Does anyone know how early Verizon will renew a 2 year contract? I'm trying to get the Tour for the $199 price.
    08-15-09 03:55 PM
    I just got a call from Verizon offering me to upgrade my phone. The lady on the phone said you could upgrade four months away from your contract end date.
    08-15-09 04:10 PM
    Well the NE2 discount applies after 20 months. Mine got renewed after 19 months, I've heard as early as 16 months.

You can keep trying and see what happens. See how early they'll move your upgrade date up. And then, tell them that you'd like to buy it in the store, and just ask them to move your upgrade date. Then you can go into Best Buy and buy the phone for $149
    08-15-09 04:10 PM
    Well I know I can't get it throught the NE2 cause I just got my Storm in January but my contract is up April of next year (9months). I'll just try and call first before I go to the store. I always have better luck with the phone. Thanks!!
    08-15-09 04:14 PM
    I heard one year into your two year contract. You might not be able to get it that early. You can sell your Storm on ebay/craigslist and use the money towards full retail price.
    08-15-09 04:38 PM
    You can get it at the discounted price plus a $20 "administrative fee" one year into your current two-year contract. That's how I got my Tour.
    08-15-09 05:04 PM
    I got my upgrade in July, and my contract isn't up until January. I emailed CS, called CS, and called the local corporate store. I got several different answers each time I spoke with someone. Some said I had to wait till my contract was up, some said I had to wait until September, some said I had to wait till August. I say you should just keep trying until you get the answer you want!
    08-15-09 06:31 PM
    mine was 90 days. i called verizon and my contract wasnt up until november but they let me do it in july. i never tried earlier, this was actually my first time doing it but its pretty sweet. good luck!
    08-16-09 04:15 PM
    You can get it at the discounted price plus a $20 "administrative fee" one year into your current two-year contract. That's how I got my Tour.
    Same here. I definitely got my Tour at the discounted price after only one year. They charged me the $20 but then credited me $30 onto my account (dunno why the girl just offered me it).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 04:20 PM
    Does anyone know how early Verizon will renew a 2 year contract? I'm trying to get the Tour for the $199 price.
    Don't do it. The tour has a million problems - Dropped Calls (yes Verizon), bad rollerball, freeze ups... Aside from being really nice looking with great graphics, as a phone it stinks. I'm probably returning mine for a regular phone like most other people are doing. By the way, I'm already on my 2nd Tour.
    08-16-09 04:24 PM
    Guess I got lucky with mine. Zero problems.

08-16-09 04:26 PM
    You can upgrade after one year on the primary phone. If you have more than one (family plan) the others will not qualify for 12 month renewal.
    08-16-09 04:41 PM
    I was 8 months into my contract, dropped my storm - the screen cracked and I could only use the lower 1/3 of the phone - well, i called them to find out my options as I've never had insurance because I've never dropped or broken a phone before, and they let me do an early upgrade then instead of having to wait another 4 months ... so, 8 months into a 2 year contract was confirmed for me. This was the early upgrade instead of the new every 2, so I got it for $220.
    08-16-09 04:54 PM
    Don't do it. The tour has a million problems - Dropped Calls (yes Verizon), bad rollerball, freeze ups... Aside from being really nice looking with great graphics, as a phone it stinks. I'm probably returning mine for a regular phone like most other people are doing. By the way, I'm already on my 2nd Tour.
    I'm on my second tour, and having zero problems. I had the trackball problems, obut after a quick return to the VZW store and testing the brand new replacement, I'm having zero problems.
    08-16-09 04:55 PM
    * verizon offered me the TOUR for FREE after only being w/verizon for 9months-
    All I had to do was renew my 2 year. Contract-
    Which was just fine w/me- I love verizon + their customer service is grrreeeaaaat!!!
    Oh by the way, they offered me this deal cuz I was on my 6th storm goin on 7-
    They also let me keep my storm + I got brand new to�r*

08-16-09 05:21 PM
    The tour is by far the best verizon phone , take it from me I had the storm, the lg env touch,the dare,+ now the tour!

Regular phones don't even compare to the BBs ~

08-16-09 05:24 PM
    Same here. I definitely got my Tour at the discounted price after only one year. They charged me the $20 but then credited me $30 onto my account (dunno why the girl just offered me it).

I wish they would've offered me a credit too.
    08-16-09 10:17 PM
    * verizon offered me the TOUR for FREE after only being w/verizon for 9months-
    All I had to do was renew my 2 year. Contract-
    Which was just fine w/me- I love verizon + their customer service is grrreeeaaaat!!!
    Oh by the way, they offered me this deal cuz I was on my 6th storm goin on 7-
    They also let me keep my storm + I got brand new to�r*

That's kinda BS I went through 7 Pearls and I have been with them for almost 10 years that pisses me off now!
    08-17-09 01:48 AM
    Well I finally called Verizon about an early contract renewal. I qualified for the VIP program except that I switched the head of the account to my girlfriend to get her employee discount. So now I have to wait two more months to qualify and get the Tour. I will get $50 off the 2 year contract price so as of right now I will only pay $150 !! Cannot wait for it !!
    08-19-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD