I see a lot of people is just hating on the Odin, and I'm here to say that I can't judge you. I had an awful experience with my Storm 1, so I understand your thoughts.

Now, with that said, you can't look at this phone as the SAME PHONE as the 1st version of it, because its far from it. This is a phone with newer/better technology.

If you truly like touchscreens and are contemplating on getting this when it comes out. Do you want it to be good? Or are you a hater and want the phone to suck? And if you are a hater, then please explain why?

It really comes down to that. This "2nd Storm" is awesome, and I will stand by it. Just like when the Tour came out and I said it was a great phone, and a lot of people seemed to love it, some people hated it (For whatever reason), but the overall feeling about the phone was positive and for this one it will be positive too.

BAM! Done! Good night!
    08-17-09 01:12 AM
    Now, all I need is for RIM to send me an OS update! LOL
    08-17-09 01:13 AM
    I hope its good enough, Storm1 users get a $99 upgrade!
    J/K
    I only kid, I am not one of those who expect something for nothing.
    "Caveat Emptor"
    I didn't buy my storm until Feb. I did my research, and played with some friends, and made the concious choice to do it. I am glad I did too. I will do the same with the 2nd gen, there will be bugs in any mass roll-out. No matter how much testing you do, nothing can replicate all tens of thousands of enviroments these phones will be used in. I am confident that Storm2 will be a good product.
    08-17-09 01:18 AM
    Salo I see your really goin' out of your way to write/blog about this phone and how much you love it. With that being said, I definitely want it to be good, sh*t I passed on the Tour for it so it better damn well be .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 01:42 AM
    I'm not hating I really truly want the storm 2 to be great. I love my S1 but really took some commitment going from .65 to .75 to .148 when things started to get good then .151 wow.... Anyway . I want to be impressed and but to me it seems like the storm 2 is more like : Storm (original) and the new Storm Plus. Still , I look forward to getting some time with the final product. And if someone has an odin now I would be really interested in giving it a try.

08-17-09 01:46 AM
    I really like the idea of touchscreens. Having an iPod Touch, I'm used to a touchscreen. I like it because I want to have as much screen real estate as possible, and one that efficiently zooms in and out. The typing experience is important, however, and that is why I am painfully on the fence right now re: the choice between Tour right now or Storm 2 later.

What trying out the Storm 1 in the store showed me is that it might be possible to have the best of both worlds - to have the form factor, beauty, screen real estate, and media playback capability of a touchscreen with something approaching the typing experience of a real keyboard. I think the Storm 1 fell short, but your videos are giving me hope that the Storm 2 might get closer to that goal.
    Well said brentoli! I completely agree and also look forward to the Storm 2 to be a success. I also waited to get mine and when I did I knew a lot about it, knew what to expect and what not to expect. It has not let me down(knock on wood) and S2 will be even better!

Get my upgrade on 12/26 so Merry Christmas to me!
    hmmmmmm, hard to answer
    08-17-09 01:48 AM
    I totally want this phone to be awesome. I've never had a touchscreen, and I may be wanting something that I will end up hating, but I want it to be freaking awesome.
    08-17-09 01:53 AM
    Im hoping its good.

I had the Storm 1 but sold it and got a Tour which I absolutely love!

So Sal, if you had a choice knowing what you know would you get a Tour or a Storm 2?
    08-17-09 01:55 AM
    touch screen is just not my cup of tea
    08-17-09 01:59 AM
    Im hoping its good.

I had the Storm 1 but sold it and got a Tour which I absolutely love!

So Sal, if you had a choice knowing what you know would you get a Tour or a Storm 2?
    Like I said before, because of work I need a keyboard, BUT tomorrow I'm using my Odin as my main phone (to test it out) and keeping the onyx as a backup. I have been playing with the Storm 2 and I gotta say: I'm in love with the phone. I think we will all enjoy the official release a little too much
    08-17-09 02:02 AM
    Like I said before, because of work I need a keyboard, BUT tomorrow I'm using my Odin as my main phone (to test it out) and keeping the onyx as a backup. I have been playing with the Storm 2 and I gotta say: I'm in love with the phone. I think we will all enjoy the official release a little too much
    storm 2, your IN!
    08-17-09 02:03 AM
    I am definitely looking forward to this phone because I know it is awesome. I didn't have a horrible experience with the first Storm which I think is a great phone and I love it.

This phone already seems like a 2nd generation phone meaning way better. Its just like Night Vision. You have First Gen its functional and new and first in its class (ie first RIM touch screen phone). Then second generation you have improvements and something its far more developed and clearer. It wasn't a night and day change like some people want it to be. Its not something so changed from night vision to xray vision. Its just a better version of night vision that you can see better and works better. (ie maybe lighter more durable stands light better is clearer) And there are more generations ahead of that now. You getting the picture yet?

The development never stops so I am even more excited about the S2 then ever because it is just another step to the future

There are better things to come. Why complain about it when you can sit back use what you got now and enjoy the ride.

I am totally looking forward to the S2. It can only get better
    08-17-09 02:03 AM
    Coming from the Storm1..which I purchased in Febuary, I hope and pray that the Storm 2 is everything I'm hoping it to be. I don't have any upgrade available and I plan on selling my storm to buy the storm 2 when it comes out. I am confident that it will be though, because if VZW & RIM allow another "storm" to have such negative feedback it won't be good I don't think.
    08-17-09 02:55 AM
    The problem is that for some crazy reason, people thought this phone would have a special UI like WinMo 6.5, Android, WebOs etc. Was this some rumor that people believed, because I can't determine why RIM would change their formula for one phone, touchscreen or not. Now this rumor has migrated to Storm 3, which is also laughable to me. Yes, I agree that the Storm 2 is really a 1.5, but that doesn't mean that this phone isn't way better than the Storm 2. That's not a debatable subject, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Sinternet Jr.; 08-17-09 at 06:38 AM.
    08-17-09 06:31 AM
    So what was it? did you had to switch to the Onyx at any moment or is the Odin that good even for writing emails and SMS.

Best regards.
    08-17-09 02:20 PM
    I want it to be Awesome!

08-17-09 02:30 PM
    I think we should all be hoping for a major success for the sake of RIM. We all have blackberrys, why would we want one to fail? So some other company can look better? Nooo.
    Other than that I'm sure when we find out the full details on this phone we will be even more drawn to it and excited to try it out ourselves. I like how RIM tried something different with their touchscreen phone and that was the click...can't wait what other innovative feature they have up their sleeve for the Storm 2. XD

08-17-09 02:36 PM
    So what was it? did you had to switch to the Onyx at any moment or is the Odin that good even for writing emails and SMS.

Best regards.
    I have two lines: Verizon and AT&T.

My Verizon line is my main/business line.

My AT&T line is just to play with phones, so whenever I get a pre release I use it on my AT&T line.

I liked the Odin so much, that I switched it and its my main phone right now. Its running on Verizon. Its really easy to text with and e-mail, although coming from a phone with a keyboard, I need a little bit more practice
    08-17-09 02:39 PM
    I don't know why anyone would want it to be BAD, unless they were a major Apple fantroll. But from what I can tell in all of the hands-on and previews I've seen, it's shaping up to be a real winner in the touchscreen device scene. Once RIM gets the gold OS out there, we'll get to see what it's really made of.
    08-17-09 02:49 PM
    I've loved my S1 since day one, Although it was not perfect as we all know, i always found a way to see it otherwise. Ever since the new OS updates the phone has been acting like a completely new phone. I also own a Tour and even though its a great phone, i still see my S1 to be greater in many different ways. I got so used to the touch screen that i cant see my self retro'ing (is that a word? lol) back to the trackball. Lets not forget the large screen to watch our good ol Pr0n!

In other words, i am anxiously looking forward for the Storm 2!

btw, thanks for the videos Sal. =]
    Last edited by Bert336; 08-17-09 at 03:06 PM.
    08-17-09 03:04 PM
    no i get it. some ppl are hating on the odin because they got the storm 1 or iphone or w/e. some of them, not all, sound almost jealous or threatened that their storm is becoming outdated by something new and actually functional comming out. so they try to pull down others and talk shiet on other products to make their phone not seem that bad. i see this all the time (not just with phones of course). they put down others to make themself look better and feel better. they feel insecure/threatened not being number 1 and having the hottest/coolest sh*t. its like a coping mechanism for how much they actually suck.

i know a lotta ppl with iphones and they do this all the time when someone whips out a storm. now, im not saying everyone is like this cuz there are a lotta dedicated s1 fans that have stuck it out. props to them. but, there are just a couple of pricks out there that are talking mad sh*t on something they havent touched or even physically seen. and other pricks just like putting down others just cause they are d ouche bags and just like flaming on this website. just ignore them, who cares anyways right?
    Last edited by PiKappaAlpha; 08-17-09 at 03:27 PM.
    08-17-09 03:23 PM
    I can't wait til this comes out, I want to try and upgrade! I hope it's awesome
    08-17-09 03:35 PM
    I want it to be a success also. Let's hope the OS is stable from the get-go this time. I love my Storm don't get me wrong but the .75 really gave it a bad rep. .148/.151 saved the device from utter doom. I trust that the new one will be an awesome device!!

Current Storm owners should get some type if special discounted upgrade fee. NO I'M NOT TRYING TO GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING, I was loyal and patient and that should be rewarded.
    08-17-09 03:53 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD