I have come to the conclusion that this phone is seriously going to be the real deal.

When I saw that app memory I almost shot my Storm 1 like that iPhone got shot with the 9(just kidding love my stormy1).

I cant wait to get my hands on that new surepress screen. This phone seems to have a lot of thought put in it, and just sucks that RIM couldnt have the time to make the Storm1 what the Storm2 is going to be.

The OS doesnt bother me on the video because that OS is over 2 months old....Im more excited to see the phone run on one of the newer OS's. At first I was skeptical or "all talk" that I would try and get storm 2, but now seeing that video I cant hold myself back......

Anyone else have that feeling that this phone is going to be a "hands down" phone?

I seriously think this phone is going to be that Perfect Dark/light contrast with the iPhone...putting them on equal levels yet on two different planes of existence(sorry Im a sci-fi writer)....

I HAVE to get this phone event though im not elgible for an upgrade yet but ill find a way...im not paying full retail though lol.

Woohoooo Im excited for a phone that will finally somewhat put the iPhone in its place.

The Storm 1 has capabilites to do so but just didnt have the confidence(it will get it soon or a later maybe with 5.0). Anyways GAAHHHHHHH i cant wait.

Bye.
    08-16-09 01:06 PM
    I know, I have been thinking that I could easily live with my Storm 1 for another year or two, but after seeing that video, it's going to be really hard to do that! I'm so excited about it =D Might be able to find one on craigslist/ebay if someone buys one (or more) and just want to get rid of it... though why on earth someone would do that, is beyond me!
    08-16-09 01:11 PM
    The Odin will be everything the S1 should have been and more. With that being said people still looking for a BBiphone will still be disappointed. I know i'll try to grab a Vodafone GSM version when it drops. Hopefully the S1 bad press allows the price to stay reasonable this time.
    08-16-09 01:22 PM
    im def getting this phone. its looks siiiiiiiiiiiick! but i want to get it for tmo since i dont get reception with verizon in my house.
    08-16-09 01:27 PM
    I know, I have been thinking that I could easily live with my Storm 1 for another year or two, but after seeing that video, it's going to be really hard to do that! I'm so excited about it =D Might be able to find one on craigslist/ebay if someone buys one (or more) and just want to get rid of it... though why on earth someone would do that, is beyond me!
    same here...i could definately keep using my storm 1 its still a great phone...seriously...but I want the best. And I want the real deal. Call me shallow but I love technology and I have to have the device that I originally expected to have in the first place.
    08-16-09 01:29 PM
    The Odin will be everything the S1 should have been and more. With that being said people still looking for a BBiphone will still be disappointed. I know i'll try to grab a Vodafone GSM version when it drops. Hopefully the S1 bad press allows the price to stay reasonable this time.
    yeah you need to hop back on board lol. And yes I agree those looking for an iphone experience, just two different battle fields lol.

Costa Ricas Great

Cancuns Great

Hawaiis Great.

Different Battle fields.
    08-16-09 01:42 PM
    Yes I agree. I am looking forward to it and I am sooo curious on what the new OS will be and what new features it has. Kevin has said that there are more surprises about the new OS so lets see
    08-16-09 01:57 PM
    im itching for this device. i cant wait to see it when it comes out. it looks so sweet!
    08-16-09 02:17 PM
    I think the Storm 2 will blow us away and prove to those who don't think so that RIM really can make a worthy marketable touchscreen phone. I'm excited to learn more about since right now we just have some details about the phone but not all. Oh and yes I will be getting the Storm 2 XD

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 02:20 PM
    I'm dying to get the official release of this phone!!! Its so cool. I never thought I would say that about a touchscreen! LOL
    08-16-09 02:23 PM
    big whoop, more app memory...still the same crappy camera and light (they claim its a flash..its NOT)

oh and it has wifi..lets get all excited!!

phone looks the same...accelerometer is still hella laggy like on storm 1 (old os or not) and i just think this phones gonna be a big FLOP...haha
    08-16-09 02:35 PM
    I'm dying to get the official release of this phone!!! Its so cool. I never thought I would say that about a touchscreen! LOL
    WOHOOOOOOO

confirmed by salomondrin the before release phone *****

lol really though its good to know that YOU think so.

I CANT WAIT

I bet someone gonna make a stupid rant thread pissed off at RIM for taking so long to release s2.

Thread TItle: RIM falling behind for not releasing s2 before its ready....
    08-16-09 02:36 PM
    big whoop, more app memory...still the same crappy camera and light (they claim its a flash..its NOT)

phone looks the same...accelerometer is still hella laggy like on storm 1 (old os or not) and i just think this phones gonna be a big FLOP...haha
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA YEAH MAN I TOTALLY AGREE LMAO!!!

NOT

stfu........
    08-16-09 02:38 PM
    I'm ready for this phone too, I had the S1 and now i have the tour. My girlfriend will be eligible for upgrade very soon and wants my tour so when this comes out i'm ready. Also for all the new haters of the Tour, this phone rocks and made me believe that Rim is still amazing and got me excited for the S2.
    08-16-09 02:39 PM
    I think the Storm 2 will be a great replacement for the storm 1. A very good phone, but with anything, there is always room for improvement.

That said, I really love my Storm 1. Of course, coming from a Moto Q, anything would really be an improvement
    08-16-09 02:45 PM
    I think the Storm 2 will be a great replacement for the storm 1. A very good phone, but with anything, there is always room for improvement.

That said, I really love my Storm 1. Of course, coming from a Moto Q, anything would really be an improvement
    same here man coming from crappy virgin mobile phone HAHAHA. But either way storm 2 will be the latest phone so I am SOOO ready man. It will get the media coverage that storm 1 should have gotten just watch.

And then everybody will want to go get a storm 1 because it "looks" like the storm 2 but a cheaper alternative, so they will still feel apart of the storm movement and storm 1 will be cheaper by then. Maybe.
    08-16-09 02:50 PM
    I would love to have the new storm. It looks awesome. But I think I will stick with my storm and see how the storm 2 turns out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 03:02 PM
    I love the video of the new S2. Even at its early stage it looks very appealing.

Cannot wait to have one in my hands hehe! The Storm 1 was a great device in my personal opinion never had really any problems. And I love it. But this is going to be like heaven x2.
    08-16-09 06:36 PM
    I love the video of the new S2. Even at its early stage it looks very appealing.

Cannot wait to have one in my hands hehe! The Storm 1 was a great device in my personal opinion never had really any problems. And I love it. But this is going to be like heaven x2.
    LOL i was about to "like" your comment like you can do on facebook lol but yeah i agree with your comment.
    08-16-09 07:03 PM
    No I'm not excited for the phone. Not yet at least. The Storm 1 sucks to me so we'll see. I really like my Curve so a touch screen Blackberry appeals to me but I won't get it if its crappy like the Storm 1.
    08-16-09 07:57 PM

I love how people complain about the accelerometer. In Sal's video, the screen rotates faster than any iphone I have ever used/seen. What more do you want? I'm guessing you expect it to turn as you turn the device? Good luck programming something that works that fast. When you figure it out, please let the rest of the free world know how it's done ad maybe RIM will implement it.
    08-16-09 10:22 PM
    Come on storm 2! I have never hated on you but I have to let you go for the latest and greatest!
    08-16-09 10:42 PM
    could possibly be my first touchscreen phone...
    08-17-09 12:59 AM
    not a fan of touchscreens
    08-17-09 01:00 AM
    All would have been right with the world if the S1 was released with .151.

Anyway, with that being said the S2 will be the premiere device in the BB arsenal. All those boo-hoo wah wah Storm bashers will squirm like ants under a magnifying glass. Burn burn burn!!! ok lemme bring it down a notch.
    08-17-09 09:11 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD