Heads up! BerryWeather, normally a $10 app, now selling for $4.97 until August 17th. There is a free trial - try it out. It is much better than BBweather, Weathereye or WeatherBug applications and totally worth the price. I uninstalled my WeatherBug elite and paid for BerryWeather within 1 hour of the trial - BW is superior in every way. Now I wish I hadn't bought the WeatherBug in the first place... oh well, it's as if I paid full price for BerryWeather
    Last edited by dohturdima; 08-17-09 at 01:17 PM.
    08-17-09 01:11 PM
    Damn, I hate when this stuff happens after I pay full price for stuff. That's life though. I'll have to pick it up for my wife's Tour with this deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 01:20 PM
    What's so great about it? I use free Weathereye.
    08-17-09 01:24 PM
    Damn, I hate when this stuff happens after I pay full price for stuff. That's life though. I'll have to pick it up for my wife's Tour with this deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lol, yeah. Paid full price too. I've come to expect it. So, when the apps go on sale, it's a non issue.
    08-17-09 01:28 PM
    Whew...when I first read it I thought it the Title said "Discontinued"
    08-17-09 01:28 PM
    i almost bought this yesterday, thanks
    08-17-09 01:30 PM
    What's so great about it? I use free Weathereye.
    Umm... Better than Weathereye: GUI, options locales and pretty much everything else (aside from the fact it costs $5)?

Lets put it this way: WeatherBug elite = or > than Weathereye, BerryWeather >> WeatherBug. IMHO, of course. There's BBWeather which is also free but it is limited when compared to BerryWeather and I could not get it to play nice with my GPS.
    Last edited by dohturdima; 08-17-09 at 01:39 PM.
    08-17-09 01:37 PM
    i almost bought this yesterday, thanks
    aahhh i did oh well 5 bucks i'll never have
    08-17-09 01:48 PM
    BerryWeather is very visually appealing. I bought it for 10 and i dont regret it at all. best 3rd party weather app ive used.
    08-17-09 01:49 PM
    I am still using the free WeatherBug, and all I ever do with that is look at the temp on my home screen icon. Its sort of tempting but also seems like a bit of a waste for my usage.

Although I have to admit, it does look a lot nicer than WeatherBug.
    08-17-09 01:50 PM
    Even at full price it's worth it.
    08-17-09 01:50 PM
    I use Simpleweather. It costs $1.00 discounted. The main reason I use it is that it works well with Stormslider. It displays the temp even when the phone is locked. The icons are pretty decent. I use to use BBweather but had trouble with it after I upgraded to .151
    08-17-09 01:56 PM
    Thanks for the heads up.
    08-17-09 02:06 PM
    Thanks for letting us know. I was going to buy this today. But I got to save 5 bucks. 5 bucks is a lot of money these days. Thanks
    08-17-09 02:15 PM
    I just got it. Very cool visual UI, I like scrolling from city to city. The choices in homepage views is good too. Nice app, well worth $5. Haven't tried the GPS locator yet. I think it does all I want in a weather app and more. I had 2-3 free ones and they were slooooow. This is fast.
    Last edited by thebignewt; 08-17-09 at 05:10 PM.
    08-17-09 02:59 PM
    Thx for the headsup. They also advertise on Twitter as well.

I too, thought your original post said "discontinued" lol
    08-17-09 03:08 PM
    I was just checking the reviews and on the first page there are a bunch of 1 star reviews for this. Most of them stating that this app is very inaccurate.

Is anyone having problems with this app?
    I just installed Weatherbug yesterday and it seems fine to me. Not sure why I shouldn't spend $5 on something else. Just wondering.
    08-17-09 03:13 PM
    Which weather app displays the temperature/condition on the home screen?
    08-17-09 03:28 PM
    Even at full price it's worth it.
    Well worth the full price. Compared to w. eye, weatherbug or bb weather it is just superior.
    08-17-09 03:35 PM
    Which weather app displays the temperature/condition on the home screen?

Probably most. You just need to have your home screen icon on the main page and it should show up. Some themes are created that have a separate area for your weather. I know weatherbug, bb weather and of course the best one...berryweather all have an icon that you can have show on the main screen displaying current temp/cond.
    08-17-09 03:37 PM
    Probably most. You just need to have your home screen icon on the main page and it should show up. Some themes are created that have a separate area for your weather. I know weatherbug, bb weather and of course the best one...berryweather all have an icon that you can have show on the main screen displaying current temp/cond.
    No, I don't mean the actual application icon. I've seen screenshots of applications that put the temperature/condition in the top header of the home screen (where the time, battery life, etc. are). No where in the Berryweather options does it allow me to place it there.
    08-17-09 03:43 PM
    oh man! i have this, wish i would have gotten it for that price.
    great app! well worth this price!
    08-17-09 04:17 PM
    I was just checking the reviews and on the first page there are a bunch of 1 star reviews for this. Most of them stating that this app is very inaccurate.

Is anyone having problems with this app?
    I just installed Weatherbug yesterday and it seems fine to me. Not sure why I shouldn't spend $5 on something else. Just wondering.
    I too bought the WeatherBug when it was $5 cheaper (now regretting). Weatherbug is... well, buggy. While it's nice to have the little thermometer icon on top of your screen, there rest of the app is badly implemented. I keep getting red LED alerts (heatwave, flood warning or other shizzle), which I can't turn off aside from clicking on them directly every time. Weatherbug constantly defaults to the alerts and there is no way to get it to go to the weekly broadcast when clicking on the icon (which has the alert on it, btw, taking precedence over weather until you click on it).

No such issues with BerryWeather. Best $5 I spent on a BB app thus far (QuickLaunch is a close 2nd), whereas Weatherbug was a waste of money. It's funny I say this because I really like the iPhone version of WeatherBug
    Last edited by dohturdima; 08-17-09 at 04:34 PM.
    08-17-09 04:28 PM
    I guess my biggest concern is all the talk in the reviews about inaccuracy, and usually by 10 degress or more. Are these users using Berryweather wrongly?
    08-17-09 05:18 PM
    I guess my biggest concern is all the talk in the reviews about inaccuracy, and usually by 10 degress or more. Are these users using Berryweather wrongly?
    I just compared the forecast that BerryWeather gave me, to several other sources including weather.com. Overall they are extremely similar (differences of a single degree).
    08-17-09 05:33 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD