I've had my bold for a couple of months now and something has been bugging me about it. Everything works fine during the day, and at night before I go to bed, I plug the bold into the charger and put it on my table next to the bed. I have sleep mode disabled and backlight timer is set at 30 seconds. I also have the network LED disabled. After everything is dark and I'm sleeping, at some point in the middle of the night the LED comes on and stays on for awhile (does not flash). It is very bright and lights up the whole bedroom which is enough to wake me up. It looks to me like all three LEDs (Red, Blue and Green) are lighting at the same time causing an almost bright white LED to appear. To get back to sleep, I end up just turning the bold over onto its face so I can't see the light. By morning time the light is now out, and I have no idea why the light(s) was on in the first place. Anyone know what this is about or why this is happening?
    08-14-09 09:09 AM
    You have the "auto off" function activated? (Setup --> auto on/off)
    Try to keep only nightmode (clock/menue/bedsitemode)

Birger

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 09:15 AM
    It sounds like the phone is off and the LED changes when it's fully charged. Maybe you have auto on/off enabled? This would explain why the LED is off when you wakeup, because the phone has turned back on and those LED notifications for battery state disable.
    08-14-09 09:16 AM
    WOW Do I feel dumb!! I could have sworn I had Auto On/Off disabled for both weekdays and weekends, but both were still enabled. It looks like that was it. Thanks guys for your help.
    08-14-09 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD