Will Tour work in UAE ? the operator is ETISALAT

Where can I buy a new unlocked Tour with a good price?

does it matter if it's from sprint or verizon?
    08-16-09 09:39 AM
    I was just in Dubai and my US-based Verizon Tour worked great. I did not notice which GSM carrier it picked up though.
    08-16-09 09:51 AM
    I want to buy one an unlocked one online, but i dont know if it will work with ETISALAT's SIM card
    08-16-09 09:56 AM
    Works fine, i live in Dubai and using a verizon tour, no issues at all.......and it also is available in the market unlocked for 2300 dhs.
    08-17-09 02:44 AM
    where can i find it in dubai ?
    08-17-09 09:31 AM
    where can i find it in dubai ?
    Don't know where you can find it in Dubai, if you can order online that's probably your best bet. I don't know if Best Buy ships to Dubai or not or if they will even sell you the phone without a contract.

You don't need to buy a pre-unlocked one either. there are many third party companies that unlock phones.

cellunlock.net is one, there are others. Once you get the Tour and unlock it you can use whichever GSM provider you want. Just be aware you need to get a BlackBerry plan if you want the data to work right and you have to follow directions about activating it on a GSM provider.
    08-17-09 09:37 AM
    what is a good website to buy from ?
    08-18-09 04:00 AM
    Just goto Gargash centre in deira and the surrounding area. That's ur best and (most likely) cheapest way of getting one here in dxb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 05:55 PM
    If your trying to buy it from the USA just buy one from SPRINT they are already unlocked! i use mine in Egypt!
    08-31-09 05:40 AM
    I have the Verizon blackberry tour in dubai on etisalat, and it rarely works. When I call people on DU and some on Etisalat a message comes up saying number unobtainable. Also, I rarely get connection to the internet. I have the unlimited domestic plan. What network settings should I use, or is the tour only compatible with du.
    03-27-10 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD