View Poll Results: VZ Navigator vs. TeleNav

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • VZ Navigator

7 46.67%
  • TelNav

8 53.33%
    Any thoughts? Please only answer if you've used both. Cant decide which route to go. Not wanting Garmin this time around, so please don't mention it. Thanks.
    08-13-09 06:59 PM
    telenav is the Cadillac of GPS turn-by-turn apps.
    08-13-09 07:08 PM
    I find VZ Nav to be much better functionally. The actual navigation is spot on....never had a problem. traffic is great and actually very accurate (there's alot of traffic around NYC so this is important to me), and the POI's are extensive. Also, I love being able to plan out routes and do local searches indoors, without having to lock on to GPS (from what i remember i dont think you could do this with Telenav...maybe i'm wrong). Telenav definitely looks better though and is much cleaner. VZ looks very dated, especially on the Tour (I used on Storm as well). Hopefully, they come out with an update soon.
    08-13-09 07:18 PM
    telenav is alot better. It works flawless i had a few problems with the vz navigator
    08-13-09 07:42 PM
    VZNavigator can't be beat, by far the best navigation out there
    08-13-09 07:47 PM
    FictionWeLive:

I just finished my 30 day free trial of TeleNav yesterday, and I have to admit. I really like it. There however a few areas that I had issues with.

First, out here in CA, we are undergoing the transformation of Washington Mutual Banks to Chase Banks. Some of the old WAMU's are now closed. The data base doesn't recognize Chase Banks, and I was sent to a closed WAMU, looking for an ATM.

Second, the routes that it takes me from point A to point B, are not always the shortest, or quickest.

Third, I started to commute to a town south of Fresno, CA a few weeks ago. I know the route very well, and didn't need the TeleNav GPS, but wanted to see how it performed or what routes it wanted to send me.

The route I would drive without the GPS is all HWY.

The route TeleNav wanted to send me was mostely HWY, with a few Country Rural Roads that are only posted at 55mph. Not a good choice and it was a slower route.

I tested TeleNav everyday, even doing the routine stuff, running errands and stuff.

I live 5 miles from Gold's Gym, and the route it wanted to take me was almost an extra mile more and is a much heavier traffic congested route. Minor I know, but I would think the GPS would pick this up, or their data base would have the shorter route.

I just downloaded VZ Navigator today. Verizon was kind enough to give me a 30 day free trial.

I have not been able to get the darn thing to work to save my life. Can't find my gym, can't find my bank, and I keep getting a {15} error code message.

I called Verizon. I un-installed and re-installed it...No GO!

So far I can't tell you how VZ Navigator works, as well....It doens't work!

I called Garmin this afternoon. They told me that they will have Garmin Mobile for the Tour Next Week.

I am going to try them, and compare them to TeleNav. I have a two year old stand alone Garmin GPS, that I loved and if the Garmin Mobile for the Tour is as good as the old Garmin Stand Alone GPS, I will most likely go with them. If it isn't, then I would go with TeleNav, despite the issues.

I do like the simplicity of the TeleNav home screen, and it is very fast to update along my route and never got me lost...So I might be trying to out due a great GPS soloution (TeleNav) by trying other GPS programs (VZ Navigator and Garmin) next week, but I feel like I need to try them all.

I will keep you posted on the VZ Navigator if I can get it to work, and the Garmin Mobile if it comes out next week like their CS Agents advised me on today.

Hope this helps.

Have a good one...
    08-14-09 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD