so...im on my second tour...and this one has the same problem. from time to time when i tether via bluetooth..it will cause the phone to reboot. has anyone had a similar issue? tethering via USB on a PC is no problem. it is being tethered to a mac via bluetooth. i have tethered my treo to my mac for YEARS without issue...now my tour seems to reboot about 90% of the time....usually instantly after making the connection.
    08-16-09 08:25 PM
    Yup, mine does the same thing. My 8830 used to do this also, but the Tour seems to be happening more frequently.
    09-07-09 09:37 AM
    I tether Daily via BT and haven't had that issue. I tether directly to VZ access manager and not a created dialup connection. Do you pay extra for tethering or are you using like a 3rd party tethering application?
    09-07-09 12:05 PM
    I noticed this as well, just this past weekend. Mine would only restart if I had it charging though.
    09-07-09 04:42 PM
    I haven't had any problems with BT tether.... Try and reinstall the software for the device....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 05:01 PM
    Just started tethering on my Tour to my macbook pro in the last couple days, and initially I didn't have this problem - it worked flawlessly and would stay connected for extended lengths of time (3-4 hours) but today it has happened to me 4 times - twice were within a few mins of connecting 5-10 and the other two were around the 25 min mark

On my fifth try now we'll see how it goes... I'm on 4.7.1.65 (Platform 4.1.0.78) - been on this version since the day it was released about a month ago and hadn't experienced any problems - except for the lack of EV for the first two weeks cause they gave me a bad MSID, finally had that fixed a week ago and was ready for the nice EVDO speed increase until this problem started. Guess I'm going to have to try going back to version it came with - 4.7.1.53 and see if Im still plagued with this problem.
    12-21-09 01:09 PM
    Did anyone ever resolve this issue? I've been experiencing the rebooting on my BB Tour 9630 and it's annoying. It seems like a memory leak that just builds up over time and then eventually forces a reboot.
    03-31-10 01:39 AM
    Me too. Came across this thread while researching the problem - no joy yet.
    05-03-10 09:27 AM
    Is any body get the solution for auto reboot device when switch on Bluetooth?
    09-28-12 02:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD