine. Whoo-Hooo! Imma have me some freed up app memory now!

Peace...
    Yeah I removed them by going to the options icon>advanced options>applications>and let it build the list and removed what I did not use that way.Since I did not use them ha why keep them and if I change my mind I can get them back or reload a old backup before I removed them .
    08-18-09 04:57 AM
    I didn't think that you could remove the help I have anywhere between 30MB and 35MB. If I took out Word Mole, Password Keeper, and help do you think it would increase much? Also, where could I get them back from if I decided I wanted them?
    Last edited by ekyle125; 08-18-09 at 05:42 AM.
    08-18-09 05:38 AM
    Voice Dialing- I truly hate it
    Search- useless
    Password Keeper- dont use PWs
    Help- Dont need need help
    Setup Wizard- The use of this after the first time is beyond me
    Pocket Express- useless
    AIM- dont use this messenger client
    08-18-09 10:10 AM
    I have a whole folder in my BB called useless and its has: saved messages, compose, voice dialing, search, help, &tasks.
    08-18-09 10:16 AM
    BBM/Games/Voice Dialing are things I pretty much never use. Except brick breaker... that is good for a long bus ride.
    08-18-09 10:18 AM
    All of the AT&T included stuff is useless, as are the games. I never tried the games, even on the first day I got my BB.

I never use password keeper, voice dialing, or PIN messaging either.
    08-18-09 10:26 AM
    I don't like any video games. I wouldn't even want a PSP, XBOX, OR Wii.
    08-18-09 10:28 AM
    I have a ton of apps on my Bold that I have never nad probably will never use. These apps came with the OS and I wish I could get them off - but if they have to stay - it's no biggy with me...

Here's my list of unused/unwanted apps/features...XM Radio - AT&T navigator - Search - Games - mediaNet - AT&T Mall - Music ID - Yellow Pages Mobile - PacMan - Scrabble - Tetris - Music videos - Mobi TV - Make-Ur_Tones - Brain challenge - TwitterBerry - Community - Cv - Shop Music -My Cast Weather - and Visual Voice Mail.

I think that AT&T should set it up so that those apps/features will just delete themselves from your phone after about 6 months if you don't subscribe to them.

Peace...
    I made a folder for those and then hid them all.
    08-18-09 10:31 AM
    How about I mention what I actually use on the phone... that would be easier.

• Phone
    • Email
    • AT&T Navigator
    08-18-09 10:35 AM
    Because not everybody has a PSP/Or they don't carry it with them everywhere they go. I like to kill time just fooling around with a game here and there.
    08-18-09 11:09 AM
    i dont use **** it came with except navigation. like the music store and hanmark and **** i never use or games i really dont play games
    08-18-09 11:19 AM
    You know what device i don't use anymore... The touch screen
    08-18-09 11:20 AM
    Voice Dial(it never works so I use Vlingo instead)
    Docs To Go
    Music ID
    XM Radio
    AT&T Navigator
    PIN Messages
    08-18-09 11:27 AM
    I don't use any of the pre-packaged AT&T crap. PW keeper, help, voice notes recorder, AT&T Navigator are others.

The only way my young'ns can touch the phone is if playing brick breaker so it stays...lol
    08-18-09 11:31 AM
239 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD