Hey Devs,

I am not sure what language is used for BB Apps and am not much of a programmer but I would love a nice beer tasting notes apps.

If you are a dev and want to discuss possibility of developing together and some sort of partnership let me know.

-Seth
    08-17-09 08:36 PM
    Seth,

What kind of features/functions do you want this app to do? If you just want to jot down notes, couldn't you use one of the existing apps?

fbrimm
    08-18-09 08:16 AM
    I want to make it easier to use then doing a spreadsheet which I use at home. Basically a form to enter information into that will then put it on to a spreadsheet. I was also think it could have a couple of reference feature for pairing suggestion and recommended glass style for the beer.
    08-18-09 08:20 AM
    Creating spreadsheet documents on the BB via code would be a challenge.

Sounds like a good candidate for a web app? At least you could allow the data to be exported to a spreadsheet fairly easily.

Are you planning on connecting to a backend server, or do you want it to be completely standalone on the BB?
    08-18-09 04:18 PM
    Was thinking standalone type app, that could then export somehow to a users computer.

Maybe the trick is creating an excel spreadsheet and finding a way to create a form for input into excel.
    08-18-09 04:20 PM
    I know this thread is over a year old now but has anyone made an app like this for the BB yet? I know there is one for the Droid phones. He scans the barcode or inputs the name of the beer and then rates it on a star system and can leave comments about the beer as well. I am trying to get ahold of him to get the name of the app and the developer to help understand what I want.
    09-02-10 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD