hey

iv had a storm since jan and im not sure if i turned something off when i first got it but i never get notifications on my facebook app and im always logged in also i jus got given a brand new storm from voda after a insurance claim and it still doesnt work.. iv gone on the actual website and clicked "blackberry for smartphones" in the accoutn settings section and had it clicked so it should be working and tried to unclick and select it again but still getting no joy... i asked in the vodafone shop today but they couldnt help me... doesn anyone have any suggestions ?

thanks
    08-17-09 04:31 PM
    hey

iv had a storm since jan and im not sure if i turned something off when i first got it but i never get notifications on my facebook app and im always logged in also i jus got given a brand new storm from voda after a insurance claim and it still doesnt work.. iv gone on the actual website and clicked "blackberry for smartphones" in the accoutn settings section and had it clicked so it should be working and tried to unclick and select it again but still getting no joy... i asked in the vodafone shop today but they couldnt help me... doesn anyone have any suggestions ?

thanks
    Try a battery pull. If that doesn't work delete and reinstall the app.
    08-17-09 04:32 PM
    ok ill give it a go cheers
    08-17-09 04:33 PM
    altho since owning the phone iv installed the updates to facebook and took the battery out a few times and nothings happened is there anything else i can try ?
    08-17-09 04:35 PM
    tried both n its not working yet
    08-17-09 04:45 PM
    tried both n its not working yet
    I had a problem with facebook and deleting and reinstall is what worked for me. Sorry it didn't work for you.
    08-17-09 04:49 PM
    ok cheers anyway bud i dont actually recieve any emails from facebook when i get notifications does this matter ???
    08-17-09 04:58 PM
    I've stopped getting notification too. I was thinking it is because I am using SocialScope. I did delete FB and re-installed plus the good ol'battery pull and still no FB notifications.
    08-17-09 05:18 PM
    iv not had any since owning the phone in jan tho and i never get email notifications either.. never have done really
    08-17-09 05:19 PM
    ok cheers anyway bud i dont actually recieve any emails from facebook when i get notifications does this matter ???
    That may be the prob. I set up an email filter to auto delete fb email notifications and stopped receiving them. Once I removed filter, started getting them again. Try turning on email notifications from your actual fb account.

Only thing I don't like is that notifications don't show up in bb email (only show up in fb app) but fill up actual inbox. Hope this helps.

Rook

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 05:25 PM
    ok how do i turn them back on again though ??
    08-17-09 05:26 PM
    ok how do i turn them back on again though ??
    Go to your settings on face book and turn them back on. That may have been my issue as well, I also stopped all emails but I don't know why one would affect the other.
    08-17-09 06:09 PM
    i got all mine clicked as to come through already tho trhats what i mean i jus dont receieve any emails !?
    08-17-09 06:10 PM
    I am not sure if you did this or not but you have to register your phone in the facebook settings on your pc. Once you do that you will receive an email which you click the link to verify the connection. After that you should get your FB notifications. Click on settings and then on mobile to add your phone number.
    08-17-09 06:39 PM
    Make sure that the email that you set up on your blackberry is the same email that you use on facebook. If not it wont send you notifications. You can change your email on facebook from your PC, just go to settings and its right there. Just change that to the email that your blackberry uses.
    08-17-09 06:40 PM
    I was having the same issue. You need to go on to facebook and change your email address or update it. What I did was changed it to another working email address that i had then changed it back to the one i wanted the notifications going too and it worked.

Mike
    08-17-09 07:16 PM
    yeah iv done both the above too but still no joy ? this seems a mystery to me now lol i already had the right email and iv got my phone numebr set up but where the notifications are it says email or sms so i dont click on the sms do i iv got all them unclicked and all the emails clicked.. but i dont recieve emails about notifications atall to my inbox....
    08-17-09 07:28 PM
    right iv used another email and change it over now trying to go back to the original which is a hotmail account and iv resent the confirmation email 5 times and i jus wont receieve it !?!?
    08-17-09 07:40 PM
    right i had the sender of facebook blocked on hotmail so i jus unblocked it.. uninstalled it n reinstalled it on the storm n got people to write on my wall.. im gettin the emails on the pc but still no notifications on the app ..
    08-17-09 08:01 PM
    I turned off my email notifications on FB because I ONLY want to get notifications on the FB app -- NOT in my email inbox. I've read mixed-info on whether this is possible.

Now I don't get either one - email or FB notifications.

One user said the email address must be the SAME one, and someone else said you have to have a different email address (one that you rarely use) on FB to send the notifications to.

Now I'm thoroughly confused. Can someone please give me the "*****'s version," please?
    11-13-09 11:46 AM
    I got my notifications back. I deleted FB app and re-installed it from App World. Then did a battery pull. All is working now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD