Well, my berry was acting up a bit so I decided to wipe and do a clean install of 5.0.0.130. After install, I turned on the radio, sent my services books then did a battery pull. Well, right out of the box both the browser and media are working (on AT&T). I did another batt pull just to see if maybe it was a fluke and its still working. Do you think AT&T updated their systems for a near-future release of 5.0?
    08-14-09 02:52 PM
    Are you able to play the music and browse the internet? I originally thought I was fine but once I selected a song it would not play.
    08-14-09 09:19 PM
    Well, my berry was acting up a bit so I decided to wipe and do a clean install of 5.0.0.130. After install, I turned on the radio, sent my services books then did a battery pull. Well, right out of the box both the browser and media are working (on AT&T). I did another batt pull just to see if maybe it was a fluke and its still working. Do you think AT&T updated their systems for a near-future release of 5.0?

Both will work fine. The problem starts when you switch out browsers (well, exchanging the daemon browser file for an at&t service book file) so that your options are not limited to Media Net or Hot Spot for your browser. To answer your question about at&t upgrading to 5.0, I doubt it has happened - yet. I'm using OS .130 and Bolt browser. Not a bad combination. It has it's pros and cons. But, so does .130.
    08-14-09 09:45 PM
    I was very iffy about loading that build of OS 5 because of what people have been noticing. But after reading this post, thought I'd give it a shot. My media is working just fine, no random reboots (yet). I only have the MediaNet browser. But for the life of me, I CAN'T tell the difference between the media net and the regular browser, at least with the websites I visit regularly on my Bold. But despite the differences with the sound and notification settings, I think I'll keep this build. It definitely seems quicker.
    08-14-09 10:27 PM
    the main problem i had was the inability to load OTA programs with the medianet browser
    08-15-09 07:54 AM
    Later versions still have issues. You still need the browser fix for various carrier brandings.
    08-15-09 07:57 AM
    Medianet is the WAP browser that ATT uses for its "apps." You need the blackberry browser for OTA downloads and such

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 06:06 PM
    Medianet is the WAP browser that ATT uses for its "apps." You need the blackberry browser for OTA downloads and such

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ahhh....thanks for clearing that up
    08-16-09 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD