is there a way to set that up? or maybe an app?
    08-16-09 11:47 AM
    I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Do you want to the phone to ask if you're sure you want to mark something as read?
    08-16-09 12:00 PM
    I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Do you want to the phone to ask if you're sure you want to mark something as read?
    just some sort of notification that tells you when the text message you send has been read. like we have the check and the little "D" that tells its been delivered, but it would be nice to have like a little "R" or something that says the message has been read.
    08-16-09 12:04 PM
    I don't think you can get that besides BBM, even with an app.
    08-16-09 12:08 PM
    it works with VZW to VZW sms messages only. And i doubt a app will work seeing how RIM does the SMS on BBs is pretty strict
    08-16-09 12:11 PM
    I don't think you can get that besides BBM, even with an app.
    well ****...someone needs to fix that.

it works with VZW to VZW sms messages only. And i doubt a app will work seeing how RIM does the SMS on BBs is pretty strict
    so ur saying there is a way to do it? most the of the people i text are verizon people
    08-16-09 12:11 PM
    Really? I never see it go from a D to a R and everyone I text is on VZW. Unless it's only w/ bb's, I still don't see it.
    08-16-09 12:32 PM
    Really? I never see it go from a D to a R and everyone I text is on VZW. Unless it's only w/ bb's, I still don't see it.
    +1 none of the D's ever changed.
    08-16-09 12:40 PM
    When you send sms to Verizon you get the check when sent. The D is when its read. The D is like the R in bbm. Hope that makes sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 12:40 PM
    yes, you get a 'D' when the message is read actually from what i can tell. It might have to be using a blackberry only on the other end too. Dont know for sure.

Last edited by howarmat; 08-16-09 at 12:45 PM.
    08-16-09 12:43 PM
    I thought you only get the D when you're on Verizon and going to another Verizon phone?
    08-16-09 12:44 PM
    yes, you get a 'D' when the message is read actually from what i can tell. It might have to be using a blackberry only on the other end too. Dont know for sure.

idk maybe if its just bb to bb, but i tested that out going from bb storm to venus and the "d" just means it got to the phone.
    08-16-09 12:52 PM
    for me, nothing showd up until i click and marked the incoming message read. So the 'D' meant read no actually when it got to the phone
    08-16-09 01:03 PM
    for me, nothing showd up until i click and marked the incoming message read. So the 'D' meant read no actually when it got to the phone
    hmm thats weird. cuz like i said i sat there to test it out and it got to her phone and the d showed up on mine. i hadnt opened the sent message or anything.
    08-16-09 01:07 PM
    Actually I have tested this theory MANY MANY times. The D stands for delivered NOT read. It may do something weird when you are sending it to yourself but on VZW to VZW it just simply means the other phone received the text message.
    08-16-09 01:46 PM
    You get a check on your phone when the message has been successfully sent from your phone. You then get the D when the message has been successfully delivered to the other persons phone(vzw to vzw), there isn't a way to see if they read it.(this is all for Verizon, I have no idea what other carriers do)

Last edited by ckos9; 08-16-09 at 01:50 PM.
    08-16-09 01:48 PM
    You get a check on your phone when the message has been successfully sent from your phone. You then get the D when the message has been successfully delivered to the other persons phone(vzw to vzw), there isn't a way to see if they read it.(this is all for Verizon, I have no idea what other carriers do)

yea thats how i understand it. it would be nice it did work like the bbm5 and turn to R when read....
    08-16-09 02:00 PM
    is there a way to set that up? or maybe an app?
    You have to go to options, sms, read confirmatio on.
    When you send a sms, on title side will appear a ''paper'', above the sent confirmation

08-16-09 02:36 PM
    You have to go to options, sms, read confirmatio on.
    When you send a sms, on title side will appear a ''paper'', above the sent confirmation

pics of what you're talking about bc i dont have that option in the sms ...nor do i see the paper confirmation you're talking about
    08-16-09 03:02 PM
    The D is for delivered. Means it got to the receiver's phone. Not read.

08-16-09 03:06 PM
    The D is for delivered. Means it got to the receiver's phone. Not read.

yea thats established as fact. check means its been sent, d for delivered as in to the device...
    08-16-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD