Hello all. I've had my tour for a less than two weeks and while trying to scroll w/the trackball (which is difficult by the way) it slipped out of my grip. Needless to say i now have a nasty scratch on the lower right corner. Is there anyway possible that i can get a new one or am i stuck w/this one? Im so mad right now!
    08-13-09 08:32 PM
    They are not going to replace your phone because you scratched it. I would suggest getting a rubber skin or a hard case to prevent any future damage and it should cover the existing.

If you are having trackball issues, you may want to adjust your sensitivity, I had to on mine.
    08-13-09 08:34 PM
    Its not likely they will swap your phone for a scratch because you dropped it. Its not a manufacture defect which is the only way they swap out phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 08:35 PM
    Where can i get a rubber case for the tour? ive tried local spots but none seem to have anything as of yet.
    08-13-09 08:42 PM
    Look on ebay for an OEM BlackBerry silicon case (black color). Pretty good. I have one. Also get a screen protector.
    08-13-09 08:52 PM
    I was at Best Buy a couple of days ago and they had Blackberry brand silicone skins in several colors + black, Zagg invisible skins and a few other accessories for the Tour.

08-13-09 09:09 PM
    I was at Best Buy a couple of days ago and they had Blackberry brand silicone skins in several colors + black, Zagg invisible skins and a few other accessories for the Tour.

+1 for mbs on Best Buy.
    08-13-09 10:31 PM
    yeah just get a silicone case
    08-13-09 10:33 PM
    Hello all. I've had my tour for a less than two weeks and while trying to scroll w/the trackball (which is difficult by the way) it slipped out of my grip. Needless to say i now have a nasty scratch on the lower right corner. Is there anyway possible that i can get a new one or am i stuck w/this one? Im so mad right now!
    If it's that serious to you, file a claim on asurion & pay the $50..... I've done it before.

08-13-09 10:50 PM
    damn that sucks..the best thing would be probably to just get a case so you dont look at the scratch...
    08-13-09 11:08 PM
    you could put on a phantomskin as well, apparently they claim to have a self healing technology that will make your scratches disappear
    08-13-09 11:16 PM
    If it's that serious to you, file a claim on asurion & pay the $50..... I've done it before.

You mean $90. It used to be $5 a month for the insurance and a $50 fee when you had to get a new phone. Now for smartphones it is $7.99 a month and a $90 phone replacement fee.
    08-14-09 09:03 AM
    You mean $90. It used to be $5 a month for the insurance and a $50 fee when you had to get a new phone. Now for smartphones it is $7.99 a month and a $90 phone replacement fee.
    Yup....already had to use them when I lost my tour 5 days after I had it. Now I have smrtguard
    08-14-09 09:55 AM
    At least you didn't break the screen...just get a soft rubber case to cover it up. If you do a claim the insurance WILL go up...Sprint sent out a letter earlier this year stating the replacement cost for pda devices will be DOUBLED. That's right, to replace a "smartphone" on the "now network" it costs 100.00 for a deductable! I can only assume this is because people were doing claims on their devices when they really didn't need one!

08-14-09 11:22 AM
    i just get disgusted when i see the scracth..smh. im really considering doing the insurance thing and getting the phantom skinz...
    08-15-09 01:28 PM
    I've said this before, and I will say it again.

Carriers are catching on to people who fraudulently return their devices. They are employing the same tactics as places like Best Buy, who log return history and then prevent you from doing this again. They are ALSO (very very smart move) sending the "returned" devices to IT to have them tested. If IT can't duplicate the problem that you returned it for, you will see a charge on your bill for the full retail price of the device.
    08-15-09 01:38 PM
    if youre having problems with your trackball cant you just go get a new one under warranty?
    youd get a new one with a fixed trackball(hopefully) and no scratches
    08-15-09 06:20 PM
    Just joined the dropped tour club. Mine dropped out of my shirt pocket when i was bending over to train a dog.

Fortunately enough, after careful examination, only my bezel was scratched, which was okay as i have 2 bezels coming in
    08-16-09 11:43 PM
    Oh hi, I did something stupid myself, will someone else pay for it?

REALLY?
    08-16-09 11:47 PM
    Buy the part you need from CNN.cn and get yourself a silicone case so it doesn't happen again.
    08-16-09 11:53 PM
    Where can i get a rubber case for the tour? ive tried local spots but none seem to have anything as of yet.
    They have cases in the kiosks at the mall and also the Verizon store as well.

When I bought my tour I bought the black case from Verizon but then in the mall I bought a purple one
    08-17-09 12:05 AM
    Does the rubber case will allow the Tour to bounce back into your hand?
    08-17-09 12:31 AM
    Does the rubber case will allow the Tour to bounce back into your hand?
    Go dribble it and let me know!

08-17-09 01:22 AM
    get used to it, it wont be the last time it falls!!! no big deal ")
    08-17-09 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD