Well I recently got the Storm 9530 on T-Mobile and like alot of you I've been having trouble with the edge to EDGE and vice versa. I read alot on the forums about how other OSs are more stable and dont really have this problem (Particularly the .75 and the newest one). But after reading how to upgrade the OS and the risks of doing so, I thought I would just play around with my Storm and try to solve the problem on my own. After messing with it for a couple days, I might have found the source or my "personal" solution to the problem. Everytime I restart the phone or lose signal (My area has horrible T-Mobile reception, especially my house), I tend to receive EDGE for maybe a minute then it changes to edge, a problem alot of ppl have. I dont know if anyone realized this yet or if this actually works (it works for me), but I go to the TCP/IP settings and "reset" the APN settings (I basically go uncheck the box and then recheck it, then save). Afterwards, I would re-register my BB in the Host Routing Table. Most of the time, (Ive only had to repeat it once) when I'm about to get "Registration" message I would regain the full EDGE and I would be able to hold that status for the whole day, until I would lose signal (Go into searching) or be forced to reset my Storm. From my knowledge, it seems that my/our BB gets de-registered? It works for me, but can somebody confirm that this is the actual problem or something related to it? Thx.
    08-16-09 03:54 PM
    also put in the .90 radio, that will help a lot
    08-16-09 06:00 PM
    So does that mean that my method does work? (In addition to the .90 radio that is, which i do not have)
    08-16-09 06:03 PM
    you can not use the .90 radio with anything above 148 because of compatability. At least that is what I have been told. I tried to install 151 and 5.0.0.141 and it didn't work.
    08-16-09 06:44 PM
    I just got an unlocked Storm and I am using it on Tmobile. I have been on the phone for over 3 hours with the BB support from tmobile and I still keep getting the "edge" vs. the "EDGE". I get the "EDGE" long enough to send and recieve emails however, as soon as I try to browse it goes right back to "edge" and stays there...nothing seems to work!
    08-16-09 07:31 PM
    Actually the .90 radio code works fine with Oses above .148, I'm using BBC's v7.1.4 hybrid with the .90 radio and they've become pretty good friends, minus the couple pulls (morning and night) they go through, then they kinda ignore each other....that's when I step in and tell them both to sit and register at the host routing table and talk about it-they usually make-up right away otherwise I shut the network off on them and wait about 2-4 minutes and then they decide to put their differences away and stay in a solid, stable friendship for the rest of the day-most times a few days in a row. .
    P.S. It's not confirmed,(maybe just me??) but BBC's v8 did not work well with the .90 radio code-so....
    08-16-09 07:43 PM
    Wait so did anyone try my method yet? (Reseting basically all the data settings and re-registering the host routing table) It for some reason works for me and I dont have the .90 radio code, I have the stock (what ever came with the phone, I havent modded the OS). And yea, I usually do a reset every day and night so.....yea
    08-16-09 07:56 PM
    Wait so did anyone try my method yet? (Reseting basically all the data settings and re-registering the host routing table) It for some reason works for me and I dont have the .90 radio code, I have the stock (what ever came with the phone, I havent modded the OS). And yea, I usually do a reset every day and night so.....yea
    Yes, and now try using an app that needs the APN settings...Pandora, slacker, vlingo and other data intensive apps, wont happen, sorry
    08-16-09 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD