Can somebody who has the Tour and a BMW with the NEW version of the iDrive confirm that the Tour does pair and transfer contacts? Thank you very much.
    08-17-09 07:47 PM
    My 535 iDrive crapped out yesterday. Called the SA and he said the VZW Tour is not on BMW's list of phones that will work with the car. Same goes for the VZW Curve. I thought that was the stupidest thing in the world, not being able to use the communications option on a $70K car, and asked for some kind of resolution. BTW, the iDrive software was recently updated. Prior to that, the phone worked perfectly.

Now, when the bluetooth connects, the radio switches off and the communications menu comes up, and it looks like a call is being made, complete with the timer turning on. On top of that, when you turn off the car and lock it up, the iDrive is still on.
    08-19-09 01:07 PM
    My 535 iDrive crapped out yesterday. Called the SA and he said the VZW Tour is not on BMW's list of phones that will work with the car. Same goes for the VZW Curve. I thought that was the stupidest thing in the world, not being able to use the communications option on a $70K car, and asked for some kind of resolution. BTW, the iDrive software was recently updated. Prior to that, the phone worked perfectly.

Now, when the bluetooth connects, the radio switches off and the communications menu comes up, and it looks like a call is being made, complete with the timer turning on. On top of that, when you turn off the car and lock it up, the iDrive is still on.
    I'm having the same problem in my 08 335i. Have you found or heard of a fix? Quite annoying. Thanks.
    08-19-09 02:13 PM
    No problem pairing the Tour with my 2009 335xi. It was done in about 15 seconds.
    08-19-09 02:24 PM
    my maybach and bugatti veyron sync well too. some problems with the bentley gtc for some reason, and mclaren f1 because it doesnt come with a radio. oh well.
    08-19-09 06:01 PM
    my maybach and bugatti veyron sync well too. some problems with the bentley gtc for some reason, and mclaren f1 because it doesnt come with a radio. oh well.
    Bwahahaha.
    08-19-09 06:15 PM
    535 is 70k? wow.

anyway i went through 4 curves tryin to pair with my 08 335, it would freeze and drop calls anytime i recieved an sms or email.

Verizon gave me the tour because of this problem and it works flawless.
    08-19-09 06:56 PM
    Its not a joke really... My Bentley, which uses the BMW NAV doesn't work well with my Tour either. I'm sure it can be fixed though
    08-19-09 07:03 PM
    My Pinto works flawless with mine!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 09:04 PM
    i wonder if someone forgot to pay bmw for the "compatability"
    08-19-09 09:21 PM
    For all of us with problems pairing or phantom calls, do this:

CALL YOUR SERVICE ADVISOR AND COMPLAIN!!

BMW has 8 authorized phones listed under Verizon. Of those 8, 4 are obsolete models. The only BB is the old Pearl.

I think this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Not having 25% functionality in the iDrive just because BMW can't figure out how to pair a BB Tour or any BB other than the obsolete Pearl?

When I brought this up to the SA at Crevier, he had the balls to send me to the BMW customer service line. So his solution to this issue is to hand it off to a call center? This is the kind of service they want us to grade them all "5's" on? After explaining to him that this was not my problem, but OUR problem, and then coaxing more information out of him, this is what I got.

Twice a month, a BMW regional field service engineer visits with the shop foreman. In the case of Crevier, the shop foreman's name is Tom Mato. During these semi-monthly meetings, they go over problems that the dealer is experiencing with cars brought in for service.

I asked my SA to bring this issue up with the field service engineer and he said he would.

As a community, we have to bring these issues to the forefront. If BMW prides themselves on cutting edge technology in their cars, this is not an example of that technology.
    09-01-09 01:27 PM
    535 is 70k? wow.
    Crazy, huh? Those options add up, including the Aero Package, which the 550 has as part of the Sports Pkg, but not the 535.
    09-01-09 01:29 PM
    Guys,

The 5-series does not use the latest version of Idrive. The 5-series uses the CCC CPU and software. The latest version of Idrive (which I think the OP means by 2009) uses the CIC computer. The CIC computer was in the 2009 3-series, 1-series, and the X5 but NOT the 5-series.

I have a 2009 328i with the latest version of Idrive. The Tour works flawlessly with it in most regards, as does every Blackberry I know of. The main issue I'm having is the bluetooth volume problem discussed endlessly on this forum. But, that is NOT a BMW issue because I have the same problems with my Motorola bluetooth headset.

The new gen 5-series does have CIC, btw.

Kilgore
    09-01-09 01:56 PM
    just buy american made cars, that way you wont have to worry about things not working with the Phone
    09-01-09 02:22 PM
    Paired fine with my 05 545i
    09-01-09 02:59 PM
    BMWNA confirms that the BB Tour will not synch with iDrive for the '08 5 series. In fact, the only BB that is on the BMW approved list is the gen 1 Pearl.

They also said that their software engineers are working with BB to make the phones compatible and they'll be adding more phones. No ETA on the Tour, but I have a contact at BMWNA that I'm working with.
    09-22-09 10:33 AM
    Have had no problems connecting my tour to my 09 bmw, it also worked just fine with my 07 before i sold it.. at first it didnt want to pair with the 09 but then out of no where it worked and as worked ever since.. been about a month or so
    09-22-09 11:17 AM
    bwaahahahah.. time to get a lexus kids. My IS-F pairs fine !
    09-22-09 11:33 AM
    It will pair every time, but if it's not on BMW's approved list, the synch with the iDrive (to include contacts) will be inconsistent.

The Tour synch'd fine before I brought the car in for service and they updated the iDrive with the latest software revision.

If you call BMWNA, they will tell you that the Tour is NOT an approved phone.
    09-22-09 11:35 AM
    Pairs fine with my 05 525i too. Stays paired and also if I get out and back in it doesn't disconncet like with my curve.
    09-22-09 11:51 AM
    2010 535i here with the latest idrive and no issues connecting and transferring all contacts to the car. Only problems I have is the other party not being able to hear me.
    Crazy, huh? Those options add up, including the Aero Package, which the 550 has as part of the Sports Pkg, but not the 535.
    2010's 535i have the M-Sport which comes with the aero kits included.
    09-22-09 11:52 AM
    Both mine and my wifes Tours connect perfectly to our BMW's. She has an X5 (08), and my M5 (07). Both vehicles have been serviced in the last 90 or so days, so I'm sure they're running the newest version.

I purchased both cars new, and both have synced flawlessly with BlackBerry's since day 1. Our BMW's before these ones worked well too.

09-22-09 01:57 PM
    Maybe the OP is talking about the 7 Series iDrive? My next door neighbor just got the new 750 and that iDrive is completely different than mine.

09-22-09 02:00 PM
    Maybe the OP is talking about the 7 Series iDrive? My next door neighbor just got the new 750 and that iDrive is completely different than mine.

It works just fine on the 7 series. I have the new 750li and have no problems
    09-22-09 02:06 PM

2010 5 series has the new idrive as well.
    09-22-09 02:37 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD