Anyone else having problems displaying the SMS/MMS icon on any of the hidden today themes? Every time I scroll over the SMS icon on the home screen it displays texts that I sent last week, rather than the 2 or 3 newest ones. When I receive a new text it will display it until it's been read, then it will go back to showing the older random text messages. Is this a gltich? This is the first time I've experimented with the hidden today themes so I'm not sure...

When I scroll over Calendar it correctly displays my most recent upcoming events. When I scroll over Messages it displays my most recent unread emails. It seems like the SMS icon is the only one not working as it should
    08-17-09 12:36 PM
    Anyone else having problems displaying the SMS/MMS icon on any of the hidden today themes? Every time I scroll over the SMS icon on the home screen it displays texts that I sent last week, rather than the 2 or 3 newest ones. When I receive a new text it will display it until it's been read, then it will go back to showing the older random text messages. Is this a gltich? This is the first time I've experimented with the hidden today themes so I'm not sure...

When I scroll over Calendar it correctly displays my most recent upcoming events. When I scroll over Messages it displays my most recent unread emails. It seems like the SMS icon is the only one not working as it should
    Been talked about on here. You need to go into the folder and delete the messages. Not talking just your main folder, but go into the sent messages folder etc. Only need to do this one time after you install the theme and you should be ok
    08-17-09 12:39 PM
    Been talked about on here. You need to go into the folder and delete the messages. Not talking just your main folder, but go into the sent messages folder etc. Only need to do this one time after you install the theme and you should be ok
    I deleted all of my texts, so the SMS/MMS folder was completely empty. After 10 texts it was still showing 2 older texts that I had sent and none that I received.

When you say "sent messages folder" I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to...
    08-17-09 12:49 PM
    I deleted all of my texts, so the SMS/MMS folder was completely empty. After 10 texts it was still showing 2 older texts that I had sent and none that I received.

When you say "sent messages folder" I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to...
    Go into your messages folder. Then into options and select "view folder" From there go to your sms and mms inbox and outbox folders and make sure they are all empty.
    08-17-09 02:05 PM
    Thanks I'll give that a try. I never knew about accessing those folders...learn something new every day!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 02:33 PM

I have the same problem. I have done tons of searching through crackberry and google. I haven't seen his recommendation yet, I'll have to try it.

I had to stop using hidden today themes.
    08-17-09 03:22 PM
    I have the same problem. I have done tons of searching through crackberry and google. I haven't seen his recommendation yet, I'll have to try it.

I had to stop using hidden today themes.
    LOL...I feel for you guys. This will work...believe me. Just need to check all the folders and make sure. Then, once the message are deleted, get out and they should all be gone. From there on out, old messages should not show up on that theme.
    08-17-09 03:42 PM
    It worked, just like you said. Thanks for taking the time to reply mjs!

08-17-09 05:15 PM
    Worked for the first few sms messages I deleted and then back to normal. Any other ideas?
    08-17-09 07:17 PM
    I have a similar issue with the calendar in the today section.

Fior instance I have my son's cross country meets on my calendar, but I also have my volleyball schedule and sometimes they are on the same days, his starts at 4:30 and mine starts at 5:30, my event at 5:30 doesn't show up, but his 4:30 does along with the next day's events

using bbampd blue theme
    09-21-09 07:30 AM
    I have a similar issue with the calendar in the today section.

Fior instance I have my son's cross country meets on my calendar, but I also have my volleyball schedule and sometimes they are on the same days, his starts at 4:30 and mine starts at 5:30, my event at 5:30 doesn't show up, but his 4:30 does along with the next day's events

using bbampd blue theme
    Do you have more than one calendar? A calendar is created for each email account but only one can be the default. The today screen will only show default calendar events.

09-21-09 08:30 AM
    For the Messages today area, it should only display the UNREAD messages. But, there is a bug in the theme software and/or OS (it happens on the 8900 too) that causes messages sent via apps like Vlingo or QuickLaunch stay in the today message area. You will have to delete those manually but that is usually the cause of sent messages in the today area.
    09-21-09 09:56 AM
    For the Messages today area, it should only display the UNREAD messages. But, there is a bug in the theme software and/or OS (it happens on the 8900 too) that causes messages sent via apps like Vlingo or QuickLaunch stay in the today message area. You will have to delete those manually but that is usually the cause of sent messages in the today area.

This is correct, but I think the most recent post was referring to Calendar entries. The others were from 1 month ago.
    09-21-09 10:53 AM
    This fix did not work for me. It still displays my texts on the homescreen when I highlight SMS/MMS, even though I already read it. I love Hidden Today themes somebody please help!!!

EDIT: I'm not sending or accessing the sms texts through any 3rd party software such as Blingo or Quicklaunch, just the default way. Help
    Last edited by loafmaster; 03-30-10 at 08:58 PM.
    03-30-10 08:40 PM
    Didn't work for me either.
    03-30-10 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD