whenever i get to the office or i get home i hate how i get DOUBLE of everything. if someone IMs me or sends me an email first my BB signals me then i see it on my desktop screen.

i was thinking about getting the tour cradle and i was wondering if you guys knew whether there is some kind of function where i could place the BB in the cradle and it would turn off the internet connectivity?

i dont know... maybe im asking too much. i mean usually when i get to the office or go home i just put my phone on PHONE CALLS ONLY mode. then i just have to mark all of the messages as read.

im talking about this cradle:

08-13-09 07:02 PM
    The cradle is nothing more than a charger. It controls nothing... However, I have my BB set to enter bedside mode when charging and all it does is display the clock. It still receives all of my messages and calls so when I take the device out or exit bedside mode, I can see everything I missed but while it's in bedside mode, the screen is dimmed and the LED indicator is off.

Best you could do is probably "click" disable radio when charging but then you wouldn't get calls either.

Sorry if this doesn't help but i'm curious, If you don't like push services, why get a BB?

It's initial function is serve as a second desktop and to provide mobile access no?
    Last edited by Madness87; 08-13-09 at 07:15 PM.
    08-13-09 07:13 PM
    The cradle is nothing more than a charger. It controls nothing... However, I have my BB set to enter bedside mode when charging and all it does is display the clock. It still receives all of my messages and calls so when I take the device out or exit bedside mode, I can see everything I missed but while it's in bedside mode, the screen is dimmed and the LED indicator is off.

Best you could do is probably "click" disable radio when charging but then you wouldn't get calls either.

Sorry if this doesn't help but i'm curious, If you don't like push services, why get a BB?

It's initial function is serve as a second desktop and to provide mobile access no?
    thanks for the help!

dont get me wrong... i LOVE my BB. and you're right... it is a computer on the go and i dont know how i worked without having my bb by my side.

however, when i get back to the office or anytime im sitting in front of the computer it just gets kind of annoying when it is CONSTANTLY blinking or making sounds because of incoming emails, IMs, and other messages.

i dont know... i was just hoping that whenever its in the cradle it somehow "realizes" that im sitting in front of the computer...

HAHAHA
    08-13-09 07:19 PM
    thanks for the help!

dont get me wrong... i LOVE my BB. and you're right... it is a computer on the go and i dont know how i worked without having my bb by my side.

however, when i get back to the office or anytime im sitting in front of the computer it just gets kind of annoying when it is CONSTANTLY blinking or making sounds because of incoming emails, IMs, and other messages.

i dont know... i was just hoping that whenever its in the cradle it somehow "realizes" that im sitting in front of the computer...

HAHAHA
    No I completely understand... It's completely valid that there are times when you only need your BB for calls and everything else should be disabled.

how about when you have your BB with you in the office that you go to messages, option, notifications off and then when you leave turn them back on?

That way, you could still receive and make calls but you wouldn't be bugged by any indicators.

Or create a custom profile in which you have LED notifiers turned off or messages off... That way you can switch to your custom profile at work and then switch to normal when you leave.
    08-13-09 07:52 PM
    thanks for the help!

HAHAHA
    Do you have the E-mail Reconciliation marked to delete on the mailbox and the handheld? If so then you could just turn your profiles to phone only or even make an office specific profile so that it doesn't blink or sound for e-mails or IM. Just an idea
    08-13-09 07:55 PM
    If you go with using a different profile that disables notifications, I would recomend the location profiler app that changes your profile based on your GPS location
    08-13-09 08:20 PM
    actually there IS a way to do this but i was hoping to have an automatic function.

go to:

->manage connections -> mobile network options -> data services [set to OFF]

this will turn off all of your internet services but you will STILL be able to receive phone calls.

i was just hoping that if i got a holster or when i charge my phone it will automatically turn off the data services.

that way when i am sitting at my desk i can turn off the data services.
    08-14-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD