i recently bought a blackberry bold from rogers and im thinking about unlocking it for use on the fido network... i already have a data plan from fido but my question is will the 3G still work??? please help!!
    08-13-09 06:40 PM
    If Fido's network offers and operates on 3G then you should also have 3G on your unlocked Bold.
    08-13-09 06:55 PM
    Be careful though... Fido only has 3G coverage in select areas such as Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and Montreal etc...

It has normal coverage almost all over but 3G is limited away from the major cities.

http://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/F...o=linkToCanada

here's the link... check if you are covered.
    Last edited by Madness87; 08-13-09 at 07:07 PM.
    08-13-09 07:04 PM
    Im covered in 3G and i have it unlocked and im with fido. Its great. works the same as if it wasnt unlocked
    08-13-09 08:14 PM
    Your Blackberry Bold will work fine on Fido's 3G... The only issue is the "Roaming" icon that you will see on the screen.. This is a technical issue because Rogers took all the Fido towers.

My Bold is working great on Fido in Vancouver. and I got it unlocked by mobile to go - vancouver - gsm phone unlock services - remote unlocking
    08-14-09 03:03 PM
    i have a bold from rogers unlocked and it works fine on Fido 3G..
    08-14-09 05:50 PM
    Do you need to get a different unlocking code for Fido, or if the phone is unlocked to Rogers, will it work on the Fido network as well (since it's the same as the Rogers network)?
    08-25-09 04:27 PM
    Your Blackberry Bold will work fine on Fido's 3G... The only issue is the "Roaming" icon that you will see on the screen.. This is a technical issue because Rogers took all the Fido towers.
    I did notice a red roaming icon on an unlocked BlackBerry Bold on the Fido network, will that cost me extra when I use the phone or is it just a technical problem (glitch)?
    08-30-09 05:58 PM
    Im covered in 3G and i have it unlocked and im with fido. Its great. works the same as if it wasnt unlocked
    Did you get the red triangle roaming indicator when you're using it with Fido? Is that a glitch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 08:26 PM
    Did you get the red triangle roaming indicator when you're using it with Fido? Is that a glitch?

Its a white triangle for me. It goes red when you don't have your data turned on. Rogers bought all of fido's towers so you will always be roaming. No worries.. No charge though

08-31-09 11:16 PM
    Since you guys are on Fido I might as well ask here.. What's the best plan/pack for the Bold on Fido? If I take a simple voice plan and the 500mb data add-on will I have access to all the apps/gps features on the Bold? Over wifi a lot of those things don't work. I am just wondering if I need any specific plan with a carrier for full functionality.

Also what about pop email, do i need the BB email add-on as well?

thanks!
    09-12-09 10:39 AM
    anyone?
    09-13-09 09:38 AM
    I believe for $25 you get 500mb of data and unlimited email and bbm with Fido. The GPS/APPS should work with that plan... you should call them and ask to make sure though.
    09-13-09 10:32 AM
    I need help! i just unlocked my blackberry bold 9000 from rogers to Fido.. and my BBM is not working? i already added the data plan, and i saw above someone talking about the red triangle, mines red too, how do you make it white?
    10-17-10 04:45 PM
    I need help! i just unlocked my blackberry bold 9000 from rogers to Fido.. and my BBM is not working? i already added the data plan, and i saw above someone talking about the red triangle, mines red too, how do you make it white?
    Are you data services turned on? Could Fido have it blocked going to your phone? What type of network are you seeing in the top right hand corner of your phone's display? GSM, EDGE, 3G...?

If you're not seeing a data servicem you may need to call Fido and see if they have it blocked to your phione, and have them unblock it.
    10-18-10 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD