I like them both .....but unsure which is better. Which do you think is a betterr device and why? Blackberry 8130 or Palm Centro. (There both for sprint if that matters)

thank you for any posts...
    08-14-09 08:24 PM
    -Palm Centro email is pretty crappy.
    -Blazer is terrible compared to BB web browser.
    -Centro java compatibility is very poor and not supported for quite some time now, resulting in OM being unstable sometimes.
    -QWERTY keyboard generally speaking is better than half qwerty though, even if the Centro keyboard is small.
    -Palm PIM is quite good, BB isn't that bad either though.
    -Centro has threaded sms, BB doesn't.
    -BB has all sorts of push services that the Centro does not.

For the push + email + browser + java compatibility reasons I'd heavily say the BB wins.
    08-14-09 08:36 PM
    I had a treo 700 and now i have a storm and a nextel curve,,, and the blackberry is much better.... BUT Every person haves an opinion...
    08-14-09 08:42 PM
    Very good points for both. it is definitely an opinion.. but threaded sms is a good pro for the centro.
    08-14-09 08:52 PM
    This is a BlackBerry fan site. I hope you've posted this same question in a Palm forum somewhere as well.

Somehow I don't think most people here are un-biased...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 11:42 PM
    This is a BlackBerry fan site. I hope you've posted this same question in a Palm forum somewhere as well.

Somehow I don't think most people here are un-biased...

good point...i was just curious to know what the differences are, and pros and cons of each device. But i understand where your comin from..
    08-15-09 12:23 AM
    Yeah post this on mytreo.net and see what you get for answers, lol

08-15-09 12:25 AM
    Yeah post this on mytreo.net and see what you get for answers, lol

ya no doubt i'll get different answers but for the most part if i get better palm answers or instead i get more blackberry answers then i'll know which is probably the better one.....so it pretty much just depends.
    08-15-09 02:29 AM
    The Centro's fall apart real easy though. Never had a BB just break down on me thought!

08-15-09 04:38 AM
    I have to disagree. I used my Centro for nearly 20 months and it's still like new minus a few scratches. My husband uses it now and loves it. Hasn't ever given either of us any problems.
    oh cool youve had both. besides how long it lasts which device do you think has the best features? and works better for you? just asking your opinion.
    08-15-09 12:07 PM
    There is the 3Jam app for threaded SMS messages for the BB if that's all that's stopping from coming over 2 the BB side.

08-15-09 01:10 PM
    Well I have a 3 friends with them that have had to return them for various reasons like the keyboard literally falling apart on one of them.

08-15-09 04:36 PM
    THe pearl is pretty good.
    08-15-09 04:53 PM
    Well I have a 3 friends with them that have had to return them for various reasons like the keyboard literally falling apart on one of them.

with what the pearl or the centro?
    08-18-09 01:31 PM
    Coming from a Centro to a Curve I can say the following:
    PIM - about the same though Palm is a little better.
    Email - BB Wins Easily
    Interface is a wash. I think BB is more atteractive but the shortcut buttons on the Centro are still brilliant after all these years and the Silence switch - I miss it.
    There are more apps for the Palm, but I have only had to sacrifice a few things.
    I thought I would miss the Palm Touchscreen but I don't.
    The Quality of the curve is much higher than the Centro. My Centro's Home button broke after a year and it creaked and squeaked more than the Curve. Plus the Centro just felt like it could die at any moment (but thats all conjecture)
    I was a palm user way back to the Handspring Visor+. In many ways the BB is the closest thing to a Palm that you can get.
    08-19-09 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD