Since Yesterday and early today my sent messages were not being 'received' on the other parties end... It is beyond frustrating because I'm not certain if it is their phone or mine
    Has this happened to anyone else' incoming/outgoing SMS messages for the past few days
    08-17-09 08:42 PM
    Who is the other party with? My boyfriend (with Rogers) sent me a text message yesterday around 5:30 and it came through at around 9:30 last night. Every once in a while such problems seem to pop up and it's usually a problem between Rogers and Telus devices or Rogers and Bell devices.
    08-17-09 11:45 PM
    No issues with my Storm on Telus - most of my texts are with someone on Fido's network.
    08-18-09 10:35 AM
    Remember Tim McLeans horrible death?

He sent a text message to his ex....she received it AFTER she found out he had died....
    08-18-09 10:45 PM
    My daughter has been complaining about SMS problems since Aug 17th. Some people not getting her messages and she isn't getting all the messages sent to her.
    08-19-09 07:49 AM
    Yeah, it is a problem with the Telus network - my gosh, is this ever annoying... I would send international texts; some of them would get it, some wouldn't... then I tried sending to my sister who lives in the same house as me, she wasn't getting mine... But it seems like Telus has resolved most of the issue with SMS
    08-19-09 08:13 PM
    Since sunday i have been missing txts on the receiving end not cool Telus
    08-20-09 09:04 AM
    Since Yesterday and early today my sent messages were not being 'received' on the other parties end... It is beyond frustrating because I'm not certain if it is their phone or mine
    Has this happened to anyone else' incoming/outgoing SMS messages for the past few days
    I've had these problems for the last week. I thought I was the only one and that my phone was busted.

I hate it when this happens. Things are often planned and updated up to the minute on text.

I hate paying for something that doesn't work correctly.
    08-21-09 04:26 PM
    Hi everybody, it's the first thime i post on this forum and i also got problems with SMS. I'm with Rogers and my wife is with Telus. Both of us got BB. Sometimes, she does not receive my messages most of the time when it's more than 1 and a half "rogers" SMS message (like 160-200 caracters), Telus told her that Telus SMS are only 120 car. instead of 160 car. on GSM networks. I receive every message that she send to me. When i type accents (i'm canadian french BTW(QU�BEC)), she receives "y" instead of �, �, �, �, �, �... it's annoying but she's now used to. Sometimes, she receives many part of messages, in the wrong order or only a blank message... The most anoying thing that i ever seen happened yesterday night, i wrote her several SMS as usual but she received it 3-4-5 times. like the last message sent at 20h09, she received it first immediately, and again 10 mins. later and again, at 1h40 in the night when i was asleep with her... damn Telus. The worst in that it's that when i had my Rogers Sony Ericsson, i don't think we had this kind of problems. Maybe it's a problem between BBs from different carriers? I can't use PIN messages, wich works very very very well because Telus charges her 1$ each SMS received or sent so it's too expensive for the common "Dear, can you bring some milk and eggs please" with the following normal answers "Yes dear, anything else?" - "No thanks" 3 BUCKS SURCHARGE FOR A DOZEN OF EGGS AND A PINT OF MILK!!! I called Rogers and they told me that there is no errors on there network with my SMS, every SMS were delivered to Telus network. He also told me that changing my 7 years old SIM card may resolve the problem but he's not sure and i dont have any on hand right now. I also saw my coworker's sending messages with her iPhone 3G to Telus BB or other maker and they did'nt received it either. I never saw this problem between my BB and my Rogers friend's iPhone or my cousin Sony Ericsson.... I hope all this can help somebody find the answer to our hedaches. Thanks
    10-22-09 07:41 AM
    I've been receiving TONS of duplicate texts over the past week... I don't have unlimited texting so I hope Telus isn't charging me for all the duplicates.
    10-22-09 03:37 PM
    ppl arent receiving my txts either. storm 9530

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 04:08 PM
    I think we're stuck with a serious problem. And Telus dosen't talk about it when my wife told them. I'll call them tonight by myself. At first i really tought that it was my Rogers BB so i tryed many settings... Damn Telus
    10-23-09 07:44 AM
    Same. Problem past couple days. Ill get the same text 3-5 times and all at different times. Maybe some hiccups with the new network transition?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 08:44 AM
    Spoke to Telus last night about the multiple texts and not being received and how conversations via text are all messed up and a waste of time. They explained there were issues on Wednesday with the servers and they were still working through the issues. Most of them were fixed.

He said he fixed my issues by making changes on the network, so no idea what that meant.....

For me it was happening on my Storm to Rogers, but not my 8830 to Rogers, so I thought it was a phone thing,
    10-23-09 09:50 AM
    This is still happening to me

Is anyone else still having this problem, or know how to fix it?
    11-24-09 02:27 PM
    This is still happening to me

Is anyone else still having this problem, or know how to fix it?
    I wasn't having problems for a few weeks, but it's back again for me I started getting duplicate texts again over the weekend. Not too sure if I haven't been receiving all my texts though - I might call Telus and see if they can push them through if there are any sitting there
    11-24-09 04:48 PM
    i havent been able to receive any txt messages since friday (20th). i have a Hero

I called Telus on friday morning, they said they would try and isolate the problem. I switched phones friday afternoon (burnt pixel issue) and i still had the sms issue with the new phone. Called Telus again, they said it was something with the network and it was being looked into. Called this sunday and was basically told to stfu. Engineers don't work on weekends. Strange.. network is active 24/7.. anyways.. its tuesday night.. still nothing..

Awsome.
    Last edited by kriEv; 11-24-09 at 08:12 PM.
    11-24-09 08:10 PM
    ...anyone...know how to fix it?
    Yes, upgrade to the 9700 Bold!! New network is AWESOME! I'm so satisfied with it!!!
    11-24-09 10:51 PM
    Guys this problem has been happening for YEARS!!!! Telus can't get it's act together to get this fixed once and for all.

Perhaps with the new HSPA network and it's differences from the CDMA network, things will get better but for sure those on CDMA can EXPECT this to happen AT LEAST once.

It's not a Rogers problem! Someone from Bell or telus can send an sms to a telus customer and the telus customer still won't receive it.
    11-28-09 08:25 AM
    My texts are delivered to and from my 9700 instantly every time now that I'm not on the horrible CDMA network. Honestly, if you can afford it then switch. It's just a better network in every possible way, period.
    11-29-09 10:26 PM
    Hilarious..

This SMS problem happened to me on the NEW network.. i was 7 days without sms service.

Its been fixed now.. however i get 'Forbidden' errors on my browser from time to time.

Anyways, this new network is good, but still has its share of issues.
    11-30-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD