Dudes what's up.

My name is Chris , I'm from Aruba and I just bought a BB Tour 9630.OK the cell phone is from sprint but it was unlocked.
    The problem I have is that it still say's activation reguired on top.
    How do I remove this??
    Searched around but didn't get something that could help me with this type of phone.
    08-17-09 02:39 AM
    Key in ##000000 and press dial. This will take you to the CDMA Service Edit Screen. Key in your 10 digit mobile number in the Mobile Directory Number and MSI_S fields. Save settings and the device will reboot. The Activation Required status should be replaced by your carrier name upon device startup.
    08-17-09 02:54 AM
    it doesn't work. Each Sprint Tour has a unique MSL code. I paid a crackberry member 7 dollars and he got me my MSL code, worth the 7 dollars!
    08-17-09 03:34 AM
    ##000000 for Sprint/Verizon

##111111 for Bell/Telus.

Change the number to your phone number but you can only do this once. Allow phone to restart.
    08-17-09 09:14 AM
    ##000000 for Sprint/Verizon

##111111 for Bell/Telus.

Change the number to your phone number but you can only do this once. Allow phone to restart.
    Doesn't work, invalid password!
    08-17-09 10:05 PM
    You and the others who keep posting about this need to use the search feature. There are a ton of threads about this topic already.

BTW I love Aruba! My husband and I spent our honeymoon there and can't wait to go back!
    Oooh nice to hear that hehe. Your alway's welcome over here.
    08-17-09 10:07 PM
    Question, does this activation required thing mess with the GPS ?

When i'm in google maps I can't see my own position.
    08-17-09 10:10 PM
    it doesn't work. Each Sprint Tour has a unique MSL code. I paid a crackberry member 7 dollars and he got me my MSL code, worth the 7 dollars!
    Yeah I emailed him but didn't get a reply back yet.
    08-17-09 10:11 PM
    waiting for password too
    08-19-09 01:43 AM
    waiting for password too
    hi kub k.art ^^
    u r using Sprint Tour too lor kub?
    08-22-09 12:57 PM
    for Activation Required issue, can't we just call Sprint to activate the Tour??
    08-22-09 12:58 PM
    can you tell me who can get the msl code i really need it asap..

thanks....
    08-23-09 12:19 AM
    Sprint. Call them.
    sprint will not give it to them if they are not a sprint customer.. and that is the issue here.. how to get an msl for sprint without actually using sprint service.

has anyone tried the latest cdma workshop to read the msl?
    08-23-09 12:41 PM
    I have the same problem. I'm in Melbourne, Australia.
    I've been busy reading postings on the topic and from what I can gather and what I've tried, the ##000000 and the ##111111 doesn't work because they seem to be directed to verizon phones.
    The Sprint BB Tour's require a unique MSL code.
    If there's someone out there that can provide me with my MSL code, that'd be really helpful.

And I've contacted Sprint. They won't talk to you if you're not their customer, despite the phone being from Sprint originally.

Help would be great!
    I'll be keeping an eye on this post.
    09-18-09 03:49 PM
    Oh, and Mr.Salas, the GPS on my Tour isn't locating positions either.
    I think it's cause the phone being assigned to sprint, the phone can't communicate completely with your (and my) local phone network, hence using the local phone towers for A-GPS location is not working.

Not sure if that's the case... I'm only second guessing...
    09-18-09 03:53 PM
    dont even bother calling telus they basically tell you to get lost
    09-18-09 04:45 PM
    having the same problem with the activation required and telus wont help me out
    09-18-09 04:56 PM
    Home work was done.
    I just didn't expect the guy selling it to me to sell me one that was still locked!
    But enough of the problem,

is there anyone with a solution?

I've researched two possibilities.

1) I do it myself, which involves cracking it with some software. A lot of time, and a bit of experimentation, but thank god for the internet, look hard enough, anything is available. I've even seen youtube clips of how to do it already.
    2) Someone from this forum can give me my MSL if I provide them with my IMEI or DEX numbers.

Any takers?
    09-18-09 10:17 PM
    Home work was done.
    I just didn't expect the guy selling it to me to sell me one that was still locked!
    But enough of the problem,

is there anyone with a solution?

I've researched two possibilities.

1) I do it myself, which involves cracking it with some software. A lot of time, and a bit of experimentation, but thank god for the internet, look hard enough, anything is available. I've even seen youtube clips of how to do it already.
    2) Someone from this forum can give me my MSL if I provide them with my IMEI or DEX numbers.

Any takers?
    Im pretty sure only sprint can give you an MSL as others have told you.
    09-19-09 01:15 AM
    I can get the MSL codes for Sprint Tours. See previous posts I have posted in that confirms that I can get them and people are satisfied with the service.

QUICK NOTE THOUGH.

We are running into (recently) a good amount of ESN's reported as lost/stolen in the system.

Before you purchase a 9630 Sprint Tour, if you need to verify the MEID is free and clear, feel free to email me or see the post I am about to make.
    09-21-09 10:03 AM
    Does this mean that every time you switch from CDMA to GSM (using a different carrier's SIM card), you need to change the phone number on the service screen? Or is one line for the CDMA radio and the other for the GSM?

Ie: If someone wants to use Telus for service in Canada, but T-Mobile for service in Germany. Just an example...
    09-21-09 05:35 PM
    hi...i just got my blackberry tour (sprint) and its unlocked. Anybody can help me with the MSL code in order to remove "activation required" indicator?? If i have to pay , thats okay.
    09-22-09 10:35 PM
    I need help too...
    10-02-09 11:48 AM
    10-02-09 01:14 PM
    May I know the code plzzzzzzzzzzz
    10-03-09 09:14 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD