The Storm is killing me. I drop calls all the timen running .148. I am on my third one, nothing has changed. The interesting part is my wife's Curve and now Tour were and are solid as a rock in the same exact locations.

This is my plan. I am going to unlock the Storm and swap to the Curve. If some Storm leaks come out I will try them, or even a new OS...

Either way, if you are interested in a Storm. I might have an unlocked one for sale soon. This phone is really not worth the hassle.
    08-16-09 08:07 PM
    Well go get a tour. What's holding you back?
    08-16-09 08:22 PM
    yep, glad i traded up... well worth it
    08-16-09 08:24 PM
    i went from the storm to the tour. havent touched my storm since. well worth the money
    08-16-09 09:13 PM
    Yea get the tour already.
    08-16-09 09:18 PM
    I'm rocking my curve 8330 again. Threw a black housing on it and a 2gb sd card and sold my storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 09:35 PM
    Go get the tour I heard its a good phone.
    08-16-09 10:36 PM
    so go buy a tour.. you can sell your storm for a couple hundred and use that towards the purchase of the tour. honestly though, i considered getting the tour until i got .151. now i wouldnt bother. perhaps its worth you trying.. its night and day compared to .148
    08-16-09 10:45 PM
    Either way, if you are interested in a Storm. I might have an unlocked one for sale soon. This phone is really not worth the hassle.
    That is one heck of a sales pitch!
    08-17-09 06:23 AM
    There are a lot of shortcomings with the Storm, it is tough for some of us to live with them.
    08-17-09 10:23 AM
    Shortcomings on the Storm? Have you gone to the Tour threads lately? That phone is having all kinds of problems. I know 2 friends who have already dropped the Tour to go back to the Storm. Oh yes, I did the same thing. The Tour, while a nice phone, does not hold a candle to the Storm when it comes to media and for my kind of e-mailing, I can do just fine with the Storm. I hate the Tour keyboard!

The Tour browser is just flat out lousy! You will find yourself constantly zooming where as the Storm, the browsing is pretty darn good.
    08-17-09 11:05 AM
    ^^Actually if you take the time to adjust the font sizing in the browser options you won't need to zoom.
    08-17-09 12:04 PM
    The Tour is not what I like... I want a touch device. My wife has the Tour it is nice and all, but to be honest I am not sure if BB is for me. There are many operating shortcomings that make the device boring. The e-mail kicks...

It is sad that my device can't hold onto a call, that should be the least of my worries... If you are 5 bars all the time then you never need to worry. When I get into 3 bars I just start counting the number of dropped calls.
    08-19-09 12:04 PM
    Might be worth looking into non-bb offerings. Some nice touch devices out there if you don't need the bb infrastructure
    08-19-09 12:37 PM
    I played with the tour for a little bit yesterday at the verizon store. Isn't it pretty much the storm with a keyboard but smaller screen. What's the hype.

08-19-09 12:45 PM
    Shortcomings on the Storm? Have you gone to the Tour threads lately? That phone is having all kinds of problems. I know 2 friends who have already dropped the Tour to go back to the Storm. Oh yes, I did the same thing. The Tour, while a nice phone, does not hold a candle to the Storm when it comes to media and for my kind of e-mailing, I can do just fine with the Storm. I hate the Tour keyboard!

The Tour browser is just flat out lousy! You will find yourself constantly zooming where as the Storm, the browsing is pretty darn good.
    Agreed. Browse through all the threads on the tour and unhappy costomers complaining aboy the muffed sound, battery door, "on my 6th tour", etc.

Upgrade to OS .151 on the storm, and you will find its running like it should
    08-19-09 12:54 PM
    I love the storm. No problems lag texting or had any dropped calls, but I am on my third storm. First one if I remember correctly. The second was a refurb and straight pot the box the screen didn't feel right. I knew right away that something bad was going to happen and I was right. The screen just stopped responding.
    I'm on my third and have had no hardware issues. I guess what I'm trying is that I beveer had any software issues with the phone just hardwarre.
    Mt sister got the tour and I played around with it, its a nifty device because can't see myself going to a small screen. Shaun lovin my storm especially with .151 installed.

08-19-09 12:55 PM
    Storms a great phone...people will always find something to complain about with every phone hence the Tour threds.
    08-19-09 01:40 PM
    I was just the opposite. I had new tours that were crap. Was always getting Reload Software 522 errors which meant wipe and reload. Switch to a storm and am very happy. The Tour is a great phone, but I didn't feel comfortable with it. I need my phone to work, not die after I try to load a minor piece of software.
    08-19-09 01:43 PM
    I played with the tour for a little bit yesterday at the verizon store. Isn't it pretty much the storm with a keyboard but smaller screen. What's the hype.

That has been my complaint about all BB devices. There is tons of hype and the device is not all that much different from the Curve.
    08-19-09 07:37 PM
    Storms a great phone...people will always find something to complain about with every phone hence the Tour threds.
    The Storm is a great email, BBM, AIM, text msg, movie playing, slacker listening device. A great phone, no way, the number one purpose of the device is to make phone calls and well mine drops them everyday. I live in the Washington, DC metro area there is no excuse to not have strong coverage.
    08-19-09 07:43 PM
    Agreed. Browse through all the threads on the tour and unhappy costomers complaining aboy the muffed sound, battery door, "on my 6th tour", etc.

Upgrade to OS .151 on the storm, and you will find its running like it should
    Been using .151 all day. My BBM is all screwed up, really slow and well yeah it works better except for the fact that is still drops calls.
    08-19-09 07:44 PM
    What is strange is my wife has not had any problems with her Tour. The battery door is solid and the sound is amazing, much clearer than my Storm. I think RIM has poor quality control.
    08-19-09 07:46 PM
    What is strange is my wife has not had any problems with her Tour. The battery door is solid and the sound is amazing, much clearer than my Storm. I think RIM has poor quality control.
    I dont thinks it poor quality control its just the fact that there putting out millions of devices and there are bound to be some issues with some of them.

After playing with the Tour at VZW and Sprint I can say its not for me. On the other hand my girlfriend will be getting the Tour real soon ( she hates touch screen devices)
    08-19-09 09:47 PM
    I dont thinks it poor quality control its just the fact that there putting out millions of devices and there are bound to be some issues with some of them.

After playing with the Tour at VZW and Sprint I can say its not for me. On the other hand my girlfriend will be getting the Tour real soon ( she hates touch screen devices)
    That is what quality control is my friend.

"Quality control is the branch of engineering and manufacturing which deals with assurance and failure testing in design and production of products or services, to meet or exceed customer requirements."

If RIM employeed Six Sigma they might not run into any of these issues.
    08-20-09 02:59 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD