I'm a longtime BB user. My company just switched carriers and we've all gone from Bolds to Tours. I've noticed that my Tour reboots itself about 5-7 times per day, often when I'm not even using it. I've tried watching for the error message when it happens but it passes by too fast.

I spoke with my carrier and they suggested I wipe the device back to factory defaults. It worked fine for the day, no reboots, no lag time when I pressed the trackball, etc. As soon as I did the Enterprise Activation it slowed to a crawl again and has rebooted 3 times in the past 2 hours. it happened this morning as I was answering a call, it happened again just as I started AppWorld, and it just did it again a few minutes ago as I was typing this note.

Any comments/observations on the Tour rebooting or being generally slow to respond once it's activated? I'm not a BES admin so I have no idea about the other side of things. It's running 4.7.1.40 which appears to be the most recent. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by segri01; 08-15-09 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Added the OS version for my device
    08-15-09 12:20 PM
    Why would you call the carrier for a BES issue? You're supposed to be in touch with your BES Admin for these sorts of problems. They have Security Policies on them, so formatting the device isn't going to do anything - and the carrier can't do anything either. Contact IT and they will get it sorted out for you.
    08-15-09 01:23 PM
    Thanks. I contacted the carrier to see if there were known issues with the Tour or with OS 4.7.1.40. Their suggestion was to wipe the handheld. My next step was to contact my IT department and see if they knew of any issues. I was looking for any advice on the board from people who might have seen this before.
    08-15-09 02:23 PM
    No, I've had my BES activated for 2 weeks now and it hasn't slowed or reset itself... Definitely has to be a BES issue, either with a security policy or some policy in place thats conflicting your Tour.
    08-15-09 03:00 PM
    I had the same problem you had with one of my Tours. It would reboot itself about once an hour out of no where.....called verizon, told me to do a wipe, did that, same thing.... took it back to verizon, got a replacement and it has been great! no reboots after the replacement.

sounds like you got the same problem I used to have, the only way I got rid of the problem was to replace it
    08-15-09 03:11 PM
    I'm on a bes, have 2 tours on our bes, no issues like this what so ever.
    08-15-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD