I'm not sure I can speak for everyone on here, but is anyone else getting annoyed with people saying things that may or may not be true. It's one to say "I don't think AT&T will be getting the storm" or "I've heard that surepress is out and true type is in"

I know its fun to play the "I wonder" game, but please don't make statements unless you can back them up with FACT.

Sorry everyone, just my monday afternoon rant
    08-17-09 02:11 PM
    It is all part of the pre-release excitement. If you don't like it don't read it. Soon the device wil be out and all questions will be answered. Many of us on CB enjoy these rumors as new devices get closer. Also, if you look through CB history these rumors mostly ALL come true so I don't think that whatever you may read is far from the actual truth. After all, people already have these devices and there are pics, videos...etc so I think you will be surprised that the rumors are pretty close to correct
    08-17-09 02:37 PM
    I understand what your saying cj, but what im saying is that is so many people have no idea what they are talking about, yet they make statements as if they heard from the CEO of RIM themselves.

I'll mention again what I said in my OP. Theres lots of speculation about whether or not the storm 2 is coming to AT&T. But how many times have we heard "Yes, the storm 2 will be released by AT&T" and then a few seconds later, "No, they will not be releasing this phone". And the same goes for the talk about the new screen.

Trust me, I get what your saying about the pre release excitement, and im guilty of it too. But i'd never make a statement that sounded as fact to this website if I had no proof to back it up.
    08-17-09 02:48 PM
    I would ASSUME that Verizon still has an exclusivity deal in place for the Storm devices much like AT&T has with the iPhone.

However mark my words, one day sooner than later you will see an iPhone running on Verizon and a Storm device running on AT&T.
    08-17-09 07:04 PM
    A lot of people have said that the exclusive deal ends Black Friday. My guess is that the phone will be released sometime around that, and to several carriers.

I thought C_X said they were releasing the device to AT&T too? I could be wrong though. I do read a lot in a lot of forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 04:33 AM
    I'm not sick of it. I enjoy all the speculation and musings that are posted. If they bother you...don't read them.
    08-18-09 05:32 AM
    A lot of people have said that the exclusive deal ends Black Friday. My guess is that the phone will be released sometime around that, and to several carriers.

I thought C_X said they were releasing the device to AT&T too? I could be wrong though. I do read a lot in a lot of forums.

no i'm pretty sure I saw a mention of a storm model coming to at&t aswell.

RIM BlackBerry Storm 2 9520 (Phone Arena)
    heres one mention but could of sworn that there was a better article
    08-18-09 08:36 AM
    You just said that you do not like speculation and rumors but you read online forums. But aren't online forums based on speculation and... oh no I've gone cross eyed.
    08-18-09 08:46 AM
    You just said that you do not like speculation and rumors but you read online forums. But aren't online forums based on speculation and... oh no I've gone cross eyed.
    Your all missing my point. Yea, I come on here and read the blogs and forums. What I'm saying is how people respond to certain things. I guess I'm not making my point clear enough, but I hope someone out there understands me lol.

08-18-09 09:50 AM
    I can back up this statement with my word for now LOL

There is a GSM ODIN... I thought it was already known by everyone...
    08-18-09 09:58 AM
    Sal your one of the few people who I give credibiltiy to here because you have actually held and touched this phone. Its the people who have never seen one that come out and make false statements and try to pass them off as fact that get on my nerves sometimes lol.

And forgive me, what does GSM mean for ATT. That doesn't automatically mean that its coming to ATT right?

08-18-09 10:39 AM
    No it doesn't. There was a GSM version of the storm 1 released but wasn't released on AT&T. If its a GSM version it will have the necessary bands to so that you can unlock it and use it on AT&T though. Issues that might arise is that you may not be able to receive 3g.
    08-18-09 11:07 AM
    Sal your one of the few people who I give credibiltiy to here because you have actually held and touched this phone. Its the people who have never seen one that come out and make false statements and try to pass them off as fact that get on my nerves sometimes lol.

And forgive me, what does GSM mean for ATT. That doesn't automatically mean that its coming to ATT right?

Championart is right.

GSM is the technology that ATT uses on its phones. GSM = SIM CARD
    CDMA is the technology VERIZON uses on its phones. CDMA = NO SIM
    (although now a days the world phones that Verizon has been putting out like the 1st Storm and the Tour do come with a SIM CARD, it doesn't mean they are GSM phones).

There multiple carriers in the world with GSM capabilities, so that doesn't mean AT&T will get it for sure
    08-18-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD