So I am reading all these threads about the new Storm and I'm wondering if when the Storm 2 comes out I'll be able to download the official 5.0 OS to my Storm 1 to enjoy some of the benefits like new BBM? Also does the new Storm still have the touch/click screen? Or is it just a touch screen like the iPhone?

~Andrew
    08-15-09 02:08 AM
    btw... I'm on vzw.
    08-15-09 02:17 AM
    First off, no one really knows which will come first, but the OS 5.0 will definitely become official for the 9500 & 9530 sooner or later. As for the screen on the Storm 2, I'm not sure but there have been debates in the Storm 2 [Odin] section of the forums.

Also to further add info to this post, you can enjoy BBM 5.0 now on your storm, the software was leaked a little while back. You can also try out 5.0.0.140 in the OS section for the Storm in the forums just so you can get a little taste of what is to come.
    08-15-09 06:14 AM
    So I am reading all these threads about the new Storm and I'm wondering if when the Storm 2 comes out I'll be able to download the official 5.0 OS to my Storm 1 to enjoy some of the benefits like new BBM? Also does the new Storm still have the touch/click screen? Or is it just a touch screen like the iPhone?

~Andrew
    Yes, the Storm does have a touch screen. And it clicks. While powered on. 2 separate videos, both by Kevin and Sal, have verified this.

My personal guess is that 5.0 will drop kinda mildly soon... say, 6 months. Carriers have to approve it, and RIM has to give it to them in the first place. And you think these threads hop when people get bored? Imagine when multiple carriers just get a fart cloud that looks kind of like "5.0 is getting released" will make this place look...

BBM 5.0 has been leaked, it's also been complained about. So, I'd read many various posts regarding whether it's any good or not for YOU. Because, well, at the end of the day... you're the one that's going to be using the Storm. Not me. Not Joey. Not the guy that knows everything about these devices.

YOU.
    08-15-09 06:20 AM
    I deleted BBM 5.0 as it took too much app memory, and the bugs, but that's what the search feature is for. xD
    08-15-09 06:22 AM
    As far as 5.0 BBM, a lot of people have complained about loosing messages and messages not being delivered from their devices.

Just something to think about before trying it.
    08-15-09 06:44 AM
    i love the bbm version 5.0 i havent had a single problem with it
    08-15-09 07:44 AM
    The download like on mega infected my comp with a worm virus btw

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD